What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Every other day is spent in bed recovering from working in the shop, working on the lawnmower, cullying limbs, building a light for my table. View attachment 430524

Really nice. I have a bay window I would like to change to your style. The roofline may prevent me
Bill, how about inviting me over for dinner and to hang out. What a life living where you live, I'm so envious.

Dr. Bill

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, how about inviting me over for dinner and to hang out. What a life living where you live, I'm so envious.

Dr. Bill
That is so strange
Just this minute I was thinking of inviting you
You are more than welcome anytime

Attachments

• 0F886D33-D814-4EB0-884B-BABF5B611F30.jpeg
    0F886D33-D814-4EB0-884B-BABF5B611F30.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I live in Port Angeles next to the mouth of the Elwha River
Yes, Bill, I'm aware of the area you are in. It's beautiful up there. I envy you.
I lived just south of Seattle for 22 years. The happiest time in my life.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Dr. Bill
Bring your new bride and make it a honeymoon trip
Separate bedroom, bath. You will need long sleeves, light jackets, lined jeans
Olympic National Park, Hurricane ridge has more visitors than most other parks
Lake Cresent a ten minute drive and the beach is a ten minute walk down, fifteen back. Steep hill on the return
Fishing hunting are both huge here
Native guides for both mandatory
Don’t get too close to the Engins, they will scalp you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I live in Port Angeles next to the mouth of the Elwha River
I played in a tournament there, best guess 1979. Drove my 750 Honda from Belmont Shores CA to there, that's a long way....one way, it felt like 1,000 miles even now :). Mike Massey was there....he would break out his guitar after hours and play it by the hotel pool. Not sure the time of yr it was, but one things for sure, every rest stop off the interstate had tons of Fresh Wild blackberries, they were in season.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I was in the window installation for 30 yrs,you did a great job.Who manufactured those beauties?
They are Anderson Woodwright 400 series. I was planning to use Marvin Integrity, but the standard sizes were not a good fit compared to the original windows (which I think were Norco). I have always liked Marvin more, and Anderson not so much, but these are pretty nice, and the sizes were within 1/4" of what we had, so on the inside of the house I was able to carefully remove and 100% re-install all the original inside trim. The outside had to be completely re-trimmed, because the old windows had finger jointed wood trim that was a problem. Our siding actual wood clapboards, and it had to get cut back just a little to accommodate the new trim. It came out pretty good though, but I have a whole lot of caulking and paint still left to do... :oops:

PS if I had thought about it I could probably have bought the new windows from Mike Dechaine, the pool pro, because he is an Anderson "Revision" salesman these days :)

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
One resource people may not know about is Hoopla for ebooks and streaming movies from your local library. Easy to sign up or, free, and my library has a ton of movies.

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
They are Anderson Woodwright 400 series. I was planning to use Marvin Integrity, but the standard sizes were not a good fit compared to the original windows (which I think were Norco). I have always liked Marvin more, and Anderson not so much, but these are pretty nice, and the sizes were within 1/4" of what we had, so on the inside of the house I was able to carefully remove and 100% re-install all the original inside trim. The outside had to be completely re-trimmed, because the old windows had finger jointed wood trim that was a problem. Our siding actual wood clapboards, and it had to get cut back just a little to accommodate the new trim. It came out pretty good though, but I have a whole lot of caulking and paint still left to do... :oops:

PS if I had thought about it I could probably have bought the new windows from Mike Dechaine, the pool pro, because he is an Anderson "Revision" salesman these days :)
I used to cap the exterior in special bent aluminum,then caulk with
silicone. It was a great business and I miss it.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Any

Anyone heading this way should give me a call. I am ten minutes from the entrance to the park either way. Hurricane ridge is almost as attractive as Yosemite, almost.

i certainly would have reached out had I known you lived in PA.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Here's another project I been working on for the past couple of weeks. Did a little research. Ordered materials from Cue Components and set up my personal lathe and had at it. The lathe is my variable speed electric drill mounted on a bench vice. The other end is a wood block with a few holes to be able to spin shafts and a slot to hold the butt pin to be able to spin the butt.

Lots of sanding and the finish is Cue components special odorless thin "gold cyanoacrylate" (super glue). Lots of trepidation about applying a super glue finish, but I finally decided how hard could it be. :unsure: :rolleyes: Watched a few good instructional videos on you tube, also bought a set of wet sanding micro pads which were great. These gave an incredibly slick smooth glass finish.

The wrapless cue is a Captain Bob Manzino, that Bob made for me in 1995, one of his first 3-4 cues he made. Today Bob is a very accomplished high quality cue maker who has won a few top awards a cue shows like in Las vegas. His cues can go as high as $ 10, 20, 30 g's to collectors. Course mine was no where near to any of that, lucky me.:giggle:

The wrapped cue is a 1920 vintage brunswick titleist conversion done by Wayne Fincher in Seattle that I picked up a couple of years ago. Came with three new shafts, all white is ivory. The piece on the lathe is one of two mid extensions that I sometimes use, and I was fitting them to each cue as well as finishing them also.

I was pretty pleased at how these came out, each has about 18-20 coats of finish, and surprised at how easy this actually was to
do.IMG_20200426_152511.jpgScreenshot 2019-04-10 at 18.00.33.pngScreenshot 2019-04-10 at 17.58.33.png

Last edited: