Tournament Coordinator at Lacy's

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Ok,
I just spoke with Frank (the owner of Lacy's Cue) and he said that they will stay open for our tournament as late as we need them to.

If nothing is going on at 1:00 or 2:00 am they will normally close at that time.

He doesn't mind staying open later for us, so the closing time is very flexible.

JoeyA

Thanks Joey...:):)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
A Most Deserved THANK YOU !

A Most Deserved THANK YOU !

I would like to throw a big shoutout to Frank @ Lacy's for his outstanding generosity and cooperativeness for our onepocket.org tourney.

Can't wait to meet Frank and thank him for going out of his way to accommodate our tourney. :):lol:D

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
My check is in the mail as of today. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in September. For those of you who may be interested in a little pre-tournament tune-up, I will be arriving sometime Wednesday evening. Driving. If anyone needs a ride from the airport let me know and I will see what I can do to pick you up.

Tom

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Frank loves pool and can swing a stick himself. He wants us to have a great time.

JoeyA

I would like to throw a big shoutout to Frank @ Lacy's for his outstanding generosity and cooperativeness for our onepocket.org tourney.

Can't wait to meet Frank and thank him for going out of his way to accommodate our tourney. :):lol:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Frank loves pool and can swing a stick himself. He wants us to have a great time.

JoeyA

Boy, how lucky we are to have him, to have one of the nicest pool rooms in the country, and to have you to help arrange things.

Two thumbs up to both of you.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Side Trips

Side Trips

Things to consider while in New Orleans:

Carriage ride through the French Quarter with tour guide.

Swamp tour.

Eat....lots of GREAT restaurants and food, everywhere.....
K-Pauls, Dragos, Commander's Palace, Mother's etc.
Seafood is GREAT in New Orleans but we have the Morton steak houses here too.

Jackson Square: local artists and pleasant surroundings, including nearby St. Louis Cathedral.

Music, French Quarter is loaded with music.

Tours: Walking tours are popular in New Orleans.

Check out www.frenchquarter.com to see what's going on during your stay.

Got questions, ask here...................
JoeyA

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Swamp tour.

Jackson Square: local artists and pleasant surroundings, including nearby St. Louis Cathedral.

JoeyA

Good advice.

I think Preservation Hall is a must.

And I can't think of the name of the place in the Quarter that's famous for beignets. Deee-licious light desert pastry.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Swamp tour.

JoeyA

I watched a movie called 'Cat People' one time set in N.O. and always said that I would go there if I ever got down there. I heard they had some nice white gators with blue eyes. I wondered if it was the Audubon on Magazine or another one, and wondered if you ever go over there...

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
I watched a movie called 'Cat People' one time set in N.O. and always said that I would go there if I ever got down there. I heard they had some nice white gators with blue eyes. I wondered if it was the Audubon on Magazine or another one, and wondered if you ever go over there...

Audubon AQUARIUM (probably still have the WHITE ALLIGATORS) IS a great place to visit as well as Audubon Zoo.

How about a riverboat ride? Of even cheaper, how about a Ferry Boat ride across the Mississippi River. Just don't fall overboard. Scotty Townsend is the only pool player that has ever survived the currents of the Mississippi River.

JoeyA

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good advice.

I think Preservation Hall is a must.

And I can't think of the name of the place in the Quarter that's famous for beignets. Deee-licious light desert pastry.
Yes, Cafe DuMonde is a neat place. But the coffee has chicory in it, which makes it taste like a pair of corduroy pants...:D

And those beignets are fantastic! There's enough powdered sugar on them to get ya pumped up and talking like a carnival barker!:eek:

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yes, Cafe DuMonde is a neat place. But the coffee has chicory in it, which makes it taste like a pair of corduroy pants...:D

And those beignets are fantastic! There's enough powdered sugar on them to get ya pumped up and talking like a carnival barker!:eek:

~Doc

The only problem with eating there is the steamboats go by above you leaving a feeling of insecurity.