What we really think

petie

Verified Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
3,314
This thread is started as a place for any and all posters except Dick and Freddie to say what they really think about their destructive and infantile feud. I welcome anyone who cares to really say what you think. I’ll start off by saying what I think.
I think you have two highly knowledgeable legends of the game who could do this board some real good who waste their time and energy acting like 2 year olds trying to get the last word in and that this whole thing was moot long before I ever knew about Onepocket.org and that what they really succeed in doing is to show their own ass. Every word that is posted against the other guy actually reflects on the poster. It does not come across as clever or deserved or anything other than juvenile. You will never have the last word. Just stop it.

Sincerely,

Pete Saxton
 

onepocket926

Verified Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
744
.....just a thought...

.....just a thought...

petie said:
This thread is started as a place for any and all posters except Dick and Freddie to say what they really think about their destructive and infantile feud. I welcome anyone who cares to really say what you think. I’ll start off by saying what I think.
I think you have two highly knowledgeable legends of the game who could do this board some real good who waste their time and energy acting like 2 year olds trying to get the last word in and that this whole thing was moot long before I ever knew about Onepocket.org and that what they really succeed in doing is to show their own ass. Every word that is posted against the other guy actually reflects on the poster. It does not come across as clever or deserved or anything other than juvenile. You will never have the last word. Just stop it.

Sincerely,

Pete Saxton

....Hey Pete,

....my name is Paul,

....although you are correct in what you say....I believe this goes a bit deeper than you might suspect....not to say these two are ....deep...:p ....this feud has to do with...."knocking the action" of the other player....it's been going on since the Paul Newman ran into the Jackie Gleason...and they fought over Tom Cruise when he walked in the room.... I'm afraid it is part of the game....you have to admit it does add a lil' color into a black and white world (some might say a fifth dimension).....these are two of the oldest players in the room (not often I get to be the Kid)....I don't know your age....but if you are a player of yore....you've probably lived the scenario and should take it with a grain of salt....at least they cant bring in guns or wait in the parking lot to club ya for your 3 dollars.....

....just my opinion....

PS
.....I sure hope no one knocks my action...I have a 9 ball match later...I've been robbing the 'ol geezers at the senior centers in town....:D ....trick is to make them put up the cash first...so if they croak during the game...ya get payed without having to go through Probate....
 
Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
6,690
Eureka!

Eureka!

[QUOTE=onepocket926]....Hey Pete,

....my name is Paul,

....although you are correct in what you say....I believe this goes a bit deeper than you might suspect....not to say these two are ....deep...:p ....this feud has to do with...."knocking the action" of the other player....it's been going on since the Paul Newman ran into the Jackie Gleason...and they fought over Tom Cruise when he walked in the room.... I'm afraid it is part of the game....you have to admit it does add a lil' color into a black and white world (some might say a fifth dimension).....these are two of the oldest players in the room (not often I get to be the Kid)....I don't know your age....but if you are a player of yore....you've probably lived the scenario and should take it with a grain of salt....at least they cant bring in guns or wait in the parking lot to club ya for your 3 dollars.....

....just my opinion....


You are the first guy to acknowledge the core problem. That is what it is all about. It has nothing to do with anything I might have said or did to HIM. Nothing. And he aint looking to pull up, as evidenced by this recent post in the members forum.

http://onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=74434&postcount=2

Beard
 

vapros

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
3,732
Petie, this is just an unwelcome part of this forum. Early on, I used to try to figure out which one was right - or the least responsible - but it's obvious now that nobody is right and I really don't care about it.

I still cannot understand why they don't do it by PM. Showing your ass is one thing, but showing it to the public is harder to figure. Don't worry about it. See what can be done about them muslims or something. Be well.
 

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
5,383
petie said:
This thread is started as a place for any and all posters except Dick and Freddie to say what they really think about their destructive and infantile feud. I welcome anyone who cares to really say what you think. I’ll start off by saying what I think.
I think you have two highly knowledgeable legends of the game who could do this board some real good who waste their time and energy acting like 2 year olds trying to get the last word in and that this whole thing was moot long before I ever knew about Onepocket.org and that what they really succeed in doing is to show their own ass. Every word that is posted against the other guy actually reflects on the poster. It does not come across as clever or deserved or anything other than juvenile. You will never have the last word. Just stop it.

Sincerely,

Pete Saxton


I think these two are contributing greatly to the site and I don't feel the need to be critical in any way. They give advice, answer questions, offer shot selections tell anecdotal stories, history etc etc. Maybe they should be left alone before they get too much heat and just leave like Artie. People made rude comments to him about misspelling a word now and then, and posting in the wrong place and guess what? Now he's gone. These guys are not flooding the site with insanity aka Fast Larry Guninger or profanity like some people do, so if Steve or Tom feel the need to issue some directive, they will do so.

Don't It Always Seem To Go, That You Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone
They Paved Paradise, Put Up A Parking Lot........
They Take Old Artie, Put Him In A Pool Museum.
Charge The People-A Hundred And A Half Just To See Him............
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,292
There are no fools like old fools.
Although it's usually about younger women.
Here it's about "paranoia and braggadocio" but who cares ? Not I
One of them is having fun.
The other has already crashed this thread, even after being disinvited.:)
Let'em roll, most of it's fun. :D
Rod.
PS. As to Artie, he doesn't get insulted. Most of them go right over his head. He periodically takes a break.
He'll be back, flowing robes and all.
 

onepocket926

Verified Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
744
...and now the rest of the story.....

...and now the rest of the story.....

Jimmy B said:
I think these two are contributing greatly to the site and I don't feel the need to be critical in any way. They give advice, answer questions, offer shot selections tell anecdotal stories, history etc etc. Maybe they should be left alone before they get too much heat and just leave like Artie. People made rude comments to him about misspelling a word now and then, and posting in the wrong place and guess what? Now he's gone. These guys are not flooding the site with insanity aka Fast Larry Guninger or profanity like some people do, so if Steve or Tom feel the need to issue some directive, they will do so.

Don't It Always Seem To Go, That You Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone
They Paved Paradise, Put Up A Parking Lot........
They Take Old Artie, Put Him In A Pool Museum.
Charge The People-A Hundred And A Half Just To See Him............
...first off I think the rest of that song goes something like this....

I have some brand new roller skates

and My Boyfriend stole....(or maybe it was sold....depends if he was......Pool Player ...or not)......the key

...this is a delicate situation...because there are so many....right answers....like I said earlier it's been going on since "Time Everlasting"...it's not between two people...it's between to two "Players"...each feeling for some reason (only known to the respective participant)....a bit threatened by ...(for the sake of argument I'll call it)....the others "Fame"....not much different than two brothers fighting over the admiration of the Father...(again for the sake of argument...I'll be the Father ;).. )....I'm sure the Wright Bro.'s had their moments too....yet we still got to the Moon...so this was just a long way of saying ...you're right too....:D
 

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
2,425
fred bentivegna said:
[QUOTE=onepocket926]....Hey Pete,

....my name is Paul,

....although you are correct in what you say....I believe this goes a bit deeper than you might suspect....not to say these two are ....deep...:p ....this feud has to do with...."knocking the action" of the other player....it's been going on since the Paul Newman ran into the Jackie Gleason...and they fought over Tom Cruise when he walked in the room.... I'm afraid it is part of the game....you have to admit it does add a lil' color into a black and white world (some might say a fifth dimension).....these are two of the oldest players in the room (not often I get to be the Kid)....I don't know your age....but if you are a player of yore....you've probably lived the scenario and should take it with a grain of salt....at least they cant bring in guns or wait in the parking lot to club ya for your 3 dollars.....

....just my opinion....


You are the first guy to acknowledge the core problem. That is what it is all about. It has nothing to do with anything I might have said or did to HIM. Nothing. And he aint looking to pull up, as evidenced by this recent post in the members forum.

http://onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=74434&postcount=2

Beard
Freddy, you're breaking Petie's rule about you not posting on this thread. Shame on you. Now SJD will have to come on here with a rebuttal.
Personally I don't mind the quibbling. Makes me feel like I'm in the pool room.
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
Jimmy B said:
I think these two are contributing greatly to the site and I don't feel the need to be critical in any way. They give advice, answer questions, offer shot selections tell anecdotal stories, history etc etc. Maybe they should be left alone before they get too much heat and just leave like Artie. People made rude comments to him about misspelling a word now and then, and posting in the wrong place and guess what? Now he's gone. These guys are not flooding the site with insanity aka Fast Larry Guninger or profanity like some people do, so if Steve or Tom feel the need to issue some directive, they will do so.

Don't It Always Seem To Go, That You Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone
They Paved Paradise, Put Up A Parking Lot........
They Take Old Artie, Put Him In A Pool Museum.
Charge The People-A Hundred And A Half Just To See Him............
Please take note, who was the first guy to violate the OP's original request. "This post is for anyone but Freddy and Dick" he said.

Mr. drahwolbdlO, could not maintain his decorum, when he saw the only post thus far, that supported his perception. (which is dead wrong as usual)

I was always under the impression, that Mr_________Had already knocked himself, by posting his OWN B**t L**t....Fortunately (for him) most are either dead, have quit playing pool, or could care less about his latest b***t.

There are only 5 posters that I know of, (who even knew of him), active on this forum. Cardone, AB, Stroud, Androd, and myself... Of those 5...2 are on the L**t, and one loudly declares he shouldn't be....The remaining 3, AB, Androd, and myself, are (quite surpisingly) ...not even on the L**t...:rolleyes:

This presents an accuracy level, of about 20%...factor in senility, dementia, Place of birth, and I'm sure the final %, would be MUCH lower.

Point being...How do you "knock" something, when it appears there is nothing to knock ?...:confused: :confused:

PS..Petie, if our exchanges bother you that much, Try a real pool hall :D..Or better yet, try posting on AZ for a while...Never any flaming there..:eek:
 
Last edited:

Cary

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
871
onepocket926 said:
...first off I think the rest of that song goes something like this....

I have some brand new roller skates

and My Boyfriend stole....(or maybe it was sold....depends if he was......Pool Player ...or not)......the key

...this is a delicate situation...because there are so many....right answers....like I said earlier it's been going on since "Time Everlasting"...it's not between two people...it's between to two "Players"...each feeling for some reason (only known to the respective participant)....a bit threatened by ...(for the sake of argument I'll call it)....the others "Fame"....not much different than two brothers fighting over the admiration of the Father...(again for the sake of argument...I'll be the Father ;).. )....I'm sure the Wright Bro.'s had their moments too....yet we still got to the Moon...so this was just a long way of saying ...you're right too....:D
No offense intended Paul, but you don't know dick.
 

islandtime

Verified Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
25
the feuding...

the feuding...

have to admit to losing a mouthful of coffee from time to time over some of the cracks... other than that it's none of my business.

However, having said that, I also have to admit to some annoyance when one (or both) of them selfishly derail an informative or entertaining thread with their barking and growling.

Bob Hyde
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
islandtime said:
have to admit to losing a mouthful of coffee from time to time over some of the cracks... other than that it's none of my business.

However, having said that, I also have to admit to some annoyance when one (or both) of them selfishly derail an informative or entertaining thread with their barking and growling.

Bob Hyde
Certainly understand your concerns Bob...Just so you know, we have both petitioned Steve, to give us our own seperate forum, but he is afraid too many people would butt in, and take sides. Then, "one of us" might go ballistic..Guess which one ?..:p :p

I am thinking of suspending operations anyway...The challenge is just not there anymore. Also, I am becoming seriously concerned about his sanity. (or lack thereof)
I would hate to be the one to push him over the edge, because, as everybody knows..."I still wuv him"..:cool:
 
Last edited:

Banks

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
386
You can't hardly tell at first, not till they get to the point of slobbering and staggering around. When you see a critter in that fix, you know for sure. But you want to watch for others that ain't that far along. Now, you take a bobcat or a fox. You know they'll run if you give em the chance. But when one don't run, or maybe makes fight at you, why, you shoot him and shoot him quick. After he's bitten you, its too late. :(
 

onepocket926

Verified Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
744
Cary said:
No offense intended Paul, but you don't know dick.
......lol...I might not know dick about Dick.....but I do know dick about the pool room......and this is not a new movie......and not a re-make...it's just the ...same 'ol shit....been going on in the Pool World since "Ronnie"....created it...and breathed life into all of you.....
 

John Brumback

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,747
Banks said:
You can't hardly tell at first, not till they get to the point of slobbering and staggering around. When you see a critter in that fix, you know for sure. But you want to watch for others that ain't that far along. Now, you take a bobcat or a fox. You know they'll run if you give em the chance. But when one don't run, or maybe makes fight at you, why, you shoot him and shoot him quick. After he's bitten you, its too late. :(
Lucas Mccain starring In the rifleman.Really that Is him.Arlis quit chunking rocks at my dog!! Good stuff,John B.
 

petie

Verified Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
3,314
SJDinPHX said:
Please take note, who was the first guy to violate the OP's original request. "This post is for anyone but Freddy and Dick" he said.

Mr. drahwolbdlO, could not maintain his decorum, when he saw the only post thus far, that supported his perception. (which is dead wrong as usual)

I was always under the impression, that Mr_________Had already knocked himself, by posting his OWN B**t L**t....Fortunately (for him) most are either dead, have quit playing pool, or could care less about his latest b***t.

There are only 5 posters that I know of, (who even knew of him), active on this forum. Cardone, AB, Stroud, Androd, and myself... Of those 5...2 are on the L**t, and one loudly declares he shouldn't be....The remaining 3, AB, Androd, and myself, are (quite surpisingly) ...not even on the L**t...:rolleyes:

This presents an accuracy level, of about 20%...factor in senility, dementia, Place of birth, and I'm sure the final %, would be MUCH lower.

Point being...How do you "knock" something, when it appears there is nothing to knock ?...:confused: :confused:

PS..Petie, if our exchanges bother you that much, Try a real pool hall :D..Or better yet, try posting on AZ for a while...Never any flaming there..:eek:

Thanks for your advice. I'm in pool halls somewhere almost every day as I have been for 50 years or so. There's at least one asshole in every one of them.

Someone who has admired you.
 

bstroud

Verified Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
1,426
androd said:
There are no fools like old fools.
Although it's usually about younger women.
Here it's about "paranoia and braggadocio" but who cares ? Not I
One of them is having fun.
The other has already crashed this thread, even after being disinvited.:)
Let'em roll, most of it's fun. :D
Rod.
PS. As to Artie, he doesn't get insulted. Most of them go right over his head. He periodically takes a break.
He'll be back, flowing robes and all.
Rodney,

Are you the Rodney I used to play in Houston when I was very young? If so, you were a very tough competitor.

Bill Stroud
 

Skin

Verified Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
2,258
bstroud said:
Rodney,

Are you the Rodney I used to play in Houston when I was very young? That's gotta hurt! :eek: If so, you were a very tough competitor. But not that. :D

Bill Stroud
Skin < jes buttin' in, carry on :)
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
androd said:
PS. As to Artie, he doesn't get insulted. Most of them go right over his head. He periodically takes a break.
He'll be back, flowing robes and all.
That's too good to pass up Rod:D .

P.S. To all who might be offended by this, it's only an artists drawing not an actual pic, they didn't have cameras back then:eek: .

A.B. Teaching Mistake-Free One-Pocket.jpg
 

Cary

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
871
petie said:
Thanks for your advice. I'm in pool halls somewhere almost every day as I have been for 50 years or so. There's at least one asshole in every one of them.

Someone who has admired you.
Yes sir. Kind of like my Grandaddy told me, there is always at least one sucker in every poker game. If you look around the table and don't see him, it's you.:)

Just sayin'.
 
Top