who would you want as a coach if your life was on the line?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I was wondering who everyone on here would want as their coach if you had to play one game of one pocket for your LIFE. I want you to use what you have learned from their shot selections on here to guide you as to who the best coach would be. Your choices as coaches are as follows.

Billy Incardona
Freddy the Beard
San Jose Dick
The One Pocket Ghost
John Brumback

Im curious who people have been most impressed by and learned the most from on here.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
HACKER
not saying you would win the contest but you should at least put your name on the ballot...:D
just sayin

learningonepocket

If I had to choose I would like to choose AB if possible from what I hear he had a hellva win loss percentage. But out of the list you put up I would take Dr Bill
he has been around along time like the rest of the them.
My logic on this is Billy is either playing or watching in the booth So he sees how everyone plays constantly.
He would probably be able to Tell you every ones weakness.

Skin

Verified Member
I am not going to play a game of one-pocket for my life. If I am going to die, it is not going to be from being that stupid. :lol

Skin

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
You forgot one...
Cowboy Dennis...

I would have to take all six then... I would live a glorious long life, because it would be impossible for those six to ever agree on what shot I was supposed to take...

Just sayin...

B

tylerdurden

Verified Member
My answer is Billy I, because my style gels with his the best, I think he would see shots I liked. SJD would be a close second, if not a tie (I need to see him play more though, any tapes out there besides vs Joyner??).

beatle

Verified Member
billy. as he is one of the very few people in pool that understand percentages properly and can use that to make the proper decisions.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Thats playin' pretty high, ain't it Hack...!

Thats playin' pretty high, ain't it Hack...!

I want a write in candidate...I'm takin' Fast Lenny...I know he'd have my back !.. (all the others are wimp's) :eek:

PS..Aren't you about to run out of your "What If's ?...Hypothetical pool, ain't much better than WEI Tabling, or Greensh*tting !.:rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I want a write in candidate...I'm takin' Fast Lenny...I know he'd have my back !.. (all the others are wimp's) :eek:

PS..Aren't you about to run out of your "What If's ?...Hypothetical pool, ain't much better than WEI Tabling, or Greensh*tting !.:rolleyes: :p

P.S. Don't worry, I would get the jump on them. :heh

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
First let me say that I have tremendous respect for all of these guys. I have been on the forum for a long time now and the who's-right-most-of-the-time average is very high for all of them. They each have their strengths and their style. I could say Ghost but he thinks so much I'd be exhausted after a game or two. Dr. Bill is great. I love the way he explains his shot choices in terms that teach us all a lot. Freddie could be the right choice. He always knows why he is shooting a particular shot but often has choices based on a feeling or reasons he can't articulate. John is a bank player and yes he could spot me the brazilians and still win but he banks much better than he plays one pocket. I would choose Dick at the risk of massaging his ego. It comes down to one shot that was posted in a WEI diagram a while ago. The cue ball was near the head string on the left side of the table. There was a ball on the RH long rail just south of the side pocket. Oh, we had the RH pocket. If you run that ball down the rail to your pocket, whitie would go accross to the left side of the table and you could run some. There was an almost straight in shot at our hole but it was half way between the hole and the cue ball. If you hit it with stun, you would fall on shapes to run some but sell out if you missed. Almost everybody said they'd shoot the straight in except Dick and this was my choice as well. It comes up all the time in games. It's free if you hit it half way right. I'm a sucker for free shots. Also, I often play on a table with 4" pockets and those long straight in are tough--especially when you have to put a little bit of pace on them. That's my choice. My only aprehension is that Dick would flock with my life just for the fun of it.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
First let me say that I have tremendous respect for all of these guys. I have been on the forum for a long time now and the who's-right-most-of-the-time average is very high for all of them. They each have their strengths and their style. I could say Ghost but he thinks so much I'd be exhausted after a game or two. Dr. Bill is great. I love the way he explains his shot choices in terms that teach us all a lot. Freddie could be the right choice. He always knows why he is shooting a particular shot but often has choices based on a feeling or reasons he can't articulate. John is a bank player and yes he could spot me the brazilians and still win but he banks much better than he plays one pocket. I would choose Dick at the risk of massaging his ego. It comes down to one shot that was posted in a WEI diagram a while ago. The cue ball was near the head string on the left side of the table. There was a ball on the RH long rail just south of the side pocket. Oh, we had the RH pocket. If you run that ball down the rail to your pocket, whitie would go accross to the left side of the table and you could run some. There was an almost straight in shot at our hole but it was half way between the hole and the cue ball. If you hit it with stun, you would fall on shapes to run some but sell out if you missed. Almost everybody said they'd shoot the straight in except Dick and this was my choice as well. It comes up all the time in games. It's free if you hit it half way right. I'm a sucker for free shots. Also, I often play on a table with 4" pockets and those long straight in are tough--especially when you have to put a little bit of pace on them. That's my choice. My only aprehension is that Dick would flock with my life just for the fun of it.

So far it looks like SJD has a slight edge in the voting based on his sense of humor, drinking ability, and the fact that he was the only one of the candiates that would shoot a freebie... LOL WOW these candidates over the years have really impressed the voters..LMFAO this might as well be a presedential election lol

Deeman

Verified Member
I would select Billy and Dick but call Rod for a third opinion!

DeeMan
Last time Dick may have told me to take up tennis.....

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The obvious question rearing its head at this point, and a much more entertaining one at that, is who would you absolutely, 100% NOT want to have as your coach :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would select Billy and Dick but call Rod for a third opinion!

DeeMan
Last time Dick may have told me to take up tennis.....

Rodney is clearly one of the smartest players we have on this site, I have learned quite a bit by reading his shot selections. And the way he explains things using the dry humor dialog is priceless. Rodney would definitely be my corner man if I were in a fight.

Larry would be my cut man.
The Duck would be my P.R. man:lol
Cowboy would be my body guard:eek:
Brumback would be my Bud:)
The Ghost would be my agent :heh
The Beard would be my manager.:(

Dr.(Raging Bull) Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Rodney is clearly one of the smartest players we have on this site, I have learned quite a bit by reading his shot selections. And the way he explains things using the dry humor dialog is priceless. Rodney would definitely be my corner man if I were in a fight.

Larry would be my cut man.
The Duck would be my P.R. man:lol
Cowboy would be my body guard:eek:
Brumback would be my Bud:)
The Ghost would be my agent :heh
The Beard would be my manager.:(

Dr.(Raging Bull) Bill

Damn Billy, i didnt get any of those positions. I must be your opponent in this situation.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'd be like Hacker. Forget the coach and get me a stake horse. :heh:lol
Rod.

Dont get mad because i didnt list you as one of the options. Unfortunately your lack of knowledge disqualified you. Not everyone can be star Androd teams need scrubs to fill out the roster.
P.S. By the way backers is what makes the pool world go. There is no money in tournaments and never has been. Pool is in an all time shitter right now because the majority of backers have been screwed over by lowdown, snake in the grass, scumbag, pool players (if the shoe fits slip it on) that they have been turned off to pool. In this day and age its rare that rare that certain players still have the trust of the people that bet on them. The people that look down on people who have backers are either jealous or they have ****ed over every backer they have ever had and cant get staked anymore.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Lets have another contest

Lets have another contest

Here is another contest that might change the polls a little.

Who would Efren -- if he had to have one --want to have as a coach?

Beard

This should thin out the field.

My next post will contain a trivia question... "Who is.....

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Dont get mad because i didnt list you as one of the options. Unfortunately your lack of knowledge disqualified you. Not everyone can be star Androd teams need scrubs to fill out the roster.
P.S. By the way backers is what makes the pool world go. There is no money in tournaments and never has been. Pool is in an all time shitter right now because the majority of backers have been screwed over by lowdown, snake in the grass, scumbag, pool players (if the shoe fits slip it on) that they have been turned off to pool. In this day and age its rare that rare that certain players still have the trust of the people that bet on them. The people that look down on people who have backers are either jealous or they have ****ed over every backer they have ever had and cant get staked anymore.

Nah, I just always liked my games or I didn't play. My credit has always been good, so I didn't play just because the rent was due. I always liked my games, I didn't want to give away any of my action. I have been broke many times and got money to play, but always stood good for my end if I lost. I owe no one, I've owed many, but paid all. Being a good guy is probably why I've been so lucky.
Sorry I hit one of your sore spots.:eek::( You always turn vicious when somebody pokes you a little. Toughen up. :D:p:)
Rod.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Here is another contest that might change the polls a little.

Who would Efren -- if he had to have one --want to have as a coach?

Beard

This should thin out the field.

My next post will contain a trivia question... "Who is.....

I think Efren might choose Dippy Dave since he likes thinking out of the box with some of his shot selections.