Tony vs Dennis WWYD

NH Steve

Administrator
I've been watching some of the archived POV videos on Daniel's "Premium Vault" channel. You have to pay a little but the vids are better quality on Vimeo than the free ones. Anyway, that first match between Orcollo and Chohan was amazing!!

So here it's Tony's shot right after Dennis broke -- WWYD?

Attachments

wincardona

Verified Member
I'm jumping over the 12ball and take my chances with my fingers crossed.

Dr. Bill

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Bad spot to be in especially against someone like Orcollo. Without being at the table I have no idea what I would do but I bet Tony has a lot of ideas. It will be interesting to see what he did.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I am kicking into the end rail to play the billiard off the 7(sending it up) and hitting the 8 off the rail with the cue ball.
I would not be shooting this shot very hard.

You cant send the cue ball flying because dennis has a dead combo to his hole.

baby huey

Verified Member
This is ugly. I think I would kick to the bottom rail and attempt to hit the seven on its bottom side and that action caroms the eight out of the way a few inches.

baby huey

Verified Member
Sorry Fats, I didn't see your post. You and I think alike in this spot.

lll

Verified Member
I am kicking into the end rail to play the billiard off the 7(sending it up) and hitting the 8 off the rail with the cue ball.
I would not be shooting this shot very hard.

You cant send the cue ball flying because dennis has a dead combo to his hole.
doesnt that leave a bank on the 14? ball
that 14 ball stumps me with alot of the ideas i had

lll

Verified Member
this one i thought of for tony to shoot (not me )
but putting the cue ball on the foot rail leaves that bank on the 14
tony dennis 2.jpg

tony dennis 1.jpg

Cory in dc

Verified Member
If Tony can see it, even with a slight masse, bank that 15 into the stack going towards the 3 ball. Cue to the bottom rail and then the 8/7. Figure that hitting the stack takes away the 14 ball bank.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I dont think he can see through the 12/3 but icbw..

I like shooting the 14 into the foot rail with a touch of high right to have the CB go foot rail and back up against the bottom of the 8. You may be able to keep him form seeing the 12 with the 8 but even if he can see the 12 to bank it back cross corner, he is pushing an awful lot of balls my way if he misses.

catkins

Verified Member
it looks very close to being able to kick to the bottom of the 8 and move all the balls and spin the cue ball into the stack with high right English might even make a ball

Dudley

Verified Member
I'd look hard at something like this.. In the second pic it looks like it may be laying well to get both balls out of the banking lane and float below the balls by his hole. I'd probably follow it with a little right english.

The situation is so tough it seems worth an aggressive defensive shot to increase your odds of escaping in the next inning or 2.

- dudley
Tony15-56.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
I'm going to spare the suspense. This was just one of Tony's powerful shots that totally turned the table around. It did appear that he was slightly hooked from seeing all of the 15 ball, but he jacked up and slammed a jump/draw shot into the 15, ending up like this. Please note for those of you worried about leaving a bank on the 14 it looks like it was about the only ball that did not move lol.

This was the result -- which ultimately led to another game won by Tony:

Attachments

youngstownkid

Verified Member
Tony vs Dennis WWYD

Prob would punch the 14 trying to get the CB on the rail far enough that he can’t cut the 15

beatle

Verified Member
since i would never jump a ball in a game, least i lose my customer i would hit the 14 or possibly the ten into the short rail and bank the 2 ball over and clear out the other balls.

J.R.

Verified Member
Tough spot to be in. Maybe play it simple and try not to lose on my first shot. With that as my mindset, I'd shoot into the 14-ball, slowly banking it towards or hopefully between the 15-ball and 7-ball, while trying to freeze the cue ball about an inch or two past the middle diamond (closer to Dennis's pocket) on the short rail.

lll

Verified Member
thanks for the wwyd steve
no question that match would be presented as evidence by BRlongarm..:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'm going to spare the suspense. This was just one of Tony's powerful shots that totally turned the table around. It did appear that he was slightly hooked from seeing all of the 15 ball, but he jacked up and slammed a jump/draw shot into the 15, ending up like this. Please note for those of you worried about leaving a bank on the 14 it looks like it was about the only ball that did not move lol.
Unbelievable. I thought about a jump shot, but since I don't have a good one, I'd for sure pass on it. But Tony is something else! I can't think of another player to even attempt that shot-- even Scott. Come to think of it, Tony's average one-pocket shots could probably make most trick shot vids...:D

~Doc