Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Wow!

Wow!

It probably dont get no worse than this. Knowing Piggy he did not try to play safe. I mighta took a scratch here. Just touch the q ball.

Otherwise rail first, very thinly off of the 3?, 7?... ball and hopefully go 3-4 rails back to the head rail.

Beard

Not kidding about taking a scratch.

shw

Verified Member
tough spot.

tough spot.

What would be wrong with shooting the 7 straight in and leaving the cue near the chalk on the near end rail. A tough shot for sure but there aren't a lot of good shots here.

shw

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not for a bank player

Not for a bank player

What would be wrong with shooting the 7 straight in and leaving the cue near the chalk on the near end rail. A tough shot for sure but there aren't a lot of good shots here.

shw

That shot and all its ramifications are not something you leave for a bank player. Bankers are familiar with and very comfortable with that cross side. Bankers are not afraid of that shot, and you would do well not to leave it.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this must be crazy or someone would of mentioned it already
do i get a front row seat at the circus??:D
bb1.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I didnt overlook it

I didnt overlook it

Yeah I think Freddy overlooked that. :eek:
Rod.
P.S. Getting old is not for sissies. :eek:

What I did do was realize how, while humanly possible, was an unreasonable choice. If you are going to try for something that difficult you might as well shoot the straight back.

Try and visualize all the horrible things that could happen if you dont hit the shot perfect, including perfect speed.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member

shw

Good eye.It's the only shot I see too.John B. Next

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
are you kidding

are you kidding

As I was reading this thread (from the beginning) I said to myself, what's wrong with pocketing the 7 ball and dropping on the end rail? Looks like a good shot to me, especially in this situation.:confused:

And Freddie was willing to take a scratch, pleeeeeeez.:lol:sorry

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
What I did do was realize how, while humanly possible, was an unreasonable choice. If you are going to try for something that difficult you might as well shoot the straight back.

Try and visualize all the horrible things that could happen if you dont hit the shot perfect, including perfect speed.

Beard
Fred, it's hard not to hit this shot with the perfect speed.:) This is actually a pretty easy shot to hit well. Any other shot would be uncivilized.:D

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fred, it's hard not to hit this shot with the perfect speed.:) This is actually a pretty easy shot to hit well. Any other shot would be uncivilized.:D

Dr. Bill

Bill,

Although the 7 is what I'd be shooting too it ain't no hanger. You can wiggle it real easy and give up the game with a mickey-mouse cross-corner bank. Freddy's keenly aware of that. I'd be coming off the siderail I think and trying to make the 7.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill,

Although the 7 is what I'd be shooting too it ain't no hanger. You can wiggle it real easy and give up the game with a mickey-mouse cross-corner bank. Freddy's keenly aware of that. When shooting this shot the only thing you should be aware of is pocketing it. I'd be coming off the siderail I think and trying to make the 7.

Dennis
Either way is fine,but I still like going right at it.

There really isn't a better shot available, understanding this makes this shot play easier. Whenever you are confident that you're playing the correct shot, you usually hit it better.
Plus, any pool player worth his salt will make this shot every time.:D
Dr. Bill

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
If you can't make that 7ball straight in your beat anyway and need to go practice alot or find another game to be playin in.It's by far the only shot here.And a strong one at that.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Forgive me...

Forgive me...

I must have been playing in a different universe all this time. 9 foot cut shot from frozen on the rail have always seemed to me to be difficult.:confused:
There are only about 40 ways the shot can go wrong.
John B, you keep giving shot choices from the point of view of the best bank shot, long range ball maker in the world. And Billy I is looking at things from his 70s persona.

Billy, you keep talking about considering the speed of the player determining the percentage of the shot. I considered myself a pretty good player at one time and I will say, that at no time would I be comfortable shooting at that 7 ball from a frozen point off of the rail and 9 feet away!

Beard

PS Please dont anybody laugh at my choices, like when I said I would take a scratch. :mad:That is very disrespectful and you are only highlighting your own ignorance. A really smart guy would pay attention and ask themselves, "Who do I know that knows the bank game, strategy-wise better than the Beard? And what is behind the things he says he would do?"

If you find him, let me know please. I would appreciate putting a name on this "phantom." It sure aint anybody that I have ever been in the Booth with.

I have been giving out gold on this forum and usually getting nothing but shit back for it. Anybody really paying attention to the concepts I have covered has a good chance of raising his game a ball or more -- and that includes good players.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this must be crazy or someone would of mentioned it already
do i get a front row seat at the circus??:D
View attachment 5582

why is this shot not a good option??
the 6 is closer to the cue ball
the angle to the side pocket gives a "bigger pocket" to make the ball than the 7 ball
and it leaves distance

John Brumback

Verified Member
why is this shot not a good option??
the 6 is closer to the cue ball
the angle to the side pocket gives a "bigger pocket" to make the ball than the 7 ball
and it leaves distance

Cause Larry,that shot is about 10 times harder than the 7.Good chance you'll run into that ball there also.You do not want to run the risk of doing that for sure.That shot is way to risky is what I'm getting at.. vs the 7.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I agree...

I agree...

Cause Larry,that shot is about 10 times harder than the 7.Good chance you'll run into that ball there also.You do not want to run the risk of doing that for sure.That shot is way to risky is what I'm getting at.. vs the 7.John B.

..we finally agree on something. Sorry, Larry, but your shot, while possible is much harder to execute than rolling in the 7 ball -- which I think that is too hard to do.

I will bet the farm that Piggy slammed at something.

Beard