Today is Smorgass Bored's Birthday

NH Steve

Administrator
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
9,077
P00lh0li0 said:
Even tho he's gone, he's not forgotten. I miss his posts.
He brought a good sense of humor -- I had the good fortune of meeting him once -- I'm thinking it was at Grady's tournament at Gulf Coast. I wish the best for his family...
 

JAM

Verified Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
1,037
Smorgie is sorely missed. He was a man who brought humor onto forums, often trying to squelch flame threads with his quick wit.

It's my daughter's birthday today as well, and interestingly, it's the day that Willie Mosconi passed away.

Me and Smorgie used to exchange PMs all the time. He was my good forum friend beginning the very first time I ever posted on the Internet. We used to really enjoy our private messages.

Save a seat on the rail for me in heaven, Smorgie! :)
 

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
281
Happy Birthday to your daughter Jam.

Yeah, he was one of a kind. I remember reading some of your first posts on RSB.
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
15,505
P00lh0li0 said:
Happy Birthday to your daughter Jam.

Yeah, he was one of a kind. I remember reading some of your first posts on RSB.
what does rsb stand for???

R.I.P smorgie

happy birthday jams daughter:)
 

NH Steve

Administrator
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
9,077
lll said:
what does rsb stand for???

R.I.P smorgie

happy birthday jams daughter:)
rec.sport.billiards -- it was a popular precursor to the online forums you read today, an internet "newsgroup" on the topic of pool and billiards. Lou is a veteran, as is Calired and JAM and Smorg and others.
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
15,505
NH Steve said:
rec.sport.billiards -- it was a popular precursor to the online forums you read today, an internet "newsgroup" on the topic of pool and billiards. Lou is a veteran, as is Calired and JAM and Smorg and others.
thanks steve
 
Top