What what you do? Ghost vs Ike - 2011 DCC

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
1st game, race to 3. Ike scratched on the break, then Ghost took a ball out by Ike's hole, now it's Ike's shot. Sorry there's no other angle, only 1 camera:) I zoomed in on the 2nd pic, it's the same screen grab as the 1st one.
Ghost Ike Runnels1.jpg

Ghost Ike Runnels2.jpg

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
1st game, race to 3. Ike scratched on the break, then Ghost took a ball out by Ike's hole, now it's Ike's shot. Sorry there's no other angle, only 1 camera:) I zoomed in on the 2nd pic, it's the same screen grab as the 1st one.
View attachment 2818

View attachment 2819[/QUOTE

I hope for the Goast sake Ike cant bank the 8 ball. But he has a bank on the 9 ball too.

I dont like the goasts position.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I hope for the Goast sake Ike cant bank the 8 ball. But he has a bank on the 9 ball too.

I dont like the goasts position.

I don't like it either..:eek:...if I was Ike I'd bank that 1ball straight back, pocket speed, and float the cueball down to the bottom rail - cuz I know the Ghost can't make that 6ball...:D

- Goast

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I don't like it either..:eek:...if I was Ike I'd bank that 1ball straight back, pocket speed, and float the cueball down to the bottom rail - cuz I know the Ghost can't make that 6ball...:D

- Goast

That or dead float on the 13 bringing it down by the 1 and leaving the cb frozen in the stack ... depends upon alignment of balls in the stack however.

wHETHER OR NOT THE gHOST CAN OR CANNOT MAKE THE 6 (dang capslock!!) is not the question .... what angle one wishes to leave him in playing the 1 is the question ...

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
That or dead float on the 13 bringing it down by the 1 and leaving the cb frozen in the stack ... depends upon alignment of balls in the stack however.

wHETHER OR NOT THE gHOST CAN OR CANNOT MAKE THE 6 (dang capslock!!) is not the question .... what angle one wishes to leave him in playing the 1 is the question ...

Ike can forze bank the 1 ball or 9 ball and get behind the stack and if he makes the bank he can run out.

And If he misses the goast has nothing. And Ike is pretty close too even money to make the bank.

And he is looking at 8 and out. Or he can bank the ball and leave him down the end rail.

The goast is not a favorite too win this game. But The goast knowes what happened.

Thats how his mind works. And I would bet he rememberswhat happened.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Ike can forze bank the 1 ball or 9 ball and get behind the stack and if he makes the bank he can run out.

And If he misses the goast has nothing. And Ike is pretty close too even money to make the bank.

And he is looking at 8 and out. Or he can bank the ball and leave him down the end rail.

The goast is not a favorite too win this game. But The goast knowes what happened.

Thats how his mind works. And I would bet he rememberswhat happened.

If Ike has enough angle on the 1 ball to play position that's what I would do opposed to playing the cue ball down table. His upside is too inducing for me to play it the other way considering how the balls are positioned. I would stay high on playing position on the 9 ball, that way I wont sell out a return bank on the 15 ball.

Billy I.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If Ike banks at the 1 and draws the cue but misses, it also looks like the 15 banks cleanly into Ghost's pocket, so I don't think the 1 ball is "free".

edit -- what he said :)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think he has to bank the 1 ball, pocket speed, to make it, but there's not enough angle to play position for another shot at his pocket. But if he does make it, he will have a lovely 6 ball bank into the stack, and good options where to go with the CB. But if he misses the shot, the Ghost will make him sorry.

He can bank the 8 or 11 toward the stack and fall safely down behind the 9. Safer, but less aggressive.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
If Ike has enough angle on the 1 ball to play position that's what I would do opposed to playing the cue ball down table. His upside is too inducing for me to play it the other way considering how the balls are positioned. I would stay high on playing position on the 9 ball, that way I wont sell out a return bank on the 15 ball.

Billy I.
billy is this what you are talking about??
ig1.jpg
if it is
the 1 would have to be hit with some force to get the q to travel that far. yes? so if he misses it wont be super close to the pocket.
doesnt that leave ghost with several possible return shots to maybe turn the break around??

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
billy is this what you are talking about??

if it is
the 1 would have to be hit with some force to get the q to travel that far. yes? so if he misses it wont be super close to the pocket.
doesnt that leave ghost with several possible return shots to maybe turn the break around??

Larry.
I think this is what he meant. Stiff the bank and move the CB over a bit.
All these guys have been getting the 13 ball and the 9 ball confused.:)
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
androd said:
Larry.
Rod.
that makes more scence
thanks rod:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Goast

I agree. You would have to put a gun to my head, to keep me from banking the one ball...You have to guard against hitting it a little bad, and scratching in the LH pocket...I don't think anybody, even Earl, would shoot at the 6 from the end rail. The only other shot I like, is banking the 8 ball into the stack, firm, and try and put the Ghost behind the 9 ball..Some risk involved there, but if you get him behind the 9..its game over !...:cool:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
if you get him behind the 9..its game over !...:cool:

Papie....thanks for having such confidence in me..:rolleyes:...that's it - one wing shot/bullet/flesh wound to the Ghost's shoulder and he's done for :(...

Are you saying that the Ghost doesn't have the 'seasoning' and the 'mental strength' :D to grind his way back from a 5-0 or 6-0 deficit against Ike?...

O yee of little faith...:)

- Ghroasty

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Larry.
Rod.

Almost, I think that you traveled about 4" too far to the left with your arrow tip.:D
I'm not giving up a bank on the 15 ball if I miss.

Billy I.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
I agree. You would have to put a gun to my head, to keep me from banking the one ball...You have to guard against hitting it a little bad, and scratching in the LH pocket...I don't think anybody, even Earl, would shoot at the 6 from the end rail. The only other shot I like, is banking the 8 ball into the stack, firm, and try and put the Ghost behind the 9 ball..Some risk involved there, but if you get him behind the 9..its game over !...:cool:

Well.... Dick came closest! I included the shot Ike took, the shot Ghost took and the return of that shot from Ike. Feel free to click the 480p to make it 720p for some more clarity. Feel free to discuss Ike's shot, Ghost's next shot and Ike's return.

ikefinalshot.jpg

"><iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4bKuecXR4oU?rel=0&hd=1" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="510" width="853"></iframe>

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
Well.... Dick came closest! I included the shot Ike took, the shot Ghost took and the return of that shot from Ike. Feel free to click the 480p to make it 720p for some more clarity. Feel free to discuss Ike's shot, Ghost's next shot and Ike's return.

View attachment 2833

"><iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4bKuecXR4oU?rel=0&hd=1" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="510" width="853"></iframe>

This is a shot for tom teriffic. Or the great Goast. Oh I forgot its his shot anyway.

Take your time her Goast and dont rush into anything. One mistake her its Katie by the door.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
This is a shot for tom teriffic. Or the great Goast. Oh I forgot its his shot anyway.

Take your time her Goast and dont rush into anything. One mistake her its Katie by the door.

Amazingly enough, as bad as those balls are laying for me, I had a decent chance here - except that I'm jacked up on the rail...as long as I can stop my rock accurately while jacked up, I can safely shoot the 14 ball cross-corner, and have position on the 7ball if I can make the bank...I almost did all of that, but not quite...:(

- Ghost

PS, Looking at it again, I remember now that I considered rolling the bank in instead, which would have given me a much higher percentage in making the bank, and cueball off of the 13 for probable shape on the 3ball next - but I would have had to give up the safety, and bet the game on making the bank - it was a tough choice....which choice do all of you guys like?

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

You cant kick at the ball by Iks pocket. So I would have too cut the one ball cross side and leave Ike on the end rail doubled up.

you win a Ghoast cuepie doll for trying and better luck next time.

But its not too good too just sell out. Your not that kind off player. Goasts move around. They dont let you see them.

Go too your strength when in trouble. Moving thats your strength.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You cant kick at the ball by Iks pocket. So I would have too cut the one ball cross side and leave Ike on the end rail doubled up.

you win a Ghoast cuepie doll for trying and better luck next time.

But its not too good too just sell out. Your not that kind off player. Goasts move around. They dont let you see them.

Go too your strength when in trouble. Moving thats your strength.

Did you watch the video :confused: I had a cross-corner bank.

- Ghoast

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Did you watch the video :confused: I had a cross-corner bank.

- Ghoast

I sense that your under some sort of duress and need comforting.( something that you failed to offer me in the past) And you need some reassurance that you shot a good shot. (been there done that) Luckily for you that I took my meds and am having a moment of clarity, and as much as I don't want to say this but I feel it's my duty as a onepocketeer to come to the aid of a fellow onepocketeer in a moment of duress. For what it's worth imo (where in the past you failed to recognize) that you by accident shot a very good shot. Your choice gave you a chance to get completely out of the trap at least 35% of the time and become a favorite with no risk (providing you execute) From where you left the cue ball Ike really can't improve his position, and if neccessary you can shoot Arties shot at a later time, but your shot was the shot that I would of shot without hesitation.

I don't like shooting off the 1 ball for this reason. You leave the cross bank on the 6 ball with an angle to go back up table and put you in trouble and that's not something I would want to do because your not helping yourself
with that shot. Your in a sense prolonging the inevitable. Plus the angle that I see on the 1 ball is not a very good one to shoot off of. It looks like it's going to go long with the cue ball, and you can't afford that to happen.(sorry Artie)

Lets see how the game progresses from this position. So far you look like The Ghost.

Billy I.

Last edited: