What would you do?

jrhendy

Verified Member
My shot, 4 balls in front my opponent's pocket! He's got one down already.

No time to pussyfoot around. Jack up a bit and shoot the three to the middle of the pocket, HARD and draw the cue ball back to the end rail, hopefully hiding any balls hanging around the hole with the stack.

You should get enough movement on the balls to get something over on your side.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
What would you do?

The only other shot I see is to draw off the 12 and sink the 2 but that's a tough shot and your still in terrible shape once he goes uptable off the 8. So yep. I agree with Hendy. It's time for the Miami Waffle.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
My shot, 4 balls in front my opponent's pocket! He's got one down already.
Not pretty. Draw off the 12 into the 2, making it, and leave the cue ball there behind the other 3 balls. The 12 and 8 will both go to your side.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
With how the balls lay... the best thing you should do is..... look for an easier opponent:D'
'
have a nice day:)

NH Steve

Administrator
Another possibility might be to kick side rail first at the back of the 15 with top-spin, which should reverse and carry the cue ball into the 2-ball and/or 7-ball. You could get lucky and get out of the trap -- but you could also fail, lol. I am pretty sure that is what I would try though, given the options.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I might try to kick one rail under the 3 ball off the other side rail using a draw stroke and really applying some mustard to it. Good things could happen if you get a little lucky, and you will need some luck to get outta dis!

Efren would kick the 15 in with high English there by drawing off of it and making the 2 ball and getting shape on the 3!
Routine shot for the magician!

Oops, sorry Steve, didn't see your post, good eye!

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
I'd also shoot the twelve, but with allot draw, carom off the stripe kicking it away towards my hole and make the two.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'd also shoot the twelve, but with allot draw, carom off the stripe kicking it away towards my hole and make the two.
Agreed, this is a desperate situation and it calls for extreme movement of balls to survive. If it works, you might still win the game. If it fails, you were long odds to win this game anyway.

I hope this position arose from him breaking...otherwise you're being outplayed.

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot the 15 missing the 3 into the right side of the seven.
Use extreme force follow to keep the cue ball near the pocket.

The 2 should go in and the other balls clear.

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
There have been a lot of good suggestions here but one that hasn't been mentioned yet. This is a routine shot that we all have shot before with results.:confused::) Two rail the 8ball hit the side rail with whitey and carom off the 12ball sending the cue ball down beside the 3 and 15ball for position. :D Any questions? :heh I didn't think so. Maybe a settlement could be your best option.:)

Dr. Bill

1pwannabe

Verified Member
There have been a lot of good suggestions here but one that hasn't been mentioned yet. This is a routine shot that we all have shot before with results.:confused::) Two rail the 8ball hit the side rail with whitey and carom off the 12ball sending the cue ball down beside the 3 and 15ball for position. :D Any questions? :heh I didn't think so. Maybe a settlement could be your best option.:)

Dr. Bill
Can he see the left side of the 8-ball? I can't tell from the pics.

LSJohn

Verified Member
No time to pussyfoot around. Jack up a bit and shoot the three to the middle of the pocket, HARD and draw the cue ball back to the end rail, hopefully hiding any balls hanging around the hole with the stack.

You should get enough movement on the balls to get something over on your side.
I was thinking to hit the 3 a little thinner than that with about 2:30 to kick the 15 out. That might make the 2 and clear the others, leaving CB near his pocket.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member

Dr. Bill
Now there's a vivid imagination! I love it but...... How 'bout thirteen into the four caroming it off the ten and into your cup!

Umm! Will ya settle for half and take the break in the next game?

Tom

bstroud

Verified Member
I am not leaving the balls near his pocket no matter what.
You can never just give up!

The best option here is to shoot hard.

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
Shoot hard let'em roll, smile shrug your shoulders and Rack'em up.

baby huey

Verified Member
Hit the three on its top side, hopefully making both balls in his pocket and use high right english to catch the stripe ball with the cue ball after striking the rail to push it uptable.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Agreed, this is a desperate situation and it calls for extreme movement of balls to survive. If it works, you might still win the game. If it fails, you were long odds to win this game anyway.

I hope this position arose from him breaking...otherwise you're being outplayed.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. If I could reach it, I think I would elevate the butt of my cue and fire the 15 ball at the edge of the 2 ball while hopping the cue ball. 2 ball goes in the hole, 15 goes off the table, cue ball hops and lands between the 3 and 7. Seven goes in and 3 goes away. Sounds a little crazy, but I think it could actually work. But that's if I can reach it, and I don't think I can.

I would also look at the kick/tickie under the 3-ball and hope to drop the 2 and 7.

But drawing off the 12 and into the 2 might be the best chance of escaping. That would also clear the 8 and 12 away from his hole. So if I blow it, then I might end up only down 5 or 6 to zero.

sheldon

Verified Member
I would also look at the kick/tickie under the 3-ball and hope to drop the 2 and 7.
That's the shot I went with. And that's pretty much exactly what happened. The cue ball stayed there, and except for him having 3 balls down, I was pretty much out of the trap.

Attachments