what to do?

treeMan

Verified Member
This situation came up for me recently. I was ahead in balls, and wanted to be careful, but didn't know what to do.

Unfortunately I don't even remember what I finally did, except that I didn't want to thin the three to the end-rail. I do remember that I sold out though.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYur4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PTEC3Qchs3Shwa@[/CUETABLE]

Is there a nugget hidden here?

thanks
tree

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
treeMan said:
This situation came up for me recently. I was ahead in balls, and wanted to be careful, but didn't know what to do.

Unfortunately I don't even remember what I finally did, except that I didn't want to thin the three to the end-rail. I do remember that I sold out though.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYur4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PTEC3Qchs3Shwa@[/CUETABLE]

Is there a nugget hidden here?

thanks
tree

I'd kick softly behind the 9.

bstroud

Verified Member
You can shoot a slight masse to the the end rail about the 13 and bank the 9 toward your pocket or knock it away.

Bill Stroud

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
bstroud said:
You can shoot a slight masse to the the end rail about the 13 and bank the 9 toward your pocket or knock it away.

Bill Stroud

Yes you could do that, but with the lead I'd do something simple yet effectifve.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It looks like you might be lying well enough to knock away the 9-ball from underneath, like this:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYur4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PTEC3Qchs3Shwa4dYur4dbar3dSrI3kTEC4kMnl4kWqn4kcGJ1kCCj2kSXX@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
blackeee said:
I'd kick softly behind the 9.

Its tough spot too be in. I dont think you can kick at the nine from that angle.

But haybe you can curve it a little too hit the side off the nine after hitting rail first too bank it too your pocket.

Or I would just role up too the 4 ball maybe were he will be shooting over the top off the 4 ball.

If not let make the nine ball because thats all it looks like he can get one ball.

I dont think you can bank the 4 ball from that angle maybe you can hold it up enough. But thats not for me. To fancy for me.

I would role op to the 4 ball and your shot.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Looks like you could kick two rails in his corner, under the 9, knocking it to your side of the table and leaving the CB near his pocket.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Kick the nine. You want to bump it and get a rail/no return bank, If the balls weren't behind the spot you could kick it to your side.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Soft Kick Into The 9 Ball

Soft Kick Into The 9 Ball

This is a simple 2 rail kick into the 9 ball. Play into your side rail down into the bottom rail and softly roll into the 9 ball.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
It looks like you might be lying well enough to knock away the 9-ball from underneath, like this:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYur4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PTEC3Qchs3Shwa4dYur4dbar3dSrI3kTEC4kMnl4kWqn4kcGJ1kCCj2kSXX@[/CUETABLE]

Thats axacly what I was talking about. If the angle is thier. Thats why I said to curve the cue ball to do that. Or role up to the 4 ball. People would rather take a chance too loose the game then give up a ball.

mosconiac

Verified Member
Isn't the 9B too close to the rail for the offefnsive (crossing) kick? It looks like you have to hit it really good since its so close to the rail...to avoid the double-kiss. A double-kiss could be deadly here.

If you need to add a small masse too...I don't think I could try to kick it offensively. I'd opt for the soft kick to the bottom of the 9B then.

Artie: By rolling up on the 4B, you are offering him the 9B, right? He'd be forced to roll it in & not be able to play position.

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
The little masse is really an easy shot.
Try it a few times. You will be surprised.
Plenty of room for the 9 to bank in your hole.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bstroud said:
The little masse is really an easy shot.
Try it a few times. You will be surprised.
Plenty of room for the 9 to bank in your hole.

Bill Stroud

Your shooting Massy shots now for your money. In out time they wouldnt even let you shoot masay shots and jump shots. If some one shoots this shoot as a macy..

And you are gambling you got yourself a good coustoer. And I would raise the bet. For fun go ahead and shoot it.

Bit uf you are realy realy trying too learn the correct shots. Then learn the correct shots. Not some trick shot. Because when you are in a real game or tournement.

You want too no what too do. And the best way not too make a mistake is too shoot easy shots. That you have control off.

Dont teach yourself bad habits. Because you might shoot them in a game.

Control is the name off the game. Cueball is the biggest factor in one pocket. Then the position off were the balls are. Without control you will make a lot off mistakes.

And mistakes will cost you the game. That is the biggest reason for loosing in all games and sports . Mistakes. You dont belive it. Play someone and see why you loose.

Most off the time it will be because off a mistake not missing the shot. Play a game and see it yourself.

Wright down at the end off the game what happened for you too loose the game.

And you will learn most people wont do that because its too much work. Just like counting all the mistakes you make in a game.

I use to make 2 or 3 now its 7 or 10. And it is very hard when you do that.

But mistakes will cost you the game and money playing one pocket especialy.

treeMan

Verified Member
Thank you for all the responses. This was my first wei post, and as expected, I screwed it up :eek: , sorry!

The kick to under the 9/bank the 9 was not available, or I would have taken it. It was more like I couldn't get to the 9-ball from either rail without relatively heavy masse. Kinda like this:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYmi4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PUip3Qchs3Shwa@[/CUETABLE]

bstroud

Verified Member
This is a completely different situation if the 9 is a no/go.

Shoot at the 4 ball and leave the cue ball on the end rail near the 4 ball as straight in on the 9 as possible looks best. Moving the 4 closer to the pocket negates the 2 rail bank in the future.

He is probably going to make the 9 but perhaps not. At best he is going to get only one ball and is going to be in a very difficult position.

Not a nice situation.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
treeMan said:
Thank you for all the responses. This was my first wei post, and as expected, I screwed it up :eek: , sorry!

The kick to under the 9/bank the 9 was not available, or I would have taken it. It was more like I couldn't get to the 9-ball from either rail without relatively heavy masse. Kinda like this:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYmi4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PUip3Qchs3Shwa@[/CUETABLE]

Ill let him shoot the nine ball. I rool up to the 4 ball or he hight have too shoot over the 4 ball hes no getting but 1 ball. And as far as banking the 4 ball two rails.

Its ok the 4 ball is in my favor not in the shooters favor. Later on in the game dont you think I can get a bank on the 4 ball too my pocket too. You only give one side of a shot for people too look at.

THe 4 ball favpers the players pocket on the pther side. And rather then shooting a trick shoot macy. with no control and only one shot at it you can have it.

If anything that I would shoot before a trick shot. I would shoot off the right side off the 4 ball and come 2 rails sown too the bottom rail. And thats not to bad off a shot.

But I would rather him make the ball and I get out off the position im in.
And if he misses I mite even get a easy bank too win the game.

Because with all these shots that people show they will not all be execoted. And nobody showes what happines when they miss.

Like in las vegas the never show people loosing only winning. Thats not reality. We can asume that a person will make the shot. But we realy don no .

I have seen players miss the easeast shots. By playing position and taking thier eye off the ball. Or too much englis or not enough. Things happen.

It would be easy if everything would hapen the way we show it but that is not the resulte. And when it happines people love too say its a dump. I could have never misst that shot.

Yes if all you are doing is trying too make one ball. Thats why you watch sports and what you think will happen will not happen.

Its always the unexpected. Like having a player 7 to nothing and everyone says thats it its all over.

And then the player looses the game. Its never over tell its reay completed.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
treeMan said:

Ill let him shoot the nine ball. I rool up to the 4 ball or he hight have too shoot over the 4 ball hes no getting but 1 ball. And as far as banking the 4 ball two rails.

Its ok the 4 ball is in my favor not in the shooters favor. Later on in the game dont you think I can get a bank on the 4 ball too my pocket too. You only give one side of a shot for people too look at.

THe 4 ball favpers the players pocket on the pther side. And rather then shooting a trick shoot macy. with no control and only one shot at it you can have it.

If anything that I would shoot before a trick shot. I would shoot off the right side off the 4 ball and come 2 rails sown too the bottom rail. And thats not to bad off a shot.

But I would rather him make the ball and I get out off the position im in.
And if he misses I mite even get a easy bank too win the game.

Because with all these shots that people show they will not all be execoted. And nobody showes what happines when they miss.

Like in las vegas the never show people loosing only winning. Thats not reality. We can asume that a person will make the shot. But we realy don no .

I have seen players miss the easeast shots. By playing position and taking thier eye off the ball. Or too much englis or not enough. Things happen.

It would be easy if everything would hapen the way we show it but that is not the resulte. And when it happines people love too say its a dump. I could have never misst that shot.

Yes if all you are doing is trying too make one ball. Thats why you watch sports and what you think will happen will not happen.

Its always the unexpected. Like having a player 7 to nothing and everyone says thats it its all over.

And then the player looses the game. Its never over tell its realy completed.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
bstroud said:
This is a completely different situation if the 9 is a no/go.

Shoot at the 4 ball and leave the cue ball on the end rail near the 4 ball as straight in on the 9 as possible looks best. Moving the 4 closer to the pocket negates the 2 rail bank in the future.

He is probably going to make the 9 but perhaps not. At best he is going to get only one ball and is going to be in a very difficult position.

Not a nice situation.

Bill Stroud

Huh?.....Just leave him the free 9ball, with a good chance to get position for some kind of a bank for a second shot - why in the world would you do that when there are much better options? - here are two of them: Soft roll the cueball three rails to the 9ball like in my first diagram - Or as in my second layout, shoot the 3-rail billiard, aiming to hit the long rail right behind the 9ball - you could shoot this at soft-medium speed, or medium speed - possibly with a result similar to what I've displayed...even if you dont hit the rail perfectly behind the 9 - any hit on the 9 will be more likely to not leave a shot, than to leave a shot....all experienced One Pocket players have shot both of these shots a million times.

- Ghost

PS, But the way treeman laid out his wei diagram, the 9 can still be easily rolled into off just the foot rail - I'm just assuming, and basing my shot choices, in that he didn't display his actual situation accurately, and that soft one-rail kick to the 9 wasn't available, as he said.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYmi4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PTsm3Qchs3Shwa3kTsm3kbnV4kPpr4kYmq4kcHy@[/CUETABLE]

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYmi4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PUip3Qchs3Shwa4dYmi4dRMp4dRMp3dAKI3kUip1kcWJ1kIGr2kbnu4kcPP4kacd@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Huh?.....Just leave him the free 9ball, with a good chance to get position for some kind of a bank for a second shot - why in the world would you do that when there are much better options? - here are two of them: Soft roll the cueball three rails to the 9ball like in my first diagram - Or as in my second layout, shoot the 3-rail billiard, aiming to hit the long rail right behind the 9ball - you could shoot this at soft-medium speed, or medium speed - possibly with a result similar to what I've displayed...even if you dont hit the rail perfectly behind the 9 - any hit on the 9 will be more likely to not leave a shot, than to leave a shot....all experienced One Pocket players have shot both of these shots a million times.

- Ghost

PS, But the way treeman laid out his wei diagram, the 9 can still be easily rolled into off just the foot rail - I'm just assuming, and basing my shot choices, in that he didn't display his actual situation accurately, and that soft one-rail kick to the 9 wasn't available, as he said.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYmi4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PTsm3Qchs3Shwa3kTsm3kbnV4kPpr4kYmq4kcHy@[/CUETABLE]

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW3BQwL4CAMI2DUGd4EALp3FWkM3GNmL4HSLL4IYmi4JVNL3KTyM3LKkL4MPBL4NLyM3OHyK3PUip3Qchs3Shwa4dYmi4dRMp4dRMp3dAKI3kUip1kcWJ1kIGr2kbnu4kcPP4kacd@[/CUETABLE]

If you want the easiest shot and you like gambling. And its not too bad a shot . Just kick at he 9 ball from the other end off the table. The nine ball lays pretty good.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm really with Artie on this one. Roll down on the 4 ball. Let him have the 9.
If he can shoot the straight in 9 and get position, I would sure like to see it.

Let him have the 9 ball. If he rolls at and makes it look at what a bad place he has put himself in. He might not even shoot at the 9 ball. He is behind and if he could shoot the 4 in and leave the cue ball on the end rail that might be a better choice to get the 4 in action.

Bill Stroud