vernon elliott bank

Jimmy B

Verified Member
It's hard to see where the shooter is cueing the CB, but it looks to me like he's either using straight low, or even inside. Anyone know?

Doc

Not sure Doc. I know he's using a guided system laser beam device to line him up. Don't believe nothing I hear and only half what I see.

backplaying

Verified Member
It's hard to see where the shooter is cueing the CB, but it looks to me like he's either using straight low, or even inside. Anyone know?

Doc

He's using outside by the way the cueball is reacting after it hits the rail. I would think it would be impossible to make using inside.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
He's using outside by the way the cueball is reacting after it hits the rail. I would think it would be impossible to make using inside.

Only way he could make it with inside is to put the obj. ball on the nose of the pocket and Hope the curvature of that Specific area directs the ball to the pocket during rail compression.

John Brumback

Verified Member
It takes extreme left to make that shot.That's why he scratches two in the corner every time.I use low left,(real low left) Alot of good players can't get that much on the cball.Takes a heck of a stroke,imo.I'm gonna go have a go at it and report back,good or bad:eek::lol JB

John Brumback

Verified Member
Couldn't make it:frus I get it to turn back buy it wouldn't reach the pocket.I left it a few inches short in front of the jaws about 4 times out of about 30 shots.I'm wondering if he shot it on 760 instead of 860. My cball was coming
in way shorter than his ( my cloth is worn though ).I don't think I would have ever scratched 2 in the corner.I'll try it again when i get my new colth put on.That might be the hardest bank shot i've ever tried yet:frus:lol JB

oldroller

Verified Member
stubbornly

stubbornly

I shot it quite a while back,when I hit it good it didn't have the speed.I tried 'till I couldn't stand it no mo

backplaying

Verified Member
Couldn't make it:frus I get it to turn back buy it wouldn't reach the pocket.I left it a few inches short in front of the jaws about 4 times out of about 30 shots.I'm wondering if he shot it on 760 instead of 860. My cball was coming
in way shorter than his ( my cloth is worn though ).I don't think I would have ever scratched 2 in the corner.I'll try it again when i get my new colth put on.That might be the hardest bank shot i've ever tried yet:frus:lol JB

I along with many others tried it yesterday on a goldcrown with 760 cloth and no one got close. I couldn't figure it out!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Dear CatFishBreath,

Maybe you need to order my DVD:):D:p.

RBL

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Bank Shot

Bank Shot

Bob has a powerhouse stroke. Remember he plays Billiards. The side twist is to get much more English on Cue ball.Well shot Bob.

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
stupid is as stupid does

stupid is as stupid does

I got the closest on this shot shooting the cue into the rail with low left, as much as I could stand... but that is not what Bob appears to shoot...
Would love someone to show this to me...

B

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I got the closest on this shot shooting the cue into the rail with low left, as much as I could stand... but that is not what Bob appears to shoot...
Would love someone to show this to me...

B

bille
for what its worth
at a 10 ball tournament at my pool hall somehow this bank came up in conversation with a pro
he said you have to shoot into the rail with outside to make it
i thought i saw a youtube version of the shot where that was also mentioned

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Hey there RBL... ( just found out the other day what that stands for:p).I sure will if you show me how to make that shot. :mad::lol CFB

After only 2 1/2 years you found out? Can't keep you from finding out anything:).

I tried that shot a few weeks ago. Failed. I also don't want to know how to make it so my enthusiasm wasn't there either. It'll never come up in a game so who cares?

It's definitely interesting to see made though. Defies all logic.

RBL

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
bille
for what its worth
at a 10 ball tournament at my pool hall somehow this bank came up in conversation with a pro
he said you have to shoot into the rail with outside to make it
i thought i saw a youtube version of the shot where that was also mentioned

That's what it looked like on the video.
Rod.
P.S. Nobody else mentioned it so I thought my weak old eyes were playing tricks on me.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I can't tell from the most recent video. But on Bob Jewett's video it certainly doesn't look like he's shooting the CB into the rail. I don't understand how that would help anyway.:confused:

My guess is that the shot would be easier on wet equipment. Dunno...

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I actually did see Vernon shoot these shots in person. All I got out of watching was that Vernon used extreme outside english, a dead level cue and applied the english on the center axis (dead middle of the cue ball not low).

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I went to the poolroom to try this shot. I figured the wet equipment would help. I couldn't make the shot. I could get it to bank across to just above the side, but not IN the side. I tried it once with BHE, and the OB did go straight across toward the hole, but it only made it halfway across the table before it ran out of gas. Based on that, my guess is --as Fred said-- simply an extremely thin hit with extreme outside level spin. I can see why Jewett used BHE, but it obviously can be made with a normal straight, level stroke-- at least it was made that way in the video... After awhile one just gets bored trying to make it.:D

Doc