Tony "Banks" Coleman

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Maverick Club

Maverick Club

John Brumback said:
I don't know who that girl Is.You sure she's from Ky? She sure Is mighty pretty.What did you give her?lol John B.

She was a waitress at Monroe Brock's Maverick Club in Richmond, Ky. We broke up when she had to go to jail for 20 years for shooting her other boyfriend dead.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
She was a waitress at Monroe Brock's Maverick Club in Richmond, Ky. We broke up when she had to go to jail for 20 years for shooting her other boyfriend dead.

Beard

Better him than you,uh? Dang It man,that was a ruff place.Your lucky to be alive the places you've been.Good job,Sir.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
They aint all Kentucky boys

They aint all Kentucky boys

John Brumback said:
That Is quite the list Fred,but what about Eddie T,Donnie A,Gary S,Tony F,Truman H and a few more but you have to get the point after all those names.Did you see the part where I said except one( meaning Buggs) Oh,thought of one more..Kenny from Cincy,OH.Almost forgot the Cannon ( SD)
Do I need to go on Fred? hahaha Glad you took It good Fred.I didn't know you whored around KY.That's very cool! Well I liked Chicago too,the only couple times I've been there.Bank on brother.John B.
PS: I can't believe you couldn't beat Truman,he's never played a safe his whole life! In your defence though,I don't think he could be sharked.lol

Eddie Taylor, Knoxville, Tn. Donnie Anderson and Gary S, Cincinnati, Oh. Kenny Anderson and I never played. When I could still play Shannon was about 15 yrs old. Donnie Anderson went for 8 games at $50 a game in the late 60s.
Fargo never won a game on the 5 x 10s in Bensingers.
It woulda been suicide to try and play Truman in Louisville.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Tom Chaney?

Tom Chaney?

John Brumback said:
Better him than you,uh? Dang It man,that was a ruff place.Your lucky to be alive the places you've been.Good job,Sir.John B.

Used to go down there and play that Tom Chaney (sp?) from around there. Had to give him a ball.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Eddie Taylor, Knoxville, Tn. Donnie Anderson and Gary S, Cincinnati, Oh. Kenny Anderson and I never played. When I could still play Shannon was about 15 yrs old. Donnie Anderson went for 8 games at $50 a game in the late 60s.
Fargo never won a game on the 5 x 10s in Bensingers.
It woulda been suicide to try and play Truman in Louisville.

Beard

Can you read? I didn't say they were all from ky.I said within 100 miles of me.That's the trick and how I got this one over on ya,Fred.I live dead in the middle of all of my players that I mentioned.I don't know If you know this or care but I live dead center middle of Lex,Ky cincy,OH,Lville,Ky.Whichever way I go to either city It's the same miles,exactly.
Still just playin with ya but I don't think you have a chance If we talk about like say the top 10 bankpool players of ALL TIME.Bring It on big boy,I can come up with more If need be.This Is fun.John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Used to go down there and play that Tom Chaney (sp?) from around there. Had to give him a ball.

Beard
Name doesn't ring any bells at all.I'll ask around though.I can't believe I have not heard of him.Must have played darn good too! John B.
Bet your talking about MIKE Chaney aint ya? He's from Irvine,20 miles from Richmond.I had to give him 8 to 6 I outran the nuts too.
He's been through the ringer but still kicking.

Last edited:

Viffer

Verified Member
Tony Fargo wa a total gentleman just like brumback, Coleman must be from chicago

John Brumback

Verified Member
Viffer said:
Tony Fargo wa a total gentleman just like brumback, Coleman must be from chicago
Well Viff,Me and Tony Fargo are from Ky.Ya know.Thanks bud.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Just like a politician

Just like a politician

John Brumback said:
Can you read? I didn't say they were all from ky.I said within 100 miles of me.That's the trick and how I got this one over on ya,Fred.I live dead in the middle of all of my players that I mentioned.I don't know If you know this or care but I live dead center middle of Lex,Ky cincy,OH,Lville,Ky.Whichever way I go to either city It's the same miles,exactly.
Still just playin with ya but I don't think you have a chance If we talk about like say the top 10 bankpool players of ALL TIME.Bring It on big boy,I can come up with more If need be.This Is fun.John B.

Of course I know what you meant when you said 100 miles of you. I just chose to ignore it, like a good politician. Plus we were talking about Ky to start with, right? In the top ten you got #1 Eddie Taylor, but I probably got 2,3, and 4 with Bugs, Youngblood and Lefty. Forget about $5 a game Bob Bowles who never left his home poolroom. We had a guy that Eddie Taylor couldnt beat for $50 a game, Hank Montague, but I dont count him either because he stayed on the South Side on home court.
In the 70s at the Joe Burns bank tournaments at Forest Park Billiards in Dayton, Oh, everybody from Cincy and Ky, other than Truman, Donnie A, and One-Eyed Tony Howard, I had to play 8 to 7. Dont mention Sid Heard or One Eyed Tony either, (from Corbin and Hazard Ky) we played banks on the bar tables, their specialty, Tony faded 3 fives in a row and broke it down.
In those days Varner would never play me banks and Buddy would only play 8 to 7, so who ya got left? :)

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Mike Chaney, yeah

Mike Chaney, yeah

John Brumback said:
Name doesn't ring any bells at all.I'll ask around though.I can't believe I have not heard of him.Must have played darn good too! John B.
Bet your talking about MIKE Chaney aint ya? He's from Irvine,20 miles from Richmond.I had to give him 8 to 6 I outran the nuts too.
He's been through the ringer but still kicking.

Mike Chaney...yeah, that's the guy. We would play $100 and $200 a game at the Maverick Club. The owner Monroe Brock was a stone pool bug and loved to sweat action. Buddy and Earl used to live with him. Monroe was a very bad guy, but he was killed by a sniper in his yard that shot him through his living room window.
It was a rough area. My girlfriend, Lisa (the sweet one in the picture)along with shooting her ex-boy friend had whipped every girl in a 50 mile radius. She carried brass knuckles in her purse.

Beard

(I found all that out later, and slept with one eye open)

Attachments

• lisa 2 (300 x 600).jpg
    lisa 2 (300 x 600).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
Viffer said:

Hey Viff,You can throw me a bone sometime If ya want cause I Told Fargo to play nice with ya cause you didn't like any BS.I really did.Your welcome bud.
And good shootin.John B.

Viffer

Verified Member
you beat me for 30k plus and i paid for your room that wasnt enough?

AND HIS GAME DIDNT SUIT GIVING UP THAT SPT HE DIDNT HAVE THE FIRE POWER OR THE CONFIDENCE.

AND IF I LOST WOULD YOU HAVE GIVEN ME ANY THING? OR WOULD YOU OF PUT THE BITE ON TONY? DID YOU GIVE TONY ANY THING WHEN HE LOST?

KINDA SOUNNDS LIKE YOU JUST WANT A FREE HOUND OUT, ON TOP OF WICH YOU BEAT ME 30 GAMES AAND MMADE 2 APOINTMENTS TO PLAY ME AGAIN AND STOOD ME UP BOOTH TIMES. NOW I RESPECT YOU BUT IM NOOT SO SURE YOU CAN RESPECT YOUR SELF AFTER WHAT I HAVE JUST READ.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
John Brumback said:
Well the Tony I'm talking about Is Tony Fargo not Tony Coleman.I wasn't there when all that happened but I'm thinking It was just a big misunderstanding.That's what I heard and believe too.Guess It would be confusing since they both just played the Viff.Incase anyone doesn't know,Tony Fargo has been one of the best bankpool players for the last 20 or 30 years.Yep,He's from KY too. lol.John B.

I was talking aout Tony Coleman. I was impressed with Vif's balls. He had just undergone surgery and he stood there with his feet planted flatfoot so he couldn't have moved out of the way if he wanted to. When Tony threatened him with bodily harm, he said, "There's nothin' stoppin' ya but fear." Somehow it de-escalated from there.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Viffer said:
you beat me for 30k plus and i paid for your room that wasnt enough?

AND HIS GAME DIDNT SUIT GIVING UP THAT SPT HE DIDNT HAVE THE FIRE POWER OR THE CONFIDENCE.

AND IF I LOST WOULD YOU HAVE GIVEN ME ANY THING? OR WOULD YOU OF PUT THE BITE ON TONY? DID YOU GIVE TONY ANY THING WHEN HE LOST?

KINDA SOUNNDS LIKE YOU JUST WANT A FREE HOUND OUT, ON TOP OF WICH YOU BEAT ME 30 GAMES AAND MMADE 2 APOINTMENTS TO PLAY ME AGAIN AND STOOD ME UP BOOTH TIMES. NOW I RESPECT YOU BUT IM NOOT SO SURE YOU CAN RESPECT YOUR SELF AFTER WHAT I HAVE JUST READ.

Who pissed In your wheaties little buddy? I don't look for hand outs punk!
I was really just kidding but you can take It however you want.Anyway I thought you were going to crawl back under that rock you came from.So there!!!!!!!Man I can't believe you would come up with some crap like that.
But whatever little buddy.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Rave on!

Rave on!

John Brumback said:
Who pissed In your wheaties little buddy? I don't look for hand outs punk!
I was really just kidding but you can take It however you want.Anyway I thought you were going to crawl back under that rock you came from.So there!!!!!!!Man I can't believe you would come up with some crap like that.
But whatever little buddy.John B.

Rave on, Johnny Boy!

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
Sorry guys

Sorry guys

That you had to see that side of me but I don't appreciate being talked to
like that.... from some 2 bit hustler.

This thread got hijacked,wouldn't you say? Let's talk about Tony banks for awhile.John B.

Viffer

Verified Member
Today, 11:33 AM
John, what did i bad mouth you or say that wasn't true. We left the derby you called me asked for a game i said i don't think i could ever quit if u gave me 7-3 and if you came to Cleveland where i was visiting my son I'd play and get you a nice room to stay I'n. When you got there i let you bet what you were comfortable with and took my beating always trying to bet more.

I asked you to net 2k a game when i was over 30k stuck at 500-1k a game you you. You said you were to tired to raise it but would keep playing fir 1k.

I said John if your tired go get some sleep I'll be here when you wake, you said ok cya I'n about 12 hours. Hour and half later you call and say my shoulder is sore and I'm going home.

Then you make another game with me for 10k and cancelled that.

You say I'm playing better your to scared to come I'n same pool room as me to see hom i am playing but you don't have to be any more cause i have no interest I'n playing you any way.

As for teaching me a lesson, what ever money i win or lose to who ever he is don't mean a thing to me. Last guy i played banks with won alot. He never ran more then one ball.

Sounds like you a little salty but it shouldn't be at me cause i never treated you wrong and i could care less.

But since you wanna give lessons remember this when you yours from me. I'll net it ne alot funnier, and good luck out there beating all the best trying to win 500.

Now tell me one thing i said that's not true

Now who's the 2 bit hustler. You the one on here begging fir money, asking for plane tickets and entry fees, if you was so smart or so slick or so not 2 it hustler you wouldn't need to do that, i have never said a bad word about your scared nitty asssss. But at least I'm not afraid to say I'm a snake. You act like a god when you slither just like everyone else.

I pay for your room loose over 30k you supposed to come back next day and don't? Dont offer to pay for your own room even then have the nerve to ask me for some thing cause i win 5k from Fargo who tried to play safe instead of run balls.

Now who needs to go back under there rock!

Dippy tells it like it is.