Well... it's time to embark on a new chapter in my life!

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I'm signing off from Nebraska. Heading to the City of Sin, Las Vegas! Threw what little crap I had in a small Uhaul trailer and am towing that with a 21 year old car:) What could possibly go wrong? Hmmm.....

Well, to start with, the moron that put my hitch on and hooked up the trailer, didn't put the pin in that holds the bar into the hitch, so 6 blocks from Uhaul the trailer started going somewhere else... I hit my brakes enough to make the trailer run into my car instead of someone else's. Nice start. Now I can't help but subconsciously think the trailer is going to separate again. I'll be looking at my rear view mirror every 15 seconds I'm sure now.

I am going to work for the wonderful company of CSI. I'll be doing a little bit of everything and will also be doing some work for TAR. I have been a long time fan of both TAR and CSI and Mark Griffin. I believe that both CSI and TAR are positive influences in pool and that they both continue looking for ways to promote the sport in a positive way. There are many people that love this game, many that this game is their life, so knowing there are some people out there that are looking to help them be able to survive, is a good thing to have.

Mark Griffin/CSI is, I believe, one of the most influential man/company out there in pool today. He is constantly coming up with visions and ideas to make this game exciting and rewarding, benefiting other business owners, players, fans and league players. He also is not all just talk, he has sunk a lot of money into his ideas and continues to do so.

I've been a No. 1 fan of TAR since they hooked up their first webcam. I am a action junkie that loves the gambling side of pool and you never got to see those kinds of matches, unless you were there. TAR brought those matches to the Internet, making it easy for anyone to watch a live gambling matchup between top professionals.

Justin has worked his ass off with TAR and has worn so many hats, most of them all at the same time and all of us pool fans should feel very fortunate that he loves pool as much as he does. Anyone else would have bailed a long time ago. I look forward to helping him out and freeing him up to be able to focus more of his attention on the important areas of his business. He doesn't need to be worrying about a camera or the mic levels or looking at the chat while he's trying to talk to someone. Can you imagine the pressure he must feel, being live and recorded, for hundreds to people to watch, all eyes glued on him, and the mic levels start clipping, they move slightly off camera, the guys mic doesn't work, the feeds froze... all these things going on, and he's trying to pay attention to what his guest is saying:D So I plan on helping him out as much as I can.

I respect Justin as a man and as a business owner. The guy really wants to give the community the best product he can. He wants everything right, he wants to please as many people as possible, and he (possibly to a fault) is a "The Customer is always right" advocate. I've seen him get burned so many times on a feed or PPV and if things go wrong, he might just open the whole thing up for free and refund everyone that bought it their money back. He's late on a order, he could very well throw in another 20 bucks in merchandise. He's a helluva nice guy and the best thing about him, is he a standup guy. He's not going to allow any funny business and he honors his word and expects you to do the same. Unfortunately in the pool world, people's word isn't binding to a lot of folks.

So as I start my journey into the unknown, I do so knowing that I will be working with a group of people at CSI/TAR that share a very strong love for pool, as I do. We are all pool junkies, from Mark on down and it's going to be great to work with people like that. They are all great people, so it should be fun to work with that caliber of people for a change.

I look forward to contributing and helping as much as possible. I am definitely going to get my pool fix taken care of every day. I can't wait to work around pool every day:)

I'm signing off now.. and we will see what happens. I hope the drive goes without incident. I will take some footage and some pics on the way and share later.

Look forward to meeting a lot more of you people here and I'll be coming to you in some shape or fashion soon!

CaliRed

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Sounds Great

Sounds Great

Greg, very happy for you. im in vegas several times a year, hope we can get together. Keith

I'm signing off from Nebraska. Heading to the City of Sin, Las Vegas! Threw what little crap I had in a small Uhaul trailer and am towing that with a 21 year old car:) What could possibly go wrong? Hmmm.....

Well, to start with, the moron that put my hitch on and hooked up the trailer, didn't put the pin in that holds the bar into the hitch, so 6 blocks from Uhaul the trailer started going somewhere else... I hit my brakes enough to make the trailer run into my car instead of someone else's. Nice start. Now I can't help but subconsciously think the trailer is going to separate again. I'll be looking at my rear view mirror every 15 seconds I'm sure now.

I am going to work for the wonderful company of CSI. I'll be doing a little bit of everything and will also be doing some work for TAR. I have been a long time fan of both TAR and CSI and Mark Griffin. I believe that both CSI and TAR are positive influences in pool and that they both continue looking for ways to promote the sport in a positive way. There are many people that love this game, many that this game is their life, so knowing there are some people out there that are looking to help them be able to survive, is a good thing to have.

Mark Griffin/CSI is, I believe, one of the most influential man/company out there in pool today. He is constantly coming up with visions and ideas to make this game exciting and rewarding, benefiting other business owners, players, fans and league players. He also is not all just talk, he has sunk a lot of money into his ideas and continues to do so.

I've been a No. 1 fan of TAR since they hooked up their first webcam. I am a action junkie that loves the gambling side of pool and you never got to see those kinds of matches, unless you were there. TAR brought those matches to the Internet, making it easy for anyone to watch a live gambling matchup between top professionals.

Justin has worked his ass off with TAR and has worn so many hats, most of them all at the same time and all of us pool fans should feel very fortunate that he loves pool as much as he does. Anyone else would have bailed a long time ago. I look forward to helping him out and freeing him up to be able to focus more of his attention on the important areas of his business. He doesn't need to be worrying about a camera or the mic levels or looking at the chat while he's trying to talk to someone. Can you imagine the pressure he must feel, being live and recorded, for hundreds to people to watch, all eyes glued on him, and the mic levels start clipping, they move slightly off camera, the guys mic doesn't work, the feeds froze... all these things going on, and he's trying to pay attention to what his guest is saying:D So I plan on helping him out as much as I can.

I respect Justin as a man and as a business owner. The guy really wants to give the community the best product he can. He wants everything right, he wants to please as many people as possible, and he (possibly to a fault) is a "The Customer is always right" advocate. I've seen him get burned so many times on a feed or PPV and if things go wrong, he might just open the whole thing up for free and refund everyone that bought it their money back. He's late on a order, he could very well throw in another 20 bucks in merchandise. He's a helluva nice guy and the best thing about him, is he a standup guy. He's not going to allow any funny business and he honors his word and expects you to do the same. Unfortunately in the pool world, people's word isn't binding to a lot of folks.

So as I start my journey into the unknown, I do so knowing that I will be working with a group of people at CSI/TAR that share a very strong love for pool, as I do. We are all pool junkies, from Mark on down and it's going to be great to work with people like that. They are all great people, so it should be fun to work with that caliber of people for a change.

I look forward to contributing and helping as much as possible. I am definitely going to get my pool fix taken care of every day. I can't wait to work around pool every day:)

I'm signing off now.. and we will see what happens. I hope the drive goes without incident. I will take some footage and some pics on the way and share later.

Look forward to meeting a lot more of you people here and I'll be coming to you in some shape or fashion soon!

CaliRed

Way to go, my Cali. Best wishes. Nothing beats a man with a passion. Don't forget your "forum friends".

xoxoxoxo,
Clare

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
travel well

travel well

That's a great story. Make the best of your new chapter and write many, many more. There are lots of paths to take and everyone each has its rewards. May you always enjoy your travels.:D:D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Glad you picked Vegas..I have MANY $$$$ invested there !!!

Glad you picked Vegas..I have MANY $$$$ invested there !!!

Best of Luck Gregger's...Sounds like things are going better for you already. (trailer thingy, lol)...Stay in touch, and stay upbeat...:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member

CaliRed

I watched a little of the Busty SVB match so I already knew and was so glad to hear about this. That trailer deal reminds me of the time that a friend of mines old lady wrecked their car and it was towed into the dealership. Well he just decided to buy a new car outright because they wouldn't allow him hardly anything in trade for the car his wife wrecked. He was busy and asked me to drive his wrecker to the dealership and get the old car and take it over to his house and give the keys and shit to his wife cause he was busy. I pulled it from the back with the front wheels only on the ground and coming down main street the damn thing started to come around like it was passing me. I had forgot to tie off the steering wheel. This was back in the 1970s

You and Justin and Mark are nice guys, and you know what they say. When a nice guy is nice everybody is like eh, who gives a shit, but when an asshole is nice they all go awwwwwwwww , what a nice guy he is. Sometimes you have to just say fu@k em and move on. And be careful out there. Don't be carnal with too many keno girls. Stay away from craps and blackjack and slots. Play holdem and bank pool instead. Oh yes, when you see Artie Bodendorfer ask him if I can come and stay with him for couple of years or so. Tell him I promise to do right and act right. Cause you know what they say. If you do right and act right and the Good Lord starts to like you a little bit, then you got it ****in made man.....................

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Las Vegas

Las Vegas

Good luck Greg. You are hooking up with some good people.

Once you are flush, if you take-up betting the ponies, my main man Ronny Allen is there and has a can't fail handicapping system and I can convince him to share it with you for a nominal fee.:heh

He may even let you in on some juicy one pocket games.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sounds to me like this is a perfect move for you...reminds me of the famous old quotation...

"The Man Who Loves What He Does, Will Never Work A Day In His Life"

Best of luck, Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Best of luck to you Greg, but I have always felt when you do what your heart says is right you don't need luck, you just have to have a plan.

Your definitely doing the right thing, and your with the right people, work hard and you'll get good rolls. A good friend of mine always said " the harder I work the luckier I get" Ain't that right Ace?:D :lol

See you soon.:D:):)
Dr. Bill

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Change

Change

Dang ! You and Boeing both leaving the heartland in the same year ... wonder what portents might the oracles of Delphi divine from this.

Good luck

And beware of cutpurses as well as those who offer 70:30 the worst of it as a 'special deal'.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Greg, something tells me that you're the type of person that would do well in whatever you set your mind to do. I envy you for what you're going into. To be around good people like Mark, Justin and all that crew and to be around something that you love and call it work is wonderful. Good luck and I hope to see you in Vegas this coming May. All good guys like you deserve the best. Good Luck.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Greg, straight ahead and don't look back. A new life is like being born again. Arrange it the way you want it this time. If you have to be poor for a while, that's okay. As you may know, there are worse things. Everyone should have the chance to be poor at least once. It's like WalMart. Live better. Save money. Best of luck. ;)