What would you do Sambajon ?

lll

Verified Member
ghost
wish you a continuing speedy recovery:D
save your money for a while till you can spend some time on the table:) :rolleyes:
jk

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Pretty good roll, but for the spot he was in, very imaginative...and a little lucky...:cool:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
lll said:
Rod, you cannot be serious
or are you????? :eek: :eek: :)
Larry, if I would shoot it, then you can be sure that 'gofer-Rod' would shoot it...:)...

...all kidding aside now...if I couldn't get out of the trap without shooting a low-percentage-to-execute safety, or a safety where he would be able to re-trap me worse on his next shot, then I would shoot the carom - it's pretty makeable...

...plus it's interesting how many times it happens where you decide to take a chance and shoot a shot like the carom, you miss it, you knock all the balls all over the place - and you come out safe...sometimes when that happens where you end up safe, I think the Billiard Gods were watching and decided to reward you with a little jelly, for having the cojones to try the shot...;)

- Ghost

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Piece a cake...I'da just thin-sliced the 14 ball, caroming it thin off of the ball closest to Santos's pocket, made it into my hole - and then run out...:cool:

- Ghost
Sounds like I'm going to need a couple of balls.

petie

Verified Member
If I shoot this shot, which I didn't even see until Ghostie posted it, I'm hitting it hard enough and with enough english to put it up behind the brown solid just above second diamond level on his side. Maybe I won't be running out if I make it but he won't be if I miss.

jay helfert

Verified Member
petie said:
I'm going to look at going off the 8 softly so as to keep it on my side but, most importantly, try to get whitie on the headrail on my side of the table.
I like this shot also.

Dudley

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Larry, if I would shoot it, then you can be sure that 'gofer-Rod' would shoot it...:)...

...all kidding aside now...if I couldn't get out of the trap without shooting a low-percentage-to-execute safety, or a safety where he would be able to re-trap me worse on his next shot, then I would shoot the carom - it's pretty makeable...

...plus it's interesting how many times it happens where you decide to take a chance and shoot a shot like the carom, you miss it, you knock all the balls all over the place - and you come out safe...sometimes when that happens where you end up safe, I think the Billiard Gods were watching and decided to reward you with a little jelly, for having the cojones to try the shot...;)

- Ghost

Yeah,

Even the "lock down" ghroast will take a swing at an aggressive shot in the right situation....:eek:

I think I rely on the pool gods to help me a little to often--> but it sure is fun when I get there. :)

Good to have you posting again buddy!

Dud

wincardona

Verified Member
Sambajon's shot was risky with little reward. I agree with Dick when he said creative but a little lucky to end up where he did. Plus he opened up balls that wouldn't go in Cliff's pocket but would after his shot. Can you imagine what opportunities Cliff would of had if Sambajon 's cue ball would of ended up in quite a few other positions?

I kinda like doing something simple from there, like thinning either the 8 or 9 balls and getting as close as possible to the head rail with the cue ball. Chances are fairly good you will be in a better position to negotiate the next time back at the table.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
I missed you when you were gone, glad to see your doing better. I was surprised when you came with your carom shot after just getting released from the hospital:eek: Your supposed to take it easy and rest and not be as overly aggressive as your shot selection suggested your mindset might be.:D

Dr. Bill

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
I would have taken a scratch by shooting the cue ball off the rail and behind the solid by his pocket.