To red shoes

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Can we use the shot hour glass and the cyclop balls? :lol

I can count on one hand how many times in the past 5 years I've played and I might have a finger or two left over. Never stopped me before so be careful of what you wish for. :)

I have to let my man BP knock your nuts off first. :sorry :eek: :lol

It remains to be seen if it happens though but you going into the hornets nest is admirable. Good luck to you if you do go.

No Cyclops balls, but a little drinking is ok.

I may not come home with much money, but I will be full of beer and pizza and have a good time.

I cut my teeth in downtown Los Angeles. If they can put something on me I haven't seen before, they can get the $$.

chicagomike

Verified Member
......................................... Gentleman John Henderson vs. The One Pocket Ghost ..............................

Good one Ghosty, but we should also keep "Fright Night" on reserve in case the play is scary...:eek:

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
I am going to make Lou Malnati's the wild 8 over Geno's -- which is still not bad for Geno's, but you must go to the original Geno's on the Michigan st magnificent mile. All the franchises are double tom.

I make Malnati's call the eight over Uno's and Due's, and ALL the Malnati's are consistent and about the same quality.

Beard

Good call Freddie!!! I believe you know your Chicago pizza.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Good one Ghosty, but we should also keep "Fright Night" on reserve in case the play is scary...:eek:

You know what Mike...if John wasn't a such a nice guy, and a friend of ours, and an honored guest in our city..and if the Ghost was the kind of guy who would have a little fun at the other guy's expense (which of course we all know I'm not ;))...I would have chose this old movie title as the name for our match (which of course I wouldn't :D) ------>

Attachments

• GhostMrChicken.jpg
    GhostMrChicken.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster

You know what Mike...if John wasn't a such a nice guy, and a friend of ours, and an honored guest in our city..and if the Ghost was the kind of guy who would have a little fun at the other guy's expense (which of course we all know I'm not ;))...I would have chose this old movie title as the name for our match (which of course I wouldn't :D) ------>

I am coming prepared!!!

Last edited:

OldSchool

Verified Member
It's going to be epic. We need to create more excitement about it.

Jimmy B, I think you are on the money here, and I'm surprised the members here haven't created more excitement about it. Since here we have two long standing and well respected members of onepocket.org who know the game of one pocket as well or better than any one pocket players in the world, playing for serious cash. How often does that happen around here? I know I've seen about 4 threads started by John Henderson in the past few weeks, but instead of posters responding about the match itself and the gamble, they've talked about boarding your dog and where to eat pizza:rolleyes:.

I haven't been down to Chicago for quite awhile and I'm thinking of heading down there to watch this match. I believe John or ghost mentioned possibly streaming the match. I'm really surprised that none of the members asked them to please stream it. You guys should ask them. You'd learn way more one pocket from watching this match then from watching Dennis Orcullo and those other Filipinos that people are all excited to pay to watch.

Good luck to both of you guys, Old School

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Jimmy B, I think you are on the money here, and I'm surprised the members here haven't created more excitement about it. Since here we have two long standing and well respected members of onepocket.org who know the game of one pocket as well or better than any one pocket players in the world, playing for serious cash. How often does that happen around here? I know I've seen about 4 threads started by John Henderson in the past few weeks, but instead of posters responding about the match itself and the gamble, they've talked about boarding your dog and where to eat pizza:rolleyes:.

I haven't been down to Chicago for quite awhile and I'm thinking of heading down there to watch this match. I believe John or ghost mentioned possibly streaming the match. I'm really surprised that none of the members asked them to please stream it. You guys should ask them. You'd learn way more one pocket from watching this match then from watching Dennis Orcullo and those other Filipinos that people are all excited to pay to watch.

Thank you Old School. You have to learn some moves when you don't pocket balls like you used to or the new generation of players does.

When I learned, back in the 60's, you ran a few balls and ducked. You didn't want the guy to know how many balls you could run.

I know Red Shoes has the capability to stream, I guess it is up to them if they want it streamed or not. I know the Ghost & I don't care. We both are fond of "Center Court".:eek:

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Aren't most of the tables at Red Shoes on a web cam all the time any way?

I've been on the site numerous times and was able to watch a game each time. Just make sure your playing on a table with an active web cam, no?

Good luck JR

P.S. I don't know you or Ghost, but something makes me wanna pull for you, I can't explain it.:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Thanks for the props Old School...and tell you what..if you do come down for the match, if you introduce yourself to John and I, your first 2 drinks are on us...:heh...and OS, you're right about that no One Pocket-playing whatshisname, Dennis Orcullo - if he wants to come to Chicago and play the Ghost some, the window is wide open, he can bet what he wants..:eek:...:cool:..with me getting 10-5 and the breaks.

- Gh:Dst

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Thanks for the props Old School...and tell you what..if you do come down for the match, if you introduce yourself to John and I, your first 2 drinks are on us...:heh...and OS, you're right about that no-One Pocket-playing/can't spell One Pocket whatshisname, Dennis Orcullo - if he wants to come to Chicago and play the Ghost some, the window is wide open, he can bet what he wants..:eek:...:cool:..with me getting 10-5 and the breaks.

- Gh:Dst

PS, And Old School..also if you show up at Red Shoes..I can't promise, but I think I might be able to get you, for free, an autographed 8/10 glossy of Freddy the Beard...:eek:...:heh...:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey John....I've had a couple of interesting conversations recently re. our upcoming match...

Spoke with George Fels..and he may decide to write about our match for his next Billiards Digest column..and...

One of our regulars at Red Shoes is an older gentleman (around your age ;)) who happens to be a longtime Chicago blues musician by the name of Larry Cox - he usually plays every year at the renowned Chicago Blues Festival...well Larry said to me last Wed. that if you and I are agreeable to it, to make our match kinda-like on the level of the MLB playoffs or the Superbowl :eek: :D - just before we start playing, he will play the National Anthem over the stream on his harmonica...:heh...I told him that I think that's pretty fukkin cool and I'm pretty sure that John would enjoy it also...

Lastly, I conversed the other day with Wayne from House of Billiards in Santa Monica, and he said for me to tell you that he wishes us both good luck, and that since he likes both of us, he hopes we end up in a tie...:)

- Ghost

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Hey John....I've had a couple of interesting conversations recently re. our upcoming match...

Spoke with George Fels..and he may decide to write about our match for his next Billiards Digest column..and...

One of our regulars at Red Shoes is an older gentleman (around your age ;)) who happens to be a longtime Chicago blues musician by the name of Larry Cox - he usually plays every year at the renowned Chicago Blues Festival...well Larry said to me last Wed. that if you and I are agreeable to it, to make our match kinda-like on the level of the MLB playoffs or the Superbowl :eek: :D - just before we start playing, he will play the National Anthem over the stream on his harmonica...:heh...I told him that I think that's pretty fukkin cool and I'm pretty sure that John would enjoy it also...

Lastly, I conversed the other day with Wayne from House of Billiards in Santa Monica, and he said for me to tell you that he wishes us both good luck, and that since he likes both of us, he hopes we end up in a tie...:)

- Ghost

Do you...still...think you guys are going to play? :rolleyes:

I can't believe you're goin for it bro.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Do you...still...think you guys are going to play? :rolleyes:

I can't believe you're goin for it bro.

I have my plane ticket, car and a room. Is the South Side OK? Got the best deal there.

I will be bringing extra $$ to go off to some of the other locals so they don't feel left out. Going home Tuesday, so I have time to check out the pizza and Italian beef a few times.

Maybe they can sneak a Canadien in to take me off in some golf at Chris's. I am going to check that room out too.

Looking forward to the game and having a good time.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

- Ghost

I am fine with whatever and the National Anthem would be cool.

I need to win here. I want to fire your $$ at Stroud in September.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I am fine with whatever and the National Anthem would be cool.

I need to win here. I want to fire your $$ at Stroud in September.

It's hard to root against a guy who's good with everything in a situation where he should have leverage with negotiations.:confused: John, you have style, and I really admire you for your competitive nature, I only wish I had your confidence and competitive spirit. I'm surprised that you don't want to sing the National Anthem, and do the commentary on the stream too .:D

Good luck to both you guy's, see you in Chicago.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It's hard to root against a guy who's good with everything in a situation where he should have leverage with negotiations.:confused:

Good luck to both you guy's, see you in Chicago.

Dr. Bill

Billy....The main reason that John is good with everything is because I am also good with anything - he doesn't need to use any leverage..neither one of us deals in bs or being a hardcase about anything when we talk to each other about playing - we're both easy to get along with...which poolroom, red or blue dot cueball, base of the ball or all the ball over the line, ball, knocking a off the table is a foul, etc. etc. - all that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me, John can pick, I just want to play.

- Ghost

PS, And the last time that John and I played, it took place in his territory - Northern Calif...and there was no need to negotiate any conditions there either.

Last edited: