West Houston tonight

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Looks like I'm going to either Bogeys West or Clicks on 290 around 11 tonight. Most of our posters will probably be asleep by then, but let me know if anyone's around.

Also, assuming I'm not meeting anyone in particular, which of those two is better for finding 1P, and for being able to get a table on a Friday night?

Cory (in Houston)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Looks like I'm going to either Bogeys West or Clicks on 290 around 11 tonight. Most of our posters will probably be asleep by then, but let me know if anyone's around.

Also, assuming I'm not meeting anyone in particular, which of those two is better for finding 1P, and for being able to get a table on a Friday night?

Cory (in Houston)

Only two 9 footers at Clicks and they are usually occupied...
Bogies west has 4 and the 1st one is a great table...

I will be tired but I'll try to meet you at 11:00 if you're sure you are going there

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Don't go to clicks. It sucks. Only two bad 9-ft tables. Waitress and bartender will screw you on time. Go to Bogies West

Call me 713.806.5416

I can leave after rush hr and get there between 7:30 and 8:00. Play some cheap.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Bogies west it is, if I make it. Will definitely post when I know for sure, and will text you, Disco! Thanks for the info.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Alright. It's on--I'll be there.

Soft action for anyone who can stay up past their normal bedtime.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I met with Corey tonight and we played 3 games. He didn't have a cue with him, so I lent him one of my Richard Black cues. He's a fine shooter and did very well coming off the road cold and not playing with his own cue. We may get together again tomorrow if his schedule permits. We had a great time for the less than two hours we had available before they closed for the evening. Bogie's West isn't a 24-hr joint like Bogie's East (the original Bogie's).

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Well. Glad ya'll finally got together and did something, but you shouldn't be roaming around all over and staying up all night like that. Sign of degeneracy. Behave yourselves...

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Well. Glad ya'll finally got together and did something, but you shouldn't be roaming around all over and staying up all night like that. Sign of degeneracy. Behave yourselves...

Well, we did have fun. I don't think there was enough time to be too degenerate. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to play a proper set if his business in Houston area permits. He's a nice guy, helped out with the tab and even tipped the waitress!

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I met with Corey tonight and we played 3 games. He didn't have a cue with him, so I lent him one of my Richard Black cues. He's a fine shooter and did very well coming off the road cold and not playing with his own cue. We may get together again tomorrow if his schedule permits. We had a great time for the less than two hours we had available before they closed for the evening. Bogie's West isn't a 24-hr joint like Bogie's East (the original Bogie's).

Thanks, Dave. Or is that "Thanks, Disco." Either way, it was fun, wish I could have gotten there sooner. Also wish I could have been the one who was up 2-1 when we finished! Nice to meet you in person and play.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Thanks, Dave. Or is that "Thanks, Disco." Either way, it was fun, wish I could have gotten there sooner. Also wish I could have been the one who was up 2-1 when we finished! Nice to meet you in person and play.

I was going for 3-0. :D:D

Just kidding. Nice meeting you too. Have a safe trip home!