what would you do

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AYGQ4BWRs2PIGm3QaEd4RaMb4UWPL4UAsU4UXxR4VWRs1VGSl4VBUk4VAEB2kIGm2kEkC3kATK2kHpj2kHpn2qNbO&ZZ2rHOFEnter_Text_Here&ZZ1sCYFshooter_has_pocket_b_and_needs_one_ball_this_is_what_I_did_&ZZ@

[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Nevada Earthquake?

Nevada Earthquake?

I just felt the house shaking. Women were pulling kids off the sidewalk. Buildings were losing pieces of brick. I turned on the radio. It said there was an earthquake of a 7.8 magnitude that struck with it's epicenter in Las Vegas. Tremblors were felt as far away as Florida and Maine.

I rushed to the computer to get more info and now I see what happened. Artie posted a WEI table.

Congrats Artie. I don't know how Bill got you to do it. But I'm glad he did. A little fine-tuning and you'll be WEI'ing along like a pro.

Again, good job Artie.

Lightning

wincardona

Verified Member
slight adjustment

slight adjustment

Artie Bodendorfer said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AYGQ4BWRs2PIGm3QaEd4RaMb4UWPL4UAsU4UXxR4VWRs1VGSl4VBUk4VAEB2kIGm2kEkC3kATK2kHpj2kHpn2qNbO&ZZ2rHOFEnter_Text_Here&ZZ1sCYFshooter_has_pocket_b_and_needs_one_ball_this_is_what_I_did_&ZZ@

[/CUETABLE]
This was Arties first attempt at the wei table. The shot is supposed to be a very common situation, where there are 2 balls on the foot spot and the shooter needs only one of them.The cue ball is positioned to the right of the head string, and then will be drawed (if that's a word) back down table to the head rail. The 1 ball will be forced toward his pocket, and the 2 ball will travel 2 cushions toward his hole. Do you agree or disagree with his choice??

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
wincardona said:
This was Arties first attempt at the wei table. The shot is supposed to be a very common situation, where there are 2 balls on the foot spot and the shooter needs only one of them.The cue ball is positioned to the right of the head string, and then will be drawed (if that's a word) back down table to the head rail. The 1 ball will be forced toward his pocket, and the 2 ball will travel 2 cushions toward his hole. Do you agree or disagree with his choice??

I don't like it if the shooter only needs one ball. But I do shoot that shot when it lays correctly and I need more than one. If the table position allows it.

wincardona

Verified Member
Arties shot

Arties shot

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALV4BATm2PEkU3Qcpt4Rcpp4UALV4UATV4UAcR4UbCe4VATm4VDhl1VNUq4VXoU2kEkU4kADK2kKbY2kKbY2kKbf2qQMO&ZZ2rGhF&ZZ1sCYF&ZZ@

[/CUETABLE]

I always shoot this shot, needing both balls and also needing only 1 ball. This shot is to strong for me to pass up at this juncture. But then again there are many players that will play ball position rather than go for the win.

lll

Verified Member
wincardona said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALV4BATm2PEkU3Qcpt4Rcpp4UALV4UATV4UAcR4UbCe4VATm4VDhl1VNUq4VXoU2kEkU4kADK2kKbY2kKbY2kKbf2qQMO&ZZ2rGhF&ZZ1sCYF&ZZ@

[/CUETABLE]

I always shoot this shot, needing both balls and also needing only 1 ball. This shot is to strong for me to pass up at this juncture. But then again there are many players that will play ball position rather than go for the win.
if you were going to go for position what do you shoot?

CaliRed

Verified Member
wincardona said:
If I remember right, this shot came up with Fast Lenny's stream of Scott Frost last weekend. I was watching to see if he would do that, as I was under the impression that is a popular choice to shoot at. But he didn't. I'll have to go find it and check it out... I'll post what he did.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From what is drawn I would shoot the shot like Artie ans Billy say. Even if they were lined up straight in line on the spot its a good shot from that angle. but what would you shoot if the CB were on the other side of the table?---Smitty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
If I remember right, this shot came up with Fast Lenny's stream of Scott Frost last weekend. I was watching to see if he would do that, as I was under the impression that is a popular choice to shoot at. But he didn't. I'll have to go find it and check it out... I'll post what he did.
This is what Scott did, and its a lot easier to judge the speed and the angle. It is actually a good way to shoot this shot, with a good chance of making the back ball, and a good chance of sewing the guy up on it with the head ball, if you hang it or get it close. Its a natural 3 rail safety. All you have to do is make a good hit (near full) slightly on the right side of the head ball. the throw is natural to 2-rail the back ball.

Either one can work, but myself, I've played it this way, more than I've drawn it trying to make the head ball.

I always felt more in control.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa4IATr1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dDAi1dNUl4dXgr1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kVbT@

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
This is what Scott did, and its a lot easier to judge the speed and the angle. It is actually a good way to shoot this shot, with a good chance of making the back ball, and a good chance of sewing the guy up on it with the head ball, if you hang it or get it close. Its a natural 3 rail safety. All you have to do is make a good hit (near full) slightly on the right side of the head ball. the throw is natural to 2-rail the back ball.

Either one can work, but myself, I've played it this way, more than I've drawn it trying to make the head ball.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa4IATr1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dDAi1dNUl4dXgr1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kVbT@
So you would feel more comfortable shooting this, then with doing the draw shot back to the head, with one of the balls going directly to your pocket and the other banking up and down towards it?

I haven't seen the one you are shooting before, so I was curious. I had seen the other one and have shot it many times, but I will have to check this one out.

Ahhh... that's what is great about this forum... you learn something everyday to better your game. (at least us "Joes" do:) )

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
So you would feel more comfortable shooting this, then with doing the draw shot back to the head, with one of the balls going directly to your pocket and the other banking up and down towards it?

I haven't seen the one you are shooting before, so I was curious. I had seen the other one and have shot it many times, but I will have to check this one out.

Ahhh... that's what is great about this forum... you learn something everyday to better your game. (at least us "Joes" do:) )
Red'

Lenny has the archive up. I believe the shot comes up in the second set with Mitch. Cannot recall the ball score at that point, I think Scott needed one. ( a few other balls were out of play)

Depending on my mood,(and who I was playing) if I needed both balls, I would probably go for the Okey-Doke.

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
Good shot there Dick. That's definitely Cliff's preference in this situation. Personally, if I'm on the home court, I prefer drawing the ball.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa4IATr1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dDAi1dNUl4dXgr1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kVbT@[/CUETABLE]

androd

Verified Member
CaliRed said:

CaliRed, this is a good shot, but takes some experimenting to find where to put the CB, as there is a kiss with the front ball and the CB near the 2nd diamond on the 3rd. rail. Cliff shot this against me several times with great sucess. I first saw this shot in the 60's by a player named MacDonald, but never got comfortable that I would miss the kiss. Everyone,pretty much shoots this shot but me, but I never shoot it, just play safe. See page #2
Rod.[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATq4IALY1PFab4WATq4WBdp1WLxp4WbCh4dALY4dWXX4dWXX1kFab3kAkR3kbyi3kTIr4kcVE2kRTH@4CATq4IATa2PFyY4WATq4WCSv1WMjh4dATa4dWWk2kFyY3kAcR3kJtM@[/CUETABLE]

Dudley

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:

Lately I've shot it this way when the situation was right (page 1) but I've also been having a problem with the back ball banking 1 rail in the wrong corner. :mad: (page 2).

Not sure what the best way to adjust for this is. I'm just suprised that I've been transfering that much spin to the back ball. Maybe I'm using too much left english. :confused:

Dudley

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa2HQtp4IATr2NPgE1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dDAi1dNUl4dXgr1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kbRB2kWqr@[/CUETABLE]

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa4IATr1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dEfk1dcxq1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kVbT@[/CUETABLE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dudley said:
Lately I've shot it this way when the situation was right (page 1) but I've also been having a problem with the back ball banking 1 rail in the wrong corner. :mad: (page 2).

Not sure what the best way to adjust for this is. I'm just suprised that I've been transfering that much spin to the back ball. Maybe I'm using too much left english. :confused:

Dudley

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa2HQtp4IATr2NPgE1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dDAi1dNUl4dXgr1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kbRB2kWqr@[/CUETABLE]

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATa4IATr1PHVg4Qdnw4WATa4WQTw4dATr4dEfk1dcxq1kGga1kHVb4kATJ3kALK3kbic3kSCo4kbwG2kVbT@[/CUETABLE]
Dudley,

If you are getting that much throw on the back ball, you are hitting the head ball way too thin. You need to hit the head ball much fuller, about like you would if you were playing to draw the cue ball.

With a hit like you are describing, you would almost certainly cause the head ball to cross over to his side of the table for a possible sell-out, and would greatly increase your chance for the kiss Rodney's so paranoid over. (it ain't there Rod, unless you really hit it bad)

Dudley

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Dudley,

If you are getting that much throw on the back ball, you are hitting the head ball way too thin. You need to hit the head ball much fuller, about like you would if you were playing to draw the cue ball.

With a hit like you are describing, you would almost certainly cause the head ball to cross over to his side of the table for a possible sell-out, and would greatly increase your chance for the kiss Rodney's so paranoid over. (it ain't there Rod, unless you really hit it bad)
Thanks SJD,

I'll see if I can figure out the correct spot to hit on the head ball. Makes perfect sense what you've said. Now that I recall my shot I do believe I did kiss the head ball with the cue ball as it came around the table (because I hit it too thin). This is pretty demonstrative of how important experience is in shooting all the shots in your arsenal. Just knowing a bunch of shots without "mastering" them isn't always an advantage. It'll just get you into trouble. :)

Dud

hoping to master what I've learned

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
I don't see any need to put three balls moving around and up & down the table IF I only need one ball. I agree with Rod's shot here. This is all I would do or have ever done needing one from here.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATq4IATa2PFyY4WATq4WCSv1WMjh4dATa4dWWk2kFyY3kAcR3kJtM@[/CUETABLE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
I don't see any need to put three balls moving around and up & down the table IF I only need one ball. I agree with Rod's shot here. This is all I would do or have ever done needing one from here.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4CATq4IATa2PFyY4WATq4WCSv1WMjh4dATa4dWWk2kFyY3kAcR3kJtM@[/CUETABLE]
SISSY SHOT, SISSY SHOT !!:eek: (however, sissie's tend to maintain cash flow, better than us gofer's)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
wincardona said:
That's a great shot if the shooter needs both balls, AND if the cloth is new or in real good shape. On an old cloth, you'd have to have a stroke like John Schmidt's in order to draw the CB all the way back up table. Otherwise I'd use the conventional safety, as Rod illustrated.

I'll have to try Dick's shot. There could be a situation where that shot could come in handy.

Doc