Update on Cliff

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Bill posted this on AZB ysterday
Cliff is in good spirits and appreciates to no end the support he has received from all of the people that have shown their love and support, but realizes that the road in front of him is a long one. Please continue to donate, your contributions have given him hope that there is a genuine concern, and to him, it means more than we can ever imagine.

I personally am so grateful and appreciative for the positive response he has received, and how AZBilliards have come through and have shown their love in a time where it was so much needed. Thank you again for being there.

Bill Incardona
here is the link to donate towards cliffs expenses
https://www.youcaring.com/cliffjoyner-1139046

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Glad to hear that Cliff is on the mend, although it sounds like he'll need a lot of rehab.
He may have Medicaid. If so, then that will take care of his med bills. If not, there's really no way they'd be able to collect.

Someone mentioned a "Cindy" in the Members' Forum. Is that his wife or partner? I know he was married, but I thought that came to a close when he left Mobile several years back.

Anyway it seems to me the problem he'll have is getting income while he's rehabilitating; and in the future if he's not able to play at a competitive level. I hope Cindy has a job. But the donation money will be important as living expenses.

~Doc

Vagrant

Glad to hear that Cliff is on the mend, although it sounds like he'll need a lot of rehab.
He may have Medicaid. If so, then that will take care of his med bills. If not, there's really no way they'd be able to collect.

Someone mentioned a "Cindy" in the Members' Forum. Is that his wife or partner? I know he was married, but I thought that came to a close when he left Mobile several years back.

Anyway it seems to me the problem he'll have is getting income while he's rehabilitating; and in the future if he's not able to play at a competitive level. I hope Cindy has a job. But the donation money will be important as living expenses.

~Doc

There is always SSI. I don’t know his work history, age, etc. but there are a lot of options. You just have to dig.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

~Doc

I think there's no doubt that Cliff will qualify for Medicaid, and I am guessing that it's available for someone in his position after-the-fact. What he'd need help with most, IMO, is living expenses during rehab.

They were initially saying that he would have longterm disabilities, but that was when they thought it was much more serious than (I think) it turned out to be. My impression is that there's legitimate hope for a full recovery, but I could easily be wrong.

I'm going to El Paso first of the week, so I'm going to stop in Shreveport and see him for a few minutes.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I'm going to El Paso first of the week, so I'm going to stop in Shreveport and see him for a few minutes.

John, If you are driving and going I-20, give me a call when going through Weatherford(just west of Ft. Worth).
Paula and I will take you out to eat.

817-875-1254

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John, If you are driving and going I-20, give me a call when going through Weatherford(just west of Ft. Worth).
Paula and I will take you out to eat.

817-875-1254

Thanks, Bob, very nice. Depending upon the timing, I'd sure enjoy that. Seems like Weatherford should be around 2:00, and that would work for me. I'll give you a call at least an hour ahead.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Saw Cliff yesterday. He was sound asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake him up, but I found a nurse practitioner who said he was very familiar with Cliff's case.

He said Cliff is doing very well. Turned out that as strokes go, this wasn't a very bad one. He's clear-headed, speaks normally and has no paralysis. His left arm is very weak, and since they had not tried to get him up to walk yet they only suspected that the same would be true for his left leg. A physical therapist was to see him yesterday or today.

I was told that the likelihood is that he'll only need to stay in this hospital for a couple or three more days, then move to a rehab hospital for probably about two weeks, then home. Signs so far indicate a reasonably good chance for full recovery or very close to it.

Stopped in Weatherford, Texas for lunch with Newkirk and his future ex-wife (I'm proposing soon.)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Saw Cliff yesterday. He was sound asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake him up, but I found a nurse practitioner who said he was very familiar with Cliff's case.

He said Cliff is doing very well. Turned out that as strokes go, this wasn't a very bad one. He's clear-headed, speaks normally and has no paralysis. His left arm is very weak, and since they had not tried to get him up to walk yet they only suspected that the same would be true for his left leg. A physical therapist was to see him yesterday or today.

I was told that the likelihood is that he'll only need to stay in this hospital for a couple or three more days, then move to a rehab hospital for probably about two weeks, then home. Signs so far indicate a reasonably good chance for full recovery or very close to it.

Stopped in Weatherford, Texas for lunch with Newkirk and his future ex-wife (I'm proposing soon.)

That's fantastic.. I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that the news is that positive.. Thanks..

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
john
that news is terrific
he can talk /he can walk / he can gain stength on his left side with rehab
he should be able to play pool again ..:)

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Cliff is back in Alabama. He cannot receive Medicaid in a state he is not a resident so they are applying in Alabama. I'll update when I get more news.

Jimmy B

Verified Member