WOP autographs

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
I have played at least 23 of the players that autographed your book, I noticed the Santo's is in there twice. Boyce i may have played but I can't remember who he is. Also the last autograph in your book is too hard for me to make out who it is. :confused:

Jeez!! i'm feeeling older all the time, anyways Merry Christmas and I wish I would of collected all the greats and their autographs, great job.

Bill Incardona

I believe Frank said that last one is Ralph Souquet (guessing the Ger is for Germany).

The one under Ed Kelly, he said he wasn't sure who that was, looks like first name is Jack and last name starts with a G.?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Of those players who have signed on this page I've played eight. I played Grady three times, gambling once and twice in tournaments 3 - 0; and I've played Cliff twice in tournaments and I'm 2 -0; Lou, John S.; and Santos, I played each of them once and won against each of them. I lost to Roger G. playing cheap once, and lost to Busty and Mike Lebron once each in tournaments. Not a bad record considering. :D

Tom

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I've only played three, although I may be one of only a few on here that have played Marshall Carpenter. We played 4-5 years ago in Mobile. I got 10-7, and we broke even after several hour's play. I was surprised at how strong his game still was-- even at 79 or so.

I lost to Tony Ellin at the Reno Open 9-ball, but won playing Grady at the opening of his new room. We never played 1P, but I'd have had no chance with him at that game.

Doc

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
I'm experimenting with posting picture. Here is a page from my Winning One Pocket book. Do you know most of these? Better question... how many have you played?
View attachment 9335

have played at least 21 of these fellas and have won a time or two against more than half of these ( one pocket and nine ball )

don't know Brown or Boyce? but the Jack G may be Jack Justice the case maker? and if the last name is Ralf then add one more to my list

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
... although I may be one of only a few on here that have played Marshall Carpenter. We played 4-5 years ago in Mobile. I got 10-7, and we broke even after several hour's play. I was surprised at how strong his game still was-- even at 79 or so ...

Doc

lucky enough to play Mr Carpenter in one of the Roanoke 1P tournaments in the early nineties ... and might add I won, nice fellow as well

Jimmy B

Verified Member
lucky enough to play Mr Carpenter in one of the Roanoke 1P tournaments in the early nineties ... and might add I won, nice fellow as well

Weren't you featured in an Accu-Stat match around that time when you beat Beenie, with Buddy and Grady on the mic??

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Weren't you featured in an Accu-Stat match around that time when you beat Beenie, with Buddy and Grady on the mic??

yes Jimmy. the match was so short, winning 3-0 that they doubled it up with Hopkins and forgetting whoever his opponent was - ( old age :) sux )

I was playing decent then, with my business as my sponsor, so was able to play a lot of nineball and onepocket