W.O.P. Prices Going Up

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is the very definition of "overly optimistic". It's a current ad on Amazon.

It's odd that the 1st book is for sale from Nevada:).

WOP.jpg

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Uh oh. He found another case of books in the crawlspace. What the hell was ER doing fooling around in the crawlspace anyway?? Oh wait I know.. here we go

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBZZG9rmrk[/ame]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Uh oh. He found another case of books in the crawlspace. What the hell was ER doing fooling around in the crawlspace anyway?? Oh wait I know.. here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBZZG9rmrk

Jimmy, you're breaking me, every time I listen to one of your finds in singers I go out and buy their CD. But your taste in music is second to none. Peace brother.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Yep, he found another case alright and I think he's being coached too. He's playing "mistake free" now;). Look at the prices for the two books from Nevada:eek:.

P.S. This is from today on Amazon. This is for Winning One Pocket.

wop.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Yep, he found another case alright and I think he's being coached too. He's playing "mistake free" now;). Look at the prices for the two books from Nevada:eek:.

P.S. This is from today on Amazon. This is for Winning One Pocket.

View attachment 6444

) Now I guess my asking price of $700 wasn't all that bad, (new books, never viewed) but of course that was then. :sorry

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
) Now I guess my asking price of $700 wasn't all that bad, (new books, never viewed) but of course that was then. :sorry

Dr. Bill

Yep, that was then. The reason I looked at the prices on Amazon was because I was thinking of putting up a set of all 4 Eddie Robin books and was trying to get a general idea of the going prices. It'll be interesting to see if "OnCue" out of Nevada gets his price. $750 for a damaged WOP?:confused:. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

er's wop.jpg

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Humor me...what is the 4th book?

Winning One Pocket

Shots, Moves,...

Position Play in 3-C

?????????????????

I have the 3 listed above in great shape and have resisted selliing them, but if they sell for anywhere remotely close to these Amazon prices, they're getting overnighted the minute I get the loot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Humor me...what is the 4th book?

Winning One Pocket

Shots, Moves,...

Position Play in 3-C

?????????????????

I have the 3 listed above in great shape and have resisted selliing them, but if they sell for anywhere remotely close to these Amazon prices, they're getting overnighted the minute I get the loot.

WOP has two editions.

Dennis

Aaron871

I purchased both books new about 16 years ago at the US Open One Pocket Tournament in Kalamazoo Mi.

I studied them for a few years and put them away after I sold the Szamboti. No idea where I left them, but I'm sure they're in a box somewhere long gone after one of my many moves across the country...... This thread makes me :(

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I purchased both books new about 16 years ago at the US Open One Pocket Tournament in Kalamazoo Mi.

I studied them for a few years and put them away after I sold the Szamboti. No idea where I left them, but I'm sure they're in a box somewhere long gone after one of my many moves across the country...... This thread makes me :(

See if you can find them. We might deal

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
So what would a First edition WOP with correction sheets, in very good (all intact but obviously read many times) condition be worth on the open market today. (or what should it be worth IYHO)

and what could i expect to pay for a used SMS.

Thx, WN

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
So what would a First edition WOP with correction sheets, in very good (all intact but obviously read many times) condition be worth on the open market today. (or what should it be worth IYHO)

and what could i expect to pay for a used SMS.

Thx, WN

The WOP prices seem to be up in the air ever since "OnCue" out of Nevada got in the game. I think "OnCue" is a onepocket.org member and he's being advised by another onepocket.org member. Witness the two misspelled words in one ad:eek:. That's a sure sign. I wouldn't go over $300-$350 and then only if I wanted it badly.

wop.jpg

No need to buy a used copy of S,M,& S, there is a new one for sale for $200 (today) on Amazon. That is reasonable and if I didn't have 7 of them (4 new) I would snatch it up. I still might.

sms.jpg

No collection would be complete without ER's 3-Cushion book and there are two for sale today also on Amazon. These books usually go fast from what I've seen and they command the $350 prices.

3C.jpg

Anyway, just my opinion but I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a new S,M,& S as long as they are for sale for $200. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for a WOP in good shape if I wanted it. I already have the 3-Cushion book so I don't want it but I wouldn't go over $350 or so for it.

Dennis

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
TY dennis,
so the first edition doesnt hold any more value then a second edition of equal condition.

250 - 300 is what i figured. just had to ask.

WN

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
TY dennis,
so the first edition doesnt hold any more value then a second edition of equal condition.

250 - 300 is what i figured. just had to ask.

WN

WN,

Just my opinion again but: It seems that most of the WOP's for sale are 1st editions and they seem to command a higher price, maybe because they're rarer:confused:. I really don't know. The 2nd edition of WOP has 8 more pages and fewer mistakes but the mistakes in the 1st edition are miniscule and wouldn't be noticed by too many but they bothered the hell out of Eddie Robin.

If I had a choice, I'd buy a 2nd edition of WOP before I bought the 1st. It's complete and has a few more pages.

P.S. If you ever come across a 1st edition that you want to buy but it doesn't have the "errata sheets", I have them and have made copies for several here, at no charge, so don't let that stop you from buying the book. I believe Eddie Robin was also selling (at low price) 18 pages of "errata sheets" for the 1st edition of WOP. Eddie considered many things to be flaws in that book and was quite upset with it, hence the 2nd edition.

The W.O.P. & the S,M,& S books are great and should be seen by every aspiring one-pocket player, in my opinion. Not only that but I think the Duck is in S,M,& S at least 3 times along with his pic:).

Dennis

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Dennis.,
i have a first edition WOP, inherited from a old friend of mine. Dont think i would ever sell it, unless i could get 5oo+ for it , then its a no brainer.;)
I really want to get ahold of the SMS. as soon as i free up a couple hundred.

in the meatime im taking lessons (onepocket) from a player that learned from the "philly" guys....all of em.
At the 25$ P H special rate i get .....its worth every penny.:)

thanks again, WN

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis.,
i have a first edition WOP, inherited from a old friend of mine. Dont think i would ever sell it, unless i could get 5oo+ for it , then its a no brainer.;)
I really want to get ahold of the SMS. as soon as i free up a couple hundred.

in the meatime im taking lessons (onepocket) from a player that learned from the "philly" guys....all of em.
At the 25$ P H special rate i get .....its worth every penny.:)

thanks again, WN

$25 per hour is the best money you'll ever spend on lessons. That was the rate I paid back in 1978 and the difference in my game was tremendous. Good luck.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Prices Rapidly Rising

Prices Rapidly Rising

Wow!!! Ever since ER started getting advice from AB the prices have gone through the roof!!!

WOP.jpg