Win A Brand New S,M,& S Book

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In September of 2011 I bought 4 brand new "Shots, Moves , & Strategies" books directly from Eddie Robin. I still have three left after sending one to "Fanatic". Eddie wrapped these books as if they were his children and they needed protection. I'd like to propose an idea and a contest that I've been considering for quite a while.

I'm thinking of asking for $5 donations to onepocket.org for each number purchased and using the MegaMillions Gold Ball number as the decider for the winner. There are 46 numbers for the Gold Ball, according to the website. That means the field will be limited to 46 bids @ $5 apiece. I think that after the 46th bid is received we can use the second MegaMillions drawing after that date to decide the winner of the S,M, & S book. Whatever (Gold Ball) number comes up in that drawing will be the number that wins the brand new book.

If anyone has a problem with my thinking, please do mention it to me. I may be mis-thinking something. If anyone has a better idea, please do inform us of it.

Again, I want no monies from anyone. All $5 bids must be sent to Steve Booth at onepocket.org.. He can then use the money for running the site or the HOF dinner or anything else he deems necessary for running this great site.

If this works out well I will then do the same for a "Winning One Pocket" book. The WOP will be "used" as there are no new ones that I know of. The price will be higher for the WOP as it is rarer. I'm thinking maybe $10 per bid for the WOP.

Please do let me know your thoughts.

P.S. If we get close to 46 bids without actually achieving 46 bids, I will buy the rest and have a chance of winning my own book:D. Don't let that happen:). If anyone sees a potential problem with my idea please inform me of your thoughts. I think I've thought it through but you never know.

Dennis

To be clear; you must send the money to Steve Booth. I don't know the methods available but I'm sure Steve will tell us.

After you send the money, pick your number from 1 to 46. You cannot pick a number that someone else has already picked.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm thinking of closing the bidding on September 30. That means the Gold Ball number will be drawn on October 4.

If this thing speeds up to the point where all 46 numbers are gone well before that date then we can agree on an earlier date for the MegaMillions drawing.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Another thing to consider for all you lurkers out there; you must register on onepocket.org and be a member to post a bid and choose a number:).

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
In September of 2011 I bought 4 brand new "Shots, Moves , & Strategies" books directly from Eddie Robin. I still have three left after sending one to "Fanatic". Eddie wrapped these books as if they were his children and they needed protection. I'd like to propose an idea and a contest that I've been considering for quite a while.

I'm thinking of asking for $5 donations to onepocket.org for each number purchased and using the MegaMillions Gold Ball number as the decider for the winner. There are 46 numbers for the Gold Ball, according to the website. That means the field will be limited to 46 bids @ $5 apiece. I think that after the 46th bid is received we can use the second MegaMillions drawing after that date to decide the winner of the S,M, & S book. Whatever (Gold Ball) number comes up in that drawing will be the number that wins the brand new book.

If anyone has a problem with my thinking, please do mention it to me. I may be mis-thinking something. If anyone has a better idea, please do inform us of it.

Again, I want no monies from anyone. All $5 bids must be sent to Steve Booth at onepocket.org.. He can then use the money for running the site or the HOF dinner or anything else he deems necessary for running this great site.

If this works out well I will then do the same for a "Winning One Pocket" book. The WOP will be "used" as there are no new ones that I know of. The price will be higher for the WOP as it is rarer. I'm thinking maybe $10 per bid for the WOP.

Please do let me know your thoughts.

P.S. If we get close to 46 bids without actually achieving 46 bids, I will buy the rest and have a chance of winning my own book:D. Don't let that happen:). If anyone sees a potential problem with my idea please inform me of your thoughts. I think I've thought it through but you never know.

P.Ps. I almost forgot to mention, the S,M, & S has at least three pics of SJD in it and not because a rat fell on his table:eek:.

Dennis

I'll bite for a couple tickets even tho I had difficulty getting past that last horrible line you wrote.:frus
(Notice the self-control I now have by not responding with a cute snidely)

I hope I dont win. I already have both books, one of them signed by "many" (many of which are dead). Put up a PayPal address Steve.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'll bite for a couple tickets even tho I had difficulty getting past that last horrible line you wrote.:frus

I hope I dont win. I already have both books, one of them signed by "many" (many of which are dead). Put up a PayPal address Steve.

Freddy,

Your self-control is amazing:). I guess I only wrote that because I've been on a 3 day long-weekend from work and I may have pulled a cork tonight:p.

Please choose a number from 1 to 46 for the chances you want. For two chances pick two numbers. Those numbers will then become yours and nobody else's.

Dennis

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
You're a class act Dennis,Post a PayPal address. Good things happen to good people.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You're a class act Dennis,Post a PayPal address. Good things happen to good people.

FEF,

I'm certain that Steve Booth will inform us on how to get him the money. After you send it, pick a number from 1 to 46 for every $5 chance you want. Post the numbers you've chosen in this thread so it's all public record who has what numbers.

Thanks for the compliment:).

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dennis thats very generous of you:)
my only comment is $5 is too cheap ...:eek:
$10 would have been better based on the value of the book and the risk /reward ratio....jmho
you may wish to reconsider the price for wop.
im in for $20 once steve posts the payment info
thanks for helping to support the site
:)

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
numbers

numbers

I'll pick 02-24-28. I'll send 15.00 to pay pal address. Thanks, FastEddieF.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I already own both books and don't need another one but I'll take 12; 17; 22; and 26. If I win I want the book to go to Onepocket .org. They can then auction the book off or have a contest, or whatever they choose, and use the proceeds for some good cause which they can determine. Maybe for next years US One Pocket Tournament sponsorship.

I'll send the check today,

Tom

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
sms auction

sms auction

Dennis, I'd like 7,8,41,44. Am sending the ck to N.H in the a.m. thanks for the generous gesture, Tom K

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Here is the list of numbers chosen so far. The red numbers are chosen already by the name next to them. The black numbers are still available.

If I should make an error on this list your post will show your numbers but I'd still appreciate if someone told me of an error.

1.piggybank04.......................................24. FastEddieF.

2. FastEddieF...................................25.

3.dontscratch..................................26. Tom Wirth

4.Kickman...................................................27. dontscratch

5. lll...............................................28. FastEddieF.

6.Kickman...................................................29.piggybank04

7. tsk7878.......................................30. lll

8. tsk7878........................................31.3RAILKICK

9.....................................................32.3RAILKICK

10.Kickman...................................................33.3RAILKICK

11. dontscratch..................................34.3RAILKICK

12 Tom Wirth....................................35. lll

13....................................................36.tuscon9ball

14.piggybank04........................................37.tuscon9ball

15....................................................38.tuscon9ball

16. dontscratch...................................39.

17. Tom Wirth.....................................40.Freddy

18.....................................................41.tsk7878

19. lll.................................................42Freddy

20......................................................43.tuscon9ball

21......................................................44. tsk7878

22. Tom Wirth......................................45.piggybank04

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Freddy,

You must choose a number from 1 to 46. One number =$5, two numbers=$10 and so forth.

Post the numbers you have chosen in this thread please. The list of untaken numbers is in the post above this one.

Thanks Freddy.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I already own both books and don't need another one but I'll take 12; 17; 22; and 26. If I win I want the book to go to Onepocket .org. They can then auction the book off or have a contest, or whatever they choose, and use the proceeds for some good cause which they can determine. Maybe for next years US One Pocket Tournament sponsorship.

I'll send the check today,

Tom

Tom, that's very nice of you. Thanks.

Dennis