US Open One Pocket & Banks

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Coming up next week in Vegas. On their web site it shows 41 players already signed up for the One Pocket, with many of the 'locals' (including most of the CA players) not signed up yet. Presumably they will be able to sign up on site?

30 players so far for the Banks, too.

Looks like Freddy is in, and Ike Runnels, also out of Chicago. Boy, Ike deserves some kind of award for the road work he's put in this year!
I also noticed Lou Figueroa in the 1P.

There is a list of names on their site but you have to scroll way down to the bottom past all the amatuer event players to get there:
http://playbca.com/05vegas9ball/2005 9-Ball Entries.htm

I had been planning to go, but have a little extra going on at home with my father's recent heart surgery (he is recovering well, but slowly). So, I'm going to be looking for a little inside info from someone there. Any one up for keeping me posted?

Looks like the 1P ought to approach being a full field.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I’m in the 1pocket?!

Oh, I guess I am :)

It’s been a while since I’ve played in a major event, so a few extra bucks have accumulated in my “Sent a Boy to Camp Fund” (otherwise known around here as “Lou’s Contribution to the Pro Pool Player Retirement Fund”) so I thought I’d go donate, sweat some good 1pocket, play some blackjack, eat some good food, and generally have a few yucks.

Originally, a couple of months back, I had thought of doing some kind of video blog from the tournament, but that pipe dream was quickly overcome by the reality of my general technological incompetence and lack of sufficient time to devote to the project. Frankly, at this point, I wasn’t even really planning on taking a laptop…

What did you have in mind?

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If you -- or anyone else who is going -- could 'Personal Message' me a cell phone #, I will reciprocate so I can get an update that way. Or of course if there is internet access out there you can email or post an update yourself. If you are taking pictures and can email them to me, I am pretty decent at Photoshop and can crop and clean them up and put the better ones up on a gallery here on OnePocket.org if you are willing to share.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
I just got an email from Mark Griffin wanting to know where all the California 1H players are.

None of the 'usual' suspects have signed up. Players that haven't signed up;

Billy Palmer, Amar Kang, Tony Chohan, Roger Estelle, John Henderson, Mark Hadaad, George Michaels and only a few from Southern California.

Maybe there will be a last minute flury of signups... 40 players is too small a field for the US Open 1H tournament.