Tony "Banks" Coleman

John Brumback

Verified Member
Viffer said:
Today, 11:33 AM
John, what did i bad mouth you or say that wasn't true. We left the derby you called me asked for a game i said i don't think i could ever quit if u gave me 7-3 and if you came to Cleveland where i was visiting my son I'd play and get you a nice room to stay I'n. When you got there i let you bet what you were comfortable with and took my beating always trying to bet more.

I asked you to net 2k a game when i was over 30k stuck at 500-1k a game you you. You said you were to tired to raise it but would keep playing fir 1k.

I said John if your tired go get some sleep I'll be here when you wake, you said ok cya I'n about 12 hours. Hour and half later you call and say my shoulder is sore and I'm going home.

Then you make another game with me for 10k and cancelled that.

You say I'm playing better your to scared to come I'n same pool room as me to see hom i am playing but you don't have to be any more cause i have no interest I'n playing you any way.

As for teaching me a lesson, what ever money i win or lose to who ever he is don't mean a thing to me. Last guy i played banks with won alot. He never ran more then one ball.

Sounds like you a little salty but it shouldn't be at me cause i never treated you wrong and i could care less.

But since you wanna give lessons remember this when you yours from me. I'll net it ne alot funnier, and good luck out there beating all the best trying to win 500.

Now tell me one thing i said that's not true

Now who's the 2 bit hustler. You the one on here begging fir money, asking for plane tickets and entry fees, if you was so smart or so slick or so not 2 it hustler you wouldn't need to do that, i have never said a bad word about your scared nitty asssss. But at least I'm not afraid to say I'm a snake. You act like a god when you slither just like everyone else.

I pay for your room loose over 30k you supposed to come back next day and don't? Dont offer to pay for your own room even then have the nerve to ask me for some thing cause i win 5k from Fargo who tried to play safe instead of run balls.

Now who needs to go back under there rock!

Dippy tells it like it is.

Ouch,.
1) Ok,so this all started when I was just messin around with ya asking you to throw me something.Well I never ask anyone for bones or jellies,stuff like that.( you must have woke up grouchy that day)
You can ask anyone In the pool world if i ever ask for anything.I was really just thinking bout a beer or coke.But that's ok I said you can take It however you want.That's when you brought up the stuff about respect,remember?

2) You keep talking about the 30k,but remember YOU lost alot of that on the side.I could only cover so much.I only won 15k. After 15hrs you didn't want to quit,I was getting tired and you were playing better all the time,( I don't see how you did that) remember that 5k set I lost there at last,(after 15hrs)you know, cause you wanted to keep playing and playing that night.So I went ahead and just gave you back 5k for that little race to 5 just so you would let me quit for the night,remember?? come on now..remember?

Ok on to the part where you were running out of cash and wanted to start paying off In some kind of poker chips? Now what In the hell would I do with some poker chips? They won't take them around where I'm from.(John doesn't play for poker chips)

Ok on to the part about my shoulder.I told you what..20 times that my shoulder was shot and that I couldn't play anymore for a while,(meaning days)
I'm not all that stupid.I knew that If I came back over there to show you that shot that you would get me back on the table somehow and I couldn't or wouldn't be able to make a ball cause my shoulder was shot.(I don't lie)

You don't listen good all the time.How many times am I going to tell you that the guy that was going to back me In that 10k game ( you know who It was,you and I talked about him)Remember come on now,remember? He told me a couple days right before we were going to play that HE had family problems or something to that effect.(maybe got cold feet) I don't know.I'm just a working man I can't just come up with 10k just like that.Call ma a nit if you want I just didn't have anymore offers to be staked at that game.(Oh,John ate plane ticket for that trip)(John have to beg for another one)

Dippy,I think your a good nice guy........when you think your stealing!
What about me having to fade Richie R. and Scooter playing what 20$ a game right on the table beside us.They were playing that game with the board on the table,hootin and hollaring having a big time.Oh yeah,I remember now...,you called them and had them come over.Well, how nice of you to do that!!.I'll give you credit where credits due.You sure move good.That's funny how you knew every person In the joint when you had told me prior that you had never even been to this place and yet you knew every person In the joint.Your pretty slick there Viff.Man I was never In my life so glad to get out of a place.There was no way In the world I was going back In that joint.But I did thank you for that nice exspensive room that I didn't even get to lay down In.How much was that room? I do feel kinda of bad about that.I will pay ya back for the room If ya want me to..But I don't feel bad at all for not coming back to that poolroom and the circus act.

Ok about begging for the plane tickets and free entry and stuff like that there.
My Daddy ( rest his soul) always told me to strike when the Iron was hot.( you might not understand that since your one of them city boys)
You go get back under your rock and I'll do the same.Ok little buddy? John B.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Well, now that we've got that off our shoulders.. :eek:

Who's got a Coleman story?

The only one I can think of is from Florida Roadkill, and it really has nothing to do with pool.

Maybe I can cybersquat this "Banks" thing until I work a few bucks out of it. :D

Viffer

Verified Member
I'm from Cleveland and that was the first time i had been back on 10 years, i had never been I'n that pool room before bet what you want on that you trying to twist things. You got a real good act too cause that's how you steel it's your job. You dined and dashed and that's ok, i never said a bad thing about you, i hate when people ask for gmfree lunches, then you tell me that's whAt i get for bad mouthing you.

I call bull shit on what you say. I lost 30k to you, lost more on side and had more cash and showed you 100k I'n poker chips I'n Case youwsnted to make a score, but i guess a man that drives 6 hours to play 500 a game is to good to fly to Vegas to cash in 100k I'n chips.

Save it John you dead wrong. And you bever ran more then 4 balls so don't act like supper man, i shook your hand said nice playing.

Don't be mad the monies gone and you can't Antie to play again. Don't insult me cause i never said a word as you stomped my ass I'n ground. And don't blame anyone but your self for any thong that happens you I'n charge of what you do.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Viffer said:
I'm from Cleveland and that was the first time i had been back on 10 years, i had never been I'n that pool room before bet what you want on that you trying to twist things. You got a real good act too cause that's how you steel it's your job. You dined and dashed and that's ok, i never said a bad thing about you, i hate when people ask for gmfree lunches, then you tell me that's whAt i get for bad mouthing you.

I call bull shit on what you say. I lost 30k to you, lost more on side and had more cash and showed you 100k I'n poker chips I'n Case youwsnted to make a score, but i guess a man that drives 6 hours to play 500 a game is to good to fly to Vegas to cash in 100k I'n chips.

Save it John you dead wrong. And you bever ran more then 4 balls so don't act like supper man, i shook your hand said nice playing.

Don't be mad the monies gone and you can't Antie to play again. Don't insult me cause i never said a word as you stomped my ass I'n ground. And don't blame anyone but your self for any thong that happens you I'n charge of what you do.

Hey little buddy,I was just kidding with ya about the bone.Hell if I knew you didn't like that that bad I sure wouldn't have said anything like that.I thought we were on pretty good terms at that time.

Ok enough about all that.No YOUR DEAD WRONG! I thought you would be a good $ counter since your a poker pro,but I guess not.I know how much I won(me and my buddy) It was 15k sir.I bet I averaged 4 balls an inning.It was pretty high.Best I've ever played I think.I might try ya again when I get a new steakhorse though.Thanks little buddy.Your friend,John B.

Viffer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Hey little buddy,I was just kidding with ya about the bone.Hell if I knew you didn't like that that bad I sure wouldn't have said anything like that.I thought we were on pretty good terms at that time.

Ok enough about all that.No YOUR DEAD WRONG! I thought you would be a good $ counter since your a poker pro,but I guess not.I know how much I won(me and my buddy) It was 15k sir.I bet I averaged 4 balls an inning.It was pretty high.Best I've ever played I think.I might try ya again when I get a new steakhorse though.Thanks little buddy.Your friend,John B.
Lol you can have break ball in hand and I'll bet you don't a stage 4. You won 20 games at 1k a game I know for sure I marked them. But I don't care. I wanna see you average 4

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Tony "Banks" Coleman

Someone explain this to us. You make a nice score & the next day you cant play because you dont have a stake horse, can you play with your own money ?????? or when you play with your own ,you cant play at the same level?????

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Cal said:
Someone explain this to us. You make a nice score & the next day you cant play because you dont have a stake horse, can you play with your own money ?????? or when you play with your own ,you cant play at the same level?????

You can get bigger sticks if you really want to stir the stuff that badly.

And what's it to you? (See, I can do it, too.) :rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cal said:

I believe that both Viffer, and John B. are grown men, and they can air their differences without any outside help. Especially from someone who does not have a clue, as to what really occured...In other words, IMO its none of your friggin' business...(or else, please explain why it is)

PS..If you were "in with" Viffer, please disregard this post..:rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Cal said:
first off, you need to give people some kind of clue who you're talking about. Your subject line that you wrote says Tony Coleman. So if you write Tony Coleman.. and then proceed to put in your 2 cents, we have to assume your're talking about Tony Coleman.

There is a quote button on the far right at the bottom of the post you might want to comment on. Find the post of whoever spoke, and then hit the quote button, so it includes who said what.. so when you talk, we know you're talking to them.

If it's a general reply, then you need to keep it general or name names.

I'm confused.

You can't be talking about John Brumback, because he made a nice score a week or so after the Derby. That would have been in the 1st week of Feb or so. The next proposed matchup between him and Dippy was around the middle of July. So making a nice score adn the next day can't play... surely can't be John, who's was 5 months apart on the time they DID play and the time they DIDN'T play.

And really... if we aren't trying to make a game with someone personally, or are in on the game in some fashion... should we be concerned on how someone bets or doesn't bet?

If you're involved in the negeiotions of the game.. by all means voice your opinion.. but if you're just like all the rest of us here.... I think there's a line there.
John's been playing 3 or 4 decades, he's been around the block more then once. As a man that has risen to be the best bank pool player in the world and almost won the banks at DCC for a unprecedented 3 times in a row, and won the Master of the table at the Derby... and most importantly.. IS A WORKING MAN. I think he's earned the right to do whatever he damn well pleases.

Let me say that again... A WORKING MAN - that rose to be the best in the world at banks. I guy that doesn't get to gamble with champions every night of the week or play champions in tourneys... He's just a WORKING man that practices by himself every now and then, out in the middle of nowhere.

My praise for working men that became top echelon players, is for all of those who did. Think of the edge the seasoned gambler that plays every day travelling all over, playing champions and mixing it up every day and night.. playing marathon matches. Then you got one guy, that's out on a farm somewhere, that has no high level people to play, doesn't hang out in pool halls, doesn't mix it up in tough matches because there's no one around... but still is able to play championship pool when needed.

Amazing to me anyways.:eek::confused::)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
first off, you need to give people some kind of clue who you're talking about. Your subject line that you wrote says Tony Coleman. So if you write Tony Coleman.. and then proceed to put in your 2 cents, we have to assume your're talking about Tony Coleman.

There is a quote button on the far right at the bottom of the post you might want to comment on. Find the post of whoever spoke, and then hit the quote button, so it includes who said what.. so when you talk, we know you're talking to them.

I'm confused.

You can't be talking about John Brumback, because he made a nice score a week or so after the Derby. That would have been in the 1st week of Feb or so. The next proposed matchup between him and Dippy was around the middle of July. So making a nice score adn the next day can't play... surely can't be John, who's was 5 months apart on the time they DID play and the time they DIDN'T play.

And really... if we aren't trying to make a game with someone personally, or are in on the game in some fashion... should we be concerned on how someone bets or doesn't bet?

If you're involved in the negeiotions of the game.. by all means voice your opinion.. but if you're just like all the rest of us here.... I think there's a line there.
John's been playing 3 or 4 decades, he's been around the block more then once. As a man that has risen to be the best bank pool player in the world and almost won the banks at DCC for a unprecedented 3 times in a row, and won the Master of the table at the Derby... and most importantly.. IS A WORKING MAN. I think he's earned the right to do whatever he damn well pleases.

Let me say that again... A WORKING MAN - that rose to be the best in the world at banks. I guy that doesn't get to gamble with champions every night of the week or play champions in tourneys... He's just a WORKING man that practices by himself every now and then, out in the middle of nowhere.

My praise for working men that became top echelon players, is for all of those who did. Think of the edge the seasoned gambler that plays every day travelling all over, playing champions and mixing it up every day and night.. playing marathon matches. Then you got one guy, that's out on a farm somewhere, that has no high level people to play, doesn't hang out in pool halls, doesn't mix it up in tough matches because there's no one around... but still is able to play championship pool when needed.

Damn Greg. Tell him how you really feel. You see this is the kind of shit (Cals Post) that you get in azb. As slow as I am, I knew the sequence of events and besides that=Fatboys Code- "If you don't know the shot, keep your mouth shut" Otherwise it can be problematic. In fact, that's understating it. That's like say that The Fuhrer and The Third Reich caused a few problems for Europe and the Jewish folks in the early 1940s...

Far Across The Deep Blue Waters
Lived An Old Germans Daughter
By The Bank Of The Old River Rhine
Where I Loved Her And Left Her
But I Can't Forget Her
Cause I Miss My Pretty Fraulein

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Jimmy B said:
Damn Greg. Tell him how you really feel. You see this is the kind of shit (Cals Post) that you get in azb. As slow as I am, I knew the sequence of events and besides that=Fatboys Code- "If you don't know the shot, keep your mouth shut" Otherwise it can be problematic. In fact, that's understating it. That's like say that The Fuhrer and The Third Reich caused a few problems for Europe and the Jewish folks in the early 1940s...

I got nothing against Cal... it just bugs me a bit to always see people that have nothing to do with any of the players or any of the matchups, riding someone just because they don't like them for whatever reason. Yes, this is really popular over at azb.

I see that Cal was getting on John Brumback's case before too, so it's obvious he doesn't like John for whatever reason. So what you end up seeing, is people that don't like a player, go around and bash them every chance they can. Usually what happens is... those players never come around anymore on the forums.
cal.jpg

I guess if someone wants to bash a player because the shoot to slow, or because they're a bad loser, or because they never play anyone tough... that's one thing.. but to rag on someone because they didn't play this person on their own dime... just seems a bit too personal. No one knows anybody else's situation, not everyone can come up with 10k to play someone with a outrageous spot that they have to out run the nuts on to win.

I just think the negotiations of who someone plays and how much they play for and whether they use their money or a backers... should be left up to the people involved in the game. The rest of us are just railbirds at that point and we're supposed to sit there and wait until a game's been established , then we can pipe in on who we think can win or if we want to sidebet.

Hopefully Cal can explain to John why he doesn't like him so John knows why he's getting potshots from a guy he doesn't even know.:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
I got nothing against Cal... it just bugs me a bit to always see people that have nothing to do with any of the players or any of the matchups, riding someone just because they don't like them for whatever reason. Yes, this is really popular over at azb.

I see that Cal was getting on John Brumback's case before too, so it's obvious he doesn't like John for whatever reason. So what you end up seeing, is people that don't like a player, go around and bash them every chance they can. Usually what happens is... those players never come around anymore on the forums.
View attachment 3676

I guess if someone wants to bash a player because the shoot to slow, or because they're a bad loser, or because they never play anyone tough... that's one thing.. but to rag on someone because they didn't play this person on their own dime... just seems a bit too personal. No one knows anybody else's situation, not everyone can come up with 10k to play someone with a outrageous spot that they have to out run the nuts on to win.

I just think the negotiations of who someone plays and how much they play for and whether they use their money or a backers... should be left up to the people involved in the game. The rest of us are just railbirds at that point and we're supposed to sit there and wait until a game's been established , then we can pipe in on who we think can win or if we want to sidebet.

Hopefully Cal can explain to John why he doesn't like him so John knows why he's getting potshots from a guy he doesn't even know.:)
I know both Cal and John and they are both GREAT guys. Sometimes things don't come across the way they are intended on the internet -- or interpretations take off in unexpected directions with a life of their own. I believe that's already happened about three times in this one thread alone :D

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Tony "Banks" Coleman

CaliRed said:

I'm confused.

I cant believe that this was taken so out of context,my question wasn't directed at anyone person ot situation,but merely an observation and a question.

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
SJDinPHX said:
I believe that both Viffer, and John B. are grown men, and they can air their differences without any outside help. Especially from someone who does not have a clue, as to what really occured...In other words, IMO its none of your friggin' business...(or else, please explain why it is)

PS..If you were "in with" Viffer, please disregard this post..:rolleyes: :D
Last explanation of this BS, My question didn't pertain to any individual or situation. The question is still why is it that some players play better on someone else dime than on their own. As to Viffer & John B. I could care less whatever their dispute may be ,as to my opinion to any situation or question "I have without question " EARNED my right to voice my opinion on any matter. I have walked the walk and have earned the right to talk the talk if I so choose to.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Jimmy B said:

Far Across The Deep Blue Waters
Lived An Old Germans Daughter
By The Bank Of The Old River Rhine
Where I Loved Her And Left Her
But I Can't Forget Her
Cause I Miss My Pretty Fraulein

Great song but you're showing our age.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cal said:

Just wondering..."Can you explain" this to us as to who and what you are talking about? I'm just curious.If It's me..(John Brumback) why are you after me so bad? Man, I try to get along with everyone.I think you got sidetracked
here somehow.Not trying to be mean or a smartas- just wondering like I said.

If It's me (John B.) you were asking...I'm not really sure If I can play better
on my own $ or somebody elses $.I haven't played on my own hardly ever.For sure not big $.I'll addmit that I don't bet my own except In maybe a small tourny.I usually have people and friends who want to go In with me or just back me.The biggest and best thing that's happened to me In a long time was winning the master of the table at DCC cause that got me free entrys and free rooms for life as long as they keep having the DCC.And now I have Diamond Greg S.backing me In the bankpool ring game every year and I'm also a player rep for Diamond Billiard products.Thanks," John the truth Brumback"

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
To answer your question...

To answer your question...

Cal said:
Last explanation of this BS, My question didn't pertain to any individual or situation. The question is still why is it that some players play better on someone else dime than on their own. As to Viffer & John B. I could care less whatever their dispute may be ,as to my opinion to any situation or question "I have without question " EARNED my right to voice my opinion on any matter. I have walked the walk and have earned the right to talk the talk if I so choose to.

...the reality is, most players, myself included, play better on OP (other peoples). That is just a natural fact. Took me years to admit to it. The only exception I ever saw that played better on his own, was Artie. Not to say that he played badly on OP either. Now a lot of guys, again myself included, well maybe not a lot, can play good on their own $, but that wasnt the question.

Beard

At Johnston City Fats once said, "OP is stronger than the Atomic Bomb."

John Brumback

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I know both Cal and John and they are both GREAT guys. Sometimes things don't come across the way they are intended on the internet -- or interpretations take off in unexpected directions with a life of their own. I believe that's already happened about three times in this one thread alone :D

Boy,this has gone sideways a few times,aint It!!?? LOL Sorry to Tony Coleman
Where the heck did Tony go?? John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cal said:

Cal,

I am accepting Steve's evaluation, that you and John B. are both "great guy's", However, I am still not sure that anyone ever "earns the right" to intercede in two guys trying (or failing to) to match up. (unless of course they are involved $$$ wise)

I would also consider it a low blow, to insinuate that someone plays better on stake money than his own...That is usually a given, as I doubt there any many 'real' players on this forum who don't. I also doubt there are many more players, with more time in the tough action pit, than myself...And I feel that gives me right to express MY opinion.

You are certainly free to voice your opinion, as we all are. But if you re-read your posts, it certainly appears you have it in for John B...Opinions are one thing. Pointed questions involving ones gambling ability, (or lack thereof) are quite another...I think John explained his situation quite well, and bottom line, IMHO, you owe him an apology. (nice guy's do that...jes sayin'...)..;)

PS..No harm, no foul, no flame, I prefer getting along, to turning this place into another AZB ...:p

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Cal said:
I cant believe that this was taken so out of context,my question wasn't directed at anyone person ot situation,but merely an observation and a question.
Fair enough Cal.. If Steve says you're a great guy, then you must be. I trust his judge of character.

John and Dippy were going on about when they played, and it was mentioned that John made a nice score, it was mentioned that John couldn't play the match in July due to his stakehorse having family issues and it was mentioned that John's not to crazy about the game anymore, due to him having to have played perfect pool to beat Viffer at that spot and due to the fact that Viffer is playing better.

Then you say this.....

Cal said:
Hopefully you can see why it appears that you're talking about John in a not to favorable light.

My comments were directed at the trend I've noticed since subscribing to the azb forums.. that there's 50 people that probably can't play a lick of pool, but yet they go around badmouthing any pros or any gamblers that post over there. It's funny in a way, but annoying as hell in another.:)

So I've tried to make sure I don't ever do that, and every once in a while I'll bust someone's chops over there to let them know what they're doing, isn't right.

I"m dropping the whole thing and chalking it up as a misunderstanding. Though there is some good info in the messages that followed yours, so that's a good thing.:)

Peace brother!