The Real Price off a Free Scratch

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE BALLS ARE BROKEN? THE GAME IS MADE BEFORE THE BALLS ARE BROKEN. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HOW TO HANDICAPP A GAME WITH A FREE SCRATCH IN TERMS OF PLACING A VALUE ON HOW MUCH THE FREE SCRATCH IS WORTH IN THE SPOT.

Billy I.
Uh, Bill, you're quoting your own posts again and I think you accidently locked your "caps" on:) .

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
cuesmith said:
What do you mean. A free scratch is like a "get out of jail free card". That can mean a heck of a lot if used when you're in a jam.
cuesmith,

As long as you're imagining scenarios that will help you, you must also remember that the equal and opposite scenarios also apply. Consider this: as you say, you use your "get out of jail free" card and escape a deadly trap. Good for you. Now three shots later you are in a trap where you need your "get out of jail free" card 5 times more than before but it's gone now because you already used it once. You must consider this scenario also to make the game. Point being that you don't know when is the absolute "right" time to use it. It might help you temporarily and then hurt you by not having it later.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I count 3 and maybe 4 on tonight:eek: .
I'm looking at the tree as we speak and unfortunately there are at least two that are burned out and don't look like they will ever come back on.:confused:

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

Obviously, all intelligent persons on this site agree with you, so far anyway:D .

Dennis

What you don't realize, is that I've already considered and rejected what you'all are saying - for not being feasible....My more intelligent and realistic point being, that there is not enough data available re. this scratch-spot scenario, to make it possible to use probability theory to come up with a valid analysis of what the spot is worth - a guess, is all that's possible....:cool:

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
I'm looking at the tree as we speak and unfortunately there are at least two that are burned out and don't look like they will ever come back on.:confused:

Billy I.
Not like I'm a genius or anything but this does remind me of the old saying:"those of you who don't understand this are very annoying to those of us that do". How f@@king hard is this to understand. You must make the game line before the game starts, not based on scenarios imagined after the game starts.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
What you don't realize, is that I've already considered and rejected what you'all are saying - for not being feasible....My more intelligent and realistic point being, that there is not enough data available re. this scratch-spot scenario, to make it possible to use probability theory to come up with a valid analysis of what the spot is worth - a guess, is all that's possible....:cool:

- Ghost
G, B, L,

The mathematics-calculus site is down the street & around the corner to your left:eek: .

RBL

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cupie Doll

Cupie Doll

One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
The Ghost gets a Cupie Doll.:) :D :cool: WAIT!! What do you mean NOT FEASIBLE? HOLD THAT DOLL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
Ghost, Ghost, Ghost,

Isn't that kind of like moving the balls on the WEI table after we've been discussing the shot for two days???

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
G, B, L,

The mathematics-calculus site is down the street & around the corner to your left:eek: .

RBL

Yes, no surprise here..:rolleyes:...historically, the less intelligent have always resorted to making fun of the more intelligent, when their meager intellectual backs are against the wall...:eek:...;)...:cool:

- Ghost

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE BALLS ARE BROKEN? THE GAME IS MADE BEFORE THE BALLS ARE BROKEN. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HOW TO HANDICAPP A GAME WITH A FREE SCRATCH IN TERMS OF PLACING A VALUE ON HOW MUCH THE FREE SCRATCH IS WORTH IN THE SPOT.

Billy I.

You don't have to shout Bill...Sherm and the Grosst are not deaf you know...;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yes, no surprise here..:rolleyes:...historically, the less intelligent have always resorted to making fun of the more intelligent when their meager intellectual back is against the wall...:eek:...;)...:cool:

- Ghost
Oh yeah, says you:p .

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Concerned

Concerned

One Pocket Ghost said:
Thank you William....I know that really you're with me most of the time - even if you won't admit it...;)...:D...:cool:

- Ghosty
I have to admit that it's true, but i'm very concerned and worried when you have these seizures, but you always seem to snap out of them and regain your intellegence.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
long day

long day

Thanks to everyone that helped me celebrate my birthday, but now that it's over and done I want to wish everyone on OnePocket.Org a good night. Especially Artie, get some rest and go back at em tomorrow, the'll be waiting.

Billy I.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
SJDinPHX said:
I totally agree...The value of one free scratch per game, is almost infetismal, with ANY two players...Let alone a guy getting the kind of weight Dippy is.

I would ten times rather give up one scratch, than 9/8...wouldn't anybody ???
I will play you with my fouls don't count Dick. :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
That leads me to believe you are a little better than I. That was my disclaimer : the better the player, the weaker the spot is worth in balls.
A player can give anybody any game they want. And I will Show you That 10 to 8 your scratches dont count.

Is a way better game then 10 to 7 with scratches. Her is the proof to everyone. If you had to play Efern for big money.

What game would you take. 10 to 7 or 10 to 8 and your scratches dont count. The game getting free scratches is a way better game for you.

I no even the goast would take 10 to 8 and his scratches dont count. And the Gosat might not win one game going too a race too 10. But 10 to 8 and wis scratches dont count.

The Goast will grinde out some games. And he will win some games 10 to 8 and his scratches dont count.

The better yje player the weacker the spotis worth. YES. But the better the player the BIGGER the spot will be.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Artie Bodendorfer said:
If you had to play Efern for big money.

This is kind of off topic but I'd like your opinion on this Artie.

Efren was always giving Cliff 8-7 and Cliff couldn't win.

I told Cliff we could get him staked for whatever Efrens side wanted to bet.....I told Cliff to ask for 12-10 or 13-11 instead of 8-7.

It never came off at that time but what do you think of that adjustment and who do you think it favors?