US Open 1Pocket Dinner

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I've contacted Holly at CSI to get my entry in and am going to play in the US Open. I was thinking that it might be nice if a small group of us got together for dinner one night, so here's my proposal:

An early dinner, 6pm Wednesday the 11th, before the 8pm Player's Meeting. I figure this might be the only good time once the tournament gets rolling, folks get into action, hit the craps tables, or decide to leave once they've accumulated their two loses.

The steak house inside the Riv, Kristofferson's, might be the most convenient choice, though I suppose we could travel up the street to Maggiano's at the mall, or any other place for that matter.

Off the top of my head, I think John, Joey, Roy, and Lenny are going to be in Vegas for the Open -- if you guys think it's a good idea, let me know and I'll book a table. If not I'll let it go.

Lou Figueroa

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
lfigueroa said:
I've contacted Holly at CSI to get my entry in and am going to play in the US Open. I was thinking that it might be nice if a small group of us got together for dinner one night, so here's my proposal:

An early dinner, 6pm Wednesday the 11th, before the 8pm Player's Meeting. I figure this might be the only good time once the tournament gets rolling, folks get into action, hit the craps tables, or decide to leave once they've accumulated their two loses.

The steak house inside the Riv, Kristofferson's, might be the most convenient choice, though I suppose we could travel up the street to Maggiano's at the mall, or any other place for that matter.

Off the top of my head, I think John, Joey, Roy, and Lenny are going to be in Vegas for the Open -- if you guys think it's a good idea, let me know and I'll book a table. If not I'll let it go.

Lou Figueroa

Count me in.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Sounds good to me, I am in and I am sure others will be interested in this also. :)

Great.

Oh, and I didn't mean to say that only the guys I mentioned should come -- I just don't know who is going. Anyone from our group (with *one* exception :) would be welcome.

SJD, are you going? Freddy? Artie? Bueler? Bueler?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
Sounds like fun :)

OK, Roy -- I take that as a yes.

You will be in charge of bringing the drunk Norwegian girls :)

Lou Figueroa

bernie p

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:

Lou Figueroa

Hi Lou,

I will be in vegas. We've never met but I would certainly enjoy a get together dinner with you and a few of the guys here.

Thanks. Bernie Pettipiece

lfigueroa

Verified Member
bernie p said:
Hi Lou,

I will be in vegas. We've never met but I would certainly enjoy a get together dinner with you and a few of the guys here.

Thanks. Bernie Pettipiece

Bernie, I've heard a lot about you -- it'll be a pleasure to meet you at the dinner! Thanks.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
My flight doesn't get in until Thursday :mad:

I won't be playing in the tourney, just covering it for OnePocket.org so I figured I would save one night's room and get an extra day of work in back here...

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hope to be there, or be square ...count me in if John H. is buying..:p (or anyone for that matter)

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
OK, Roy -- I take that as a yes.

You will be in charge of bringing the drunk Norwegian girls :)

Lou Figueroa

Definitely a yes :) I'll leave the girls at home, I don't trust any of you hustlers :D

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
My flight doesn't get in until Thursday :mad:

I won't be playing in the tourney, just covering it for OnePocket.org so I figured I would save one night's room and get an extra day of work in back here...

Oh no! No chance of a flight change, Steve?

Lou Figueroa
has already had to change tickets once
when Mark moved the dates forward

lfigueroa

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Hope to be there, or be square ...count me in if John H. is buying..:p (or anyone for that matter)

I'll add you to the list, Dick. Very glad you're coming.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
Definitely a yes :) I'll leave the girls at home, I don't trust any of you hustlers :D

lol. Not even one Norwegian Bikini Team member, Roy?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Just one other thing, brought up to me in an email: as I originally envisioned this it was, maybe, eight guys from the sewing club here getting together to break bread and enjoy a decent meal, have a few drinks, enjoy a couple of yuks together, and get to know each other and finally put faces to names.

It is not my intention to slight anyone (except one guy :) and I honestly wasn't thinking about pro players, or guys who lurk and never post, or just somebody that wants to go to dinner with the group, but whom none of us know -- my hope was to keep this small enough that we could all actually sit at one table, instead of being spread out over many, and actually get to talk and know each other a little better. I really didn't think more than a few guys would be going and would want to do this but the response has been great with half a dozen guys already signed up.

However, having said that: if there is a general consensus that we should open this everyone, now would be the time to speak up.

Thanks,

Lou Figueroa

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
onepocketchump said:
Make sure that I do not know where it is because I will show up we will have words.

Count on that.
i have stayed out of all the back and forth
BUT to crash a get together of people looking to have a good time
dont you think you will have plenty of chances to tell lou what you think about him????
in fact while you play him for $20.000 YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO TELL HIM WHAT EVER YOU WANT
CRASHING A PARTY IS PRETTY BUSH LEAGUE
JMHO

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
lol. Not even one Norwegian Bikini Team member, Roy?

Lou Figueroa

Well, my brother is going to Vegas too, so if you're really desperate I might be able to talk him into wearing a bikini in return for some $. It won't be pretty, but if you're drunk enough you probably won't notice :)

Last edited:

onepocketchump

Verified Member
I would like to formally apologize for saying I would crash the dinner. I would never do such a thing and I lashed out in anger and frustration.