Wow !

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
Doesn't surprise me about Lederer, but it does a little about Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson. It will be interesting to see how this develops. Wonder what the poker forums are saying.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I am not sure what to think, IMO the government can paint things the way they want and that is how it comes out in the papers, somewhere is the real truth though. Was the system rigged and people being cheated or was it made just very difficult to get the cash out of FT? I laughed at people selling money on AZB for Full Tilt or PokerStars, they would want say $120 to get $100 of money in there, I was like I will give you $100 for $150 of the money in there because I know it is not so simple to get the money out of those poker sites.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
This isn't the 1st online poker scam.
Do people still think this stuff is on the up and up ? :confused:
Rod.
PS. Maybe I belong in the paranoid camp. :eek:

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
No, it isn't. I have played in freerolls and play chips, so I'm familiar with them. There was a scandal at Absolute Poker where a guy played and could see others hole cards. His online name was Potripper. The account was owned by a former employee named AJ Ripper. Ulimate Bet also had a scandal, really it's probably harder to find one that hasn't.

Even Doyle Brunson is was under investigation for possible violation of anti-fraud laws. It involves a large offer of $700,000,000 for the WPT owned by Texas Dolly's friend Lyle Berman. The offer caused the stock price to skyrocket. The price dropped just as quickly when the WPT people said they were unable to contact Doyle's company for verification. Doyle has since cut his ties with the site bearing his name.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
This isn't the 1st online poker scam.
Do people still think this stuff is on the up and up ? :confused:
Rod.
PS. Maybe I belong in the paranoid camp. :eek:
Every person I know who played online poker always told me they were winners. Now I suppose they'll tell me they quit playing a few years ago:rolleyes: .

Dennis

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Cowboy Dennis said:
Every person I know who played online poker always told me they were winners. Now I suppose they'll tell me they quit playing a few years ago:rolleyes: .

Dennis

That is funny Dennis cause I hear the same thing from guys who are go offs in the pool room but they all win at online poker.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis

Too funny, Dennis. That's how you know if a guy has a gambling problem, he reports only winnings.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I tried to wake everybody up...

I tried to wake everybody up...

...about a year or so ago. I posted on AZ and here what I had learned about online poker. I had been put in touch with Russ Georgiev by Harry Platis. Harry had tried to start up an online poker room and was using Russ to put it together. Russ was an old champion poker player. Harry's room didnt make it and folded early. When I started squawking to Harry about why I could no longer win playing on the internet he plugged me in to Russ in Seattle. Russ told me that since 2006 everybody stopped winning. Before 2006 the sites used to pay frequent player 10 cents a hand as shills in order to keep the tables filled up. in 2006 they ended that practice and instead installed robot shills to fill out the games, instantly saving big money. In order to keep the move legal, the sites programmed the robots to lose -- but just a little -- maybe $1 an hour. It sounds innocuous but the percentages tell a different tale.

If you are playing in a 10 handed ring game where everybody puts up $110, the site cuts the pot 10 % ($100) and there is supposed to be $1000 left in the pot to be won by the players. However, if a robot is in the game and he is programmed to lose only $1 an hour, (the game usually takes about an hour to finish) the amount of $ left in the pot is not $1000 but only $901! A cut of another 10 %. Thats about 20% viggorish total, an insurmountable hill to climb. Now put two robots in the game and figure out the rest.
In the big tournaments they would also install robots that would never win the tournaments but would come in 4th, 5th, 9th etc and gobble up nice pieces of the prize money.
There was more, much more, but aint what I already said enough?

Beard

All those "winners" at online poker are tall-tale tellers close to ER's speed.

JAM

Verified Member
Thanks for the great read. It is an eye-opener for sure.

I agree about the bots, no question, but I don't believe everything the government puts out there to the fourth estate. Having seen how things operate behind the scenes, the dissemination of evidence garnered by *some* government entities is not only 100-percent accurate by the time the media gets a hold of it. And don't get me started on how skewed the media coverage is of various happenings.

We used to play online poker, and when we had $1,000 of winnings, we'd cash out. They would mail a check for free to you within a few days if you had $1,000 or more.

Maybe my team was more thrifty with their winnings, but we actually did cash more than we spent in online poker, so we were one of the lucky ones, I guess.

Currently, my other half is playing online poker on BetOnline.com. He is up in his winnings, but it's not from his poker playing. He made a huge score on the Floyd Mayweather fight, so he's flush for the time being. He enjoys waking up each day and playing cheap online poker at this website. :p

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Alot of rigging went on for a long time ... the percentages skewed toward the house by 1 to 2 percent makes a huge difference. There are reporting sites OfficialPokerRankings . com and Sharkscope.com that will allow you to research wether a player is a winner or a loser just by the screen sign on name. I know that even after 2006 people are still winners but the r.o.i. was made significantly less. The sites only make money by having you there and the last thing they wanted were these statistical reporting sites showing you how other player perceive you by your stats. After 2006 the games were indeed tampered with.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis

When I was in jail, everyone I met there was innocent (except me) :D
Rod.