What we really think

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dick and fred
have your feud
fight to the death
just do it in the mebers section and dont hijack threads in the one pocket forum:eek:
you guys have ALOT to offer to us
just teach us here and feud over there:)
is that too much to ask for:confused:
larry

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
One thing I learned in pool, that has helped me in life, business, girls, etc. is this:

If you aint involved in a beef, action, or a game. Keep your nose out of things.

With that in mind, I dont know or care about other peoples beef, game or chick.

respectfully,

Eric

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fatboy said:
One thing I learned in pool, that has helped me in life, business, girls, etc. is this:

If you aint involved in a beef, action, or a game. Keep your nose out of things.

With that in mind, I dont know or care about other peoples beef, game or chick.

respectfully,

Eric
good advice to live by:)

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
lll said:
good advice to live by:)

so far so good, i hope what ever is wrong works out. I never like to see tension or a beef. But its not my spot to get involved. Infighting in pool is sad, pool has enough problems as it is, then add infighting to it, we all lose a little something. But I suppose thats life.

In a movie there was a good line, the movie was "Glen Gary, Glen Ross" it was about a boiler room, it was kinda realistic. The one line in the movie that I really liked was:

"If you dont know the shot, dont open your mouth"

Or something close to that.

best to everyone,

Eric

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
One of the greatest movies ever, Fatboy. Rule number one. Same as being a lawyer, if you don't already know the answer, then don't ask the question.

TAR had to cancel the Dippy vs Bartrum match, I say lets have a knock down cage match with these two old timers to get it all settled, lol.

Now that would be 15 bucks worth of entertainment.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
lll said:
......why???

They began playing a couple of days before the ppv event, which is a risky thing for a ppv special, needless to say. At some point Chris decided he did not like it anymore and withdrew. I read it at another site which I do not post at and despise, but I still go in there at times to get info and links and such. Now I have to go watch Glen Gary Glen Ross. Eric had to mention it and now I got the ****ing jones on for a Jack Lemon, Pachino and Baldwin fix. What a movie that was. Any grifter that ever took down a decent score can relate to that high that Lemon describes when that couple just wilted and took the pen and signed the contract. And Baldwins' little pep talk to the troops-legendary....Coffee is for closers. ABC-Always Be Closing....

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Jimmy B said:
They began playing a couple of days before the ppv event, which is a risky thing for a ppv special, needless to say. At some point Chris decided he did not like it anymore and withdrew. I read it at another site which I do not post at and despise, but I still go in there at times to get info and links and such. Now I have to go watch Glen Gary Glen Ross. Eric had to mention it and now I got the ****ing jones on for a Jack Lemon, Pachino and Baldwin fix. What a movie that was. Any grifter that ever took down a decent score can relate to that high that Lemon describes when that couple just wilted and took the pen and signed the contract. And Baldwins' little pep talk to the troops-legendary....Coffee is for closers. ABC-Always Be Closing....

ABC I often think of that when I am in the pool room talking with other players. ABC If you think that movie was great, read Jim Thompson books. Very dark characters. Latest movie of his books to come out is THE KILLER INSIDE.
As far as the feud, I had nothing to say about any of it until Fred went off about west coast players and Jon Stewart.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Now just imagine...

Now just imagine...

Scrzbill said:
ABC I often think of that when I am in the pool room talking with other players. ABC If you think that movie was great, read Jim Thompson books. Very dark characters. Latest movie of his books to come out is THE KILLER INSIDE.
As far as the feud, I had nothing to say about any of it until Fred went off about west coast players and Jon Stewart.

...If you lit up just because I made a sarcastic reference to a general category of people -- the West Coasters--people who I obviously harbor no real grievances against -- and a place I spent a few years at, and had a great time -- and a comedian -- with no connection to you whatsoever -- one who makes a living saying the worst possible things about people---

...now just imagine that someone on the site was taking direct shots, insults and character assassinations, at you!

How conciliatory would you be then?

Beard

Plus, aint you a Kentucky boy anyway? I can understand a Ky boy not handling Ky being disparaged. They rile easily down there. I used to go with a girl from just outside Richmond, and up in the hills. She carried a pistol and brass knuckles in her purse. Used to waitress at Monroe Brock's, Maverick Club in Richmond. When I was dating her she was out on bond for shooting her last boy friend. It all happened so long ago that I can even mention her name, Lisa Perez. She was the baddest girl in 3 counties. I did watch what I said around her.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
fred bentivegna said:
...If you lit up just because I made a sarcastic reference to a general category of people -- the West Coasters--people who I obviously harbor no real grievances against -- and a place I spent a few years at, and had a great time -- and a comedian -- with no connection to you whatsoever -- one who makes a living saying the worst possible things about people---

...now just imagine that someone on the site was taking direct shots, insults and character assassinations, at you!

How conciliatory would you be then?

Beard

Plus, aint you a Kentucky boy anyway? I can understand a Ky boy not
handling Ky being disparaged. They rile easily down there. I used to go with
a girl from just outside Richmond, and up in the hills. She carried a pistol and
brass knuckles in her purse. Used to waitress at Monroe Brock's, Maverick
Club in Richmond. When I was dating her she was out on bond for shooting
her last boy friend. It all happened so long ago that I can even mention her
name, Lisa Perez. She was the baddest girl in 3 counties. I did watch what I
said around her.

It didn't sound like a joke. Are you saying all your post with SjD are just a joke? What I say about Ky is that's it's a good place to be from. I enjoy my time when I am there. I get to see old friends and go to restaurants, but that southern drawl and the religious fever they have, I don't miss it at all. Plus the weather where I am now, no toronados, sleet storms, days where the high is eleven. I'll take sunny skies and seventy two every day.

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
dick and fred
have your feud
fight to the death
just do it in the mebers section and dont hijack threads in the one pocket forum:eek:
you guys have ALOT to offer to us
just teach us here and feud over there:)
is that too much to ask for:confused:
larry

Well hell,I'm gonna put my 2c In here to.Yeah why don't ya'll take all that crap over to that other place? When I first started coming here I thought It was a bit funny but then after a while It gets kind old when ya'll start doing It In people's threads.I mean come on,why dont ya'll just quit It and maybe get along or just quit period.Dam
PS: I like both guys and I would like to get you two and me together for a fun night.Hey maybe at the Dcc this year,Yeah! John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
It wasnt a joke...

It wasnt a joke...

Scrzbill said:
It didn't sound like a joke. Are you saying all your post with SjD are just a joke? What I say about Ky is that's it's a good place to be from. I enjoy my time when I am there. I get to see old friends and go to restaurants, but that southern drawl and the religious fever they have, I don't miss it at all. Plus the weather where I am now, no toronados, sleet storms, days where the high is eleven. I'll take sunny skies and seventy two every day.

...it was sarcasm. Sarcasm with a twist of humor. The same thing Jon Stewart gets 5 or 10 million a year to do.

And no, my post's to SJD are not meant to be a joke either. That is pointed sarcasm, with a comedic touch of the highest order.

Beard

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I have been participating on Internet pool forums since late '97. I've seen, written, and learned a lot in that time.

Most certainly there was an extended spell early on, when I was new to the forums, that I was more than happy to involve myself in running gun battles with any number of people on the internet, to the point of even receiving death threats over something I posted online. To me, the arguments, flaming, and well crafted insults were fun and I gained many skills, as applied to forum warfare.

But, like I said, I learned.

It took time, but I finally figured out that the way to win a war with someone is not necessarily by being funnier, quicker, meaner, or even getting the last word in. Sometimes (not always), the way you "win" is by being the better man and walking away.

Like everybody else, something I have discovered is that there are a number of people on the forums whom I cannot abide. The reasons for this generally fall into the categories of: they always need to be right; they're always insulting someone; they always find a way to pick a fight; or they are just plain stupid (this would be, by far, the largest category :) And so, I just filter those people, or ignore anything and everything they write, because I know that responding to them will never lead to anything good.

Which leads me to something else I've figured out: none of us will be around forever. But one thing that will be around loooong into the future is what we post here. And frankly, I don't want to be remembered by the pool community at large for some of the crap I've written in the past. I would prefer to be remembered for some of the better things I've written on the Internet.

So Freddy and Dick: do what you want. Continue bitch slapping each other around in public, if you must. I have no doubt though that sooner or later one, or maybe both or you, will finally wise up and be the better man.

Lou Figueroa

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The better man...

The better man...

lfigueroa said:
I have been participating on Internet pool forums since late '97. I've seen, written, and learned a lot in that time.

Most certainly there was an extended spell early on, when I was new to the forums, that I was more than happy to involve myself in running gun battles with any number of people on the internet, to the point of even receiving death threats over something I posted online. To me, the arguments, flaming, and well crafted insults were fun and I gained many skills, as applied to forum warfare.

It took time, but I finally figured out that the way to win a war with someone is not necessarily by being funnier, quicker, meaner, or even getting the last word in. Sometimes (not always), the way you "win" is by being the better man and walking away.

Like everybody else, something I have discovered is that there are a number of people on the forums whom I cannot abide. The reasons for this generally fall into the categories of: they always need to be right; they're always insulting someone; they always find a way to pick a fight; or they are just plain stupid (this would be, by far, the largest category :) And so, I just filter those people, or ignore anything and everything they write, because I know that responding to them will never lead to anything good.

Which leads me to something else I've figured out: none of us will be around forever. But one thing that will be around loooong into the future is what we post here. And frankly, I don't want to be remembered by the pool community at large for some of the crap I've written in the past. I would prefer to be remembered for some of the better things I've written on the Internet.

So Freddy and Dick: do what you want. Continue bitch slapping each other around in public, if you must. I have no doubt though that sooner or later one, or maybe both or you, will finally wise up and be the better man.

Lou Figueroa

Ok, then that would be me. (or could that line be construed as just another continuation?)

Beard

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
lfigueroa said:

Lou Figueroa

Well said.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
And no, my post's to SJD are not meant to be a joke either. That is pointed sarcasm, with a comedic touch of the highest order.

Beard

Wow!! Who is this fantastically gifted writer and wit to whom you refer? :D

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
fortune

fortune

I have had the good fortune to know a number of folks smarter than myself. One of them once said, "Pay attention: take what you can use and leave the rest.". Another one once observed that a person who could not think 8 shots in advance should take up bowling.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
As if you didnt know

As if you didnt know

vapros said:

Beard

Wow!! Who is this fantastically gifted writer and wit to whom you refer? :D

Moi.

Beard

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
fred bentivegna said:
...it was sarcasm.

Beard

SARCASM, (dictionary.com)
1. Harsh or bitter derision or irony
2. A sharp ironical taunt, Sneering or taunting remark
Sarcasm cannot have a highest order. It is in itself a low form of communication. It is meant to be demeaning and or a derision.
1. Irony, (dictionary.com), A use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of it's literal meaning
2. Socratic irony, See Jon Stewart, comedy central
One pocket.org forum is not the place to have your feud. Go to the members
section. That is what this post is conveying. Read what everyone is saying. Both of you are very knowledgeable in pool. Because SJD lives out here in the best coast and I just happen to be good friends with a good friend of his, I don't like to see him derided. Beard has a lot of friends in the frozen tundra of lake Michigan and they don't want to see him derided. So boys being boys, take it outside, (of the main forum), we're asking nicely this time. Either that or make your peace.
Thanks, Kentucky from Chicago whose heart is in Santa Cruz.:cool: :eek: :D ;)