What would be the rule in this situation

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Did the other guy have to play with half a cue ball. I had better take a shower, something smells fishy.:cool:

Could be, I wasn't there (a bit before my time). I got the story from a geezer named Billie** Holiday who heard it from the shooter (Harry Hart) who was recounting a match he played against Frank Taberski.

**ETA: NOT Billie---should have said Johnny Holiday.

Last edited:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Lenny,

Your loyal fans "need you" for some they look forward to this all month long. We are going to put the Bernie P rule into effect and limit matches to two hours. In addition we now have the Gus B rule which is one 5 min break per match and the finals will now be one race to 3 instead of 2 races to 2. You can make it pal. We believe in you.

Everybody found issue with his foul call on Saturday night , I missed the shot (didnt see it) what he claiming that the object ball was moved prior to the cue ball being struck in two motions on the same shot and the path of the cueball was affected?
... i dont know the guy but i wonder if this was his concern or question.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Tom Holiday

Tom Holiday

Could be, I wasn't there (a bit before my time). I got the story from a geezer named Billie** Holiday who heard it from the shooter (Harry Hart) who was recounting a match he played against Frank Taberski.

**ETA: NOT Billie---should have said Johnny Holiday.

I knew Tommy Holiday, nickname Staten Island. Good player, chain smoker.

Beard

PreacherRonn

Verified Member
From
Mesa, AZ
Well, I thought I'd wait until we got a good number of responses before I wrote what the outcome was. First of all I didn't know the rule and secondly it was a cash game. My opponent declared a foul because I hit no ball. At first he tried to keep the ball that fell in his hole. I couldn't go along with that since he was calling a foul and I argued that if it was a foul than his ball should at least spot. In short, we spotted his ball I took a foul and spotted one, he shot from there.

After a thorough examination I believe that the proper thing to do would be to replace both the fallen object ball and cue ball and shoot over. Of course you have to be playing a friendly guy for that. Thx for your comments.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
After a thorough examination I believe that the proper thing to do would be to replace both the fallen object ball and cue ball and shoot over. Of course you have to be playing a friendly guy for that. Thx for your comments.

PR,

All knowledgeable players would tell you that the object ball & cueball get replaced and you shoot again, no foul or any other strange thing occurs here. Whether you are playing a friendly guy or not that is the gambling rule.

P.S. I've only seen it happen twice, Cornbread ruled on the first one when he was asked. It was a 9-Ball game with the 9 hanging in the corner and the guy shot and the 9 fell in and the shooter scratched. None of us knew the rule back then.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im sorry to carry out this question on the rule
but
what if you hit some balls to your side and played to make his ball but you scratched because the ball wasnt there??
now there are many balls to relocate??

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
im sorry to carry out this question on the rule
but
what if you hit some balls to your side and played to make his ball but you scratched because the ball wasnt there??
now there are many balls to relocate??

I'm glad you brought that up Larry, here's exactly what happens in that spot: First you x$cp@e*tk the balls where they were and then you wk?hl&dp!ys the cueball where it was and then you klwopske the object balls and then you ricxzlpslwewm the rest of the balls and there you have it, the perfect solution to your zqpockeiuyn question:p.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm glad you brought that up Larry, here's exactly what happens in that spot: First you x$cp@e*tk the balls where they were and then you wk?hl&dp!ys the cueball where it was and then you klwopske the object balls and then you ricxzlpslwewm the rest of the balls and there you have it, the perfect solution to your zqpockeiuyn question:p.

Dennis

thanks dennis
that was clear
:D