The Real Price off a Free Scratch

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
SJDinPHX said:
Puhleeeze Doc,

200 posts. on the most boring, and meaningless propositon I have ever heard of...It rivals the "aiming system" threads on AZB...C'mon guy's, can't we find something better to spend all this time on ? It is much like "who was the better hitter, Babe Ruth, or Barry Bonds". Nothing can ever be proven...As Billy says, "I GIVE UP"....:eek:

El Duck <---still thinks one free scratch (or push-out) per game, in this context (with a guy getting 18 to 4), is worth absolutely zilch, and will hardly impact the outcome, of one session out of a hundred... Go ahead...prove me wrong !!!
Dock what you are saying makes a lot off sense. At least you are opion minded. And Dick it does matter. It can mean the whole game.

And If both players dont play 3 fouls in a row you loose the game. And both players take 10 intentianal scratches in a row.

How can you say it doesnt mean anything. Taking scratch for scratch with a way better player. Is a complete stick up.

And You no that too. If you are in with a player getting 18 to 4 are you going to let him take scratch for scratch. With the better player.

And he is playing even on each ball. You are way smarter then that. You would either tell the week player he cant do that.

Because he will loose for sure. Or you will stop betting on him. Thier is a big difference in the game and the ball value is 4 and a half too one.

And nothing can change that unless the game changes. If a players ball value is 4 and a half too one howe can his scratch penalty be even?

You no its not fair. You have played way too many games off one pocket. Too no something is not wright. And you cannot make a line from the last game.

Or if New England Played the Jets again on nutrale court. What would you make the line. Each game is different. And because the got beat 45 to 3. Does not mean that they should get 6 points next time they play.


And when they make a price one side has the best off it. THat does not mean that side will win. It means that is what the handy cap figures.

And if the think everyone will bet one way. That number will change also. But every bet they have the best off it.
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
gulfportdoc said:
What happens after the game or during the game is irrelevant to the probable odds prior to the game. In terms of handicapping, if the Saints win by 20 points when the line was that they'd lose by 3, it is irrelevant to the handicap established prior to the game.

If Peat was getting 18-4, and one free push, then I believe the value of that free push is approx. 2-1/4 balls. Peat himself believed it was worth "2+" balls.

Mathematically 18 to 4 is the same as 4-1/2 to 1. But limiting a free foul to a free push would lessen that value, possibly by about half. So 4-1/2 to 1 now becomes 2-1/4 to 1.

Doc
You are correct a free push is worth nothing if he does not use it. And it might not show up. What if he didnt get a free push. And it showes up. And he fouls. What is it worth then.

Or what if Gab pushes the shot and fouls what is it worth then. Its not just one player. Both players can push a shot. And foull.

And if Dave or Gab pushes a shot. And fouls. Without it being free. What is it worth. I have seen were a bush shot into the rack off balls cost the player the game.

So it can be worth quite a bite in different situations. And then again he might not ever use it. And he wont have to pay any balls. Do you think its fair that a foul or scratch.

Should be equal in price for the good and week player? When he is getting 4 and a half balls to one?
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
gulfportdoc said:
What happens after the game or during the game is irrelevant to the probable odds prior to the game. In terms of handicapping, if the Saints win by 20 points when the line was that they'd lose by 3, it is irrelevant to the handicap established prior to the game.

If Peat was getting 18-4, and one free push, then I believe the value of that free push is approx. 2-1/4 balls. Peat himself believed it was worth "2+" balls.

Mathematically 18 to 4 is the same as 4-1/2 to 1. But limiting a free foul to a free push would lessen that value, possibly by about half. So 4-1/2 to 1 now becomes 2-1/4 to 1.

Doc
You are correct Doc, I was just thinking that if it had an assigned value at all and you don't use it then how is it worth anything? Is it worth anything as a threat? I think I would try to put him in a spot as soon as possible where he felt the need to use his "free push". Then he wouldn't have it to use anymore.

Dennis
 

androd

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
7,132
Cowboy Dennis said:
You are correct Doc, I was just thinking that if it had an assigned value at all and you don't use it then how is it worth anything? Is it worth anything as a threat? I think I would try to put him in a spot as soon as possible where he felt the need to use his "free push". Then he wouldn't have it to use anymore.

Dennis
Dennis, If you make him get it over with early it may cost you the whole game, wait till later and it won't be worth near as much. The football line isn't about the match up. It's to make people bet on both sides. Maybe the free push is the same thing ?
Rod. >---T I C.:) ;)
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
androd said:
Dennis, If you make him get it over with early it may cost you the whole game, wait till later and it won't be worth near as much. The football line isn't about the match up. It's to make people bet on both sides. Maybe the free push is the same thing ?
Rod. >---T I C.:) ;)
If he takes his free push. And latter on thaks another push. How much does it cost him?
 

CaliRed

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
1,963
androd said:
The football line isn't about the match up. It's to make people bet on both sides. Maybe the free push is the same thing ?
Rod. >---T I C.:) ;)
Hey, you just might be on to something there:)
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,710
androd said:
Dennis, If you make him get it over with early it may cost you the whole game, wait till later and it won't be worth near as much. The football line isn't about the match up. It's to make people bet on both sides. Maybe the free push is the same thing ?
Rod. >---T I C.:) ;)

I hate correcting experts (and I believe you are one in this field, I'm not calling you that jokingly), but...of course the line is totally about the match up - the two are connected...because if the line does not turn/adjust the game, for betting purposes, into as even a match up as possible..then all those various people/betters won't be compelled to somewhat equally bet both sides - which of course is the goal.

- Ghost
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
One Pocket Ghost said:
...because if the line does not turn/adjust the game, for betting purposes, into as even a match up as possible..then all those various people/betters won't be compelled to somewhat equally bet both sides - which of course is the goal.

- Ghost
Ghosty,

I'm not an expert on betting on anything except me playing pool and/or robbing Ducks during the NFL playoffs & Superbowl but, isn't what you wrote the same thing as what Rod wrote??? I could've missed something, I am on my 2nd Miller Lite:) . [EDIT] Did I say 2nd Miller Lite? I meant 22nd, sorry for the confusion.


androd said:
It's to make people bet on both sides. Maybe the free push is the same thing ?
Rod. >---T I C.
Dennis
 
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
androd said:
Dennis, If you make him get it over with early it may cost you the whole game, wait till later and it won't be worth near as much. The football line isn't about the match up. It's to make people bet on both sides. Maybe the free push is the same thing ?
Rod. >---T I C.:) ;)
Good point Rod but the only time that they want people betting both sides on a pool match is when they are doing "de beesness". I think the earlier he uses the "free push", the better. But I have been wrong before.

Dennis
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

I'm not an expert on betting on anything except me playing pool and/or robbing Ducks during the NFL playoffs & Superbowl but, isn't what you wrote the same thing as what Rod wrote??? I could've missed something, I am on my 2nd Miller Lite:) .




Dennis
Big bookmakers want big decisions on all games. And the put up lines or numbers too have people bet a certain way.

Because the want too take a certain position on a game. And thier are so many things that go on if I started telling them. The would be surprised and shocket.

Certain people control the lines and what they put up everyone followes them. Including all the Casinos in Las Vegas.

It didnt use too be like that.But it is nowe. And they do whatever they want with the numbers.

If the want a game to go from 2 and a half yoo thre. The move thier line to three. And everyone followes them.

And then the can take back all the threes with the people betting for them. And the get what number they want and they get the amount they want also.

Thats how the game is played.And if they have some inside information. and the line is 4 and every one is taking +4 points they will then give you abetter number then 4 they will give you+4 and a half and then +5 and so on.

Tell they get what they want. And everyone and the betters think the betters are moving the line. But its not the betters.

Its the people running the game and nubers moving the line for you too bet.

And they no witch way the people are going to bet and witch way they are betting.

But thier is so much to no and very few people no whats going on. But that enough for now.


I no Because I did it and I was on top off all the games. I was the bigest and best. I was the teacher. And you will never see that again.

You couldnt belive all the things you could do. But its all historynow. But I can honestly say I did it.

And I was number one. Maybe I was number one with the wrong people too and they didnt like it.

Like going into the rack if you were not part off the click you had no chance getting Rosie down. And The click is realy who ran the pool room. But its that away in most places.

And if you beat the wrong people you have a problem. So its not just about playing good and winning. Its getting out with the money too.
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

I'm not an expert on betting on anything except me playing pool and/or robbing Ducks during the NFL playoffs & Superbowl but, isn't what you wrote the same thing as what Rod wrote??? I could've missed something, I am on my 2nd Miller Lite:) .




Dennis
Dear Drunken, Loutish Lint Brain,

I am glad you are getting in plenty of OT, as the playoffs are fast approaching...And please, go light on that Kool-Aid you call beer... The last time
I spoke to you on the phone, you were slurring so bad, I thought I was talking to myself..:p

One can only imagine what kind of "line" you, or the Ghost, may easily understand. Anyone who doesn't know what Rod says is true, should not be allowed to wager
on anything,...or for that matter, even live alone !.

We all know you'se guy's preffered method of picking a team.(Cheerleader's ass size)...So I am hereby forgiving all the past "air barrells" you have fired at me, on one condition......You must seek qualified psychciatric help immediately !...:eek:

The Duck <--- W.G.F.H.

PS..You may have to travel some distance South or West, to find help,..As I am almost certain there are NO qualified shrinks, in the Detroit or Chicago area...If there were, they would be much too busy to take on new [sic] patients, and would probably just have you commited anyway...:rolleyes:

They just may send you to the Illinois State facility, for the Criminally Insane...This would be a break for you, you would be able to talk/babble a lot about pool, as it is rumoured to be almost entirely populated by Bensinger Alumni...:cool:

Note; Attempted thread "hi-jack" # 3...
 
Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
2,150
androd said:
Dennis, If you make him get it over with early it may cost you the whole game, wait till later and it won't be worth near as much.
Rod. >---T I C.:) ;)
Rod, I think I would look for ways to be seriously psychopathic about trapping him into using his free push where I could legally sew him up again, only worse. Hehehe. May not help me overall in the game, but the game within the game is worth a lot sometimes. :D

Skin < don't ask me how many balls
 
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
SJDinPHX said:
Dear Drunken, Loutish Lint Brain,

I am glad you are getting in plenty of OT, as the playoffs are fast approaching...And please, go light on that Kool-Aid you call beer... The last time
I spoke to you on the phone, you were slurring so bad, I thought I was talking to myself..:p You were talking to yourself dumbass, I hung up 3 minutes before you did.

One can only imagine what kind of "line" you, or the Ghost, may easily understand. Anyone who doesn't know what Rod says is true, should not be allowed to wagerI asked if Rod & Ghosty said the same thing dildobreath, I didn't say we didn't understand what he wrote.
on anything,...or for that matter, even live alone !.

We all know you'se guy's preffered method of picking a team.(Cheerleader's ass size)You got that right....So I am hereby forgiving all the past "air barrells" you have fired at meI owe you 2 bottles & $20 that you gave to Lenny for me, after you dumped me one night., on one condition......You must seek qualified psychciatric help immediately !...:eek:

The Duck <--- W.G.F.H.

PS..You may have to travel some distance South or West, to find help,..As I am almost certain there are NO qualified shrinks, in the Detroit or Chicago area...If there were, they would be much too busy to take on new [sic] patients, and would probably just have you commited anyway...:rolleyes:

They just may send you to the Illinois State facility, for the Criminally Insane...This would be a break for you, you would be able to talk/babble a lot about pool, as it is rumoured to be almost entirely populated by Bensinger Alumni...:cool:

Note; Attempted thread "hi-jack" # 3...
Dear "13 edits" Breath,

I did seek out qualified psychiatric help, just as soon as she's done tuning up my car and laying around at the beach, we shall start on my state of mind.

Auto Mechanic (2).jpg
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,710
:rolleyes:
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

I'm not an expert on betting on anything except me playing pool and/or robbing Ducks during the NFL playoffs & Superbowl but, isn't what you wrote the same thing as what Rod wrote??? I could've missed something, I am on my 2nd Miller Lite:) . [EDIT] Did I say 2nd Miller Lite? I meant 22nd, sorry for the confusion.


Dennis

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis....Yeah, you missed something alright :rolleyes: Why did you leave out this part of what Rod said, which is the part that is relevant to my point >>>

"The football line isn't about the match up".

- Gost
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
One Pocket Ghost said:
:rolleyes:


Dennis, Dennis, Dennis....Yeah, you missed something alright :rolleyes: Why did you leave out this part of what Rod said, which is the part that is relevant to my point >>>

"The football line isn't about the match up".

- Gost
Uh, maybe because I thought the relevant lines were the ones referencing "both sides being bet on". You did both basically say the same thing, didn't you?

Dennis
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,710
Cowboy Dennis said:
Uh, maybe because I thought the relevant lines were the ones referencing "both sides being bet on". You did both basically say the same thing, didn't you?

Dennis

Dennis, you know what?...this football line stuff isn't important enough to keep talking about anyway....let's get back on topic...

Now then...how much is one of Dippy's scratches worth?...

Well I asked one of my special One Pocket students (I give her free lessons twice a week ;)) to ask her math/probabilities professor the answer...here's a pic of her discussing it with her professor >>>

- Ghosty
 

Attachments

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis, you know what?...this football line stuff isn't important enough to keep talking about anyway....let's get back on topic...

Now then...how much is one of Dippy's scratches worth?...

Well I asked one of my special One Pocket students (I give her free lessons twice a week) to ask her math/probabilities professor the answer...here's a pic of her discussing it with her professor >>>

- Ghosty
Ghost, Ghost, Ghost...

I can understand why you would give her free lessons, (even though you get absolutely nothing in return) But why do you also give them free to $5 hookers/trannies, and all the homeless bums at Red Shoes ?...Is business that slow ? Maybe the recent darth of paying customer's, is due to some of your questionable WEI table shot selections...:rolleyes:

Here at "Stategic One Pocket" I have to turn business away almost daily....:D :D :D

View attachment 1908

Sand Duck <---Is glad he can now devote more time, to harrassing RBL and the Ghrosst...even if it is, only slightly more challenging..:eek:
 
Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
SJDinPHX said:
Ghost, Ghost, Ghost...

I can understand why you would give her free lessons, (even though you get absolutely nothing in return) But why do you also give them free to $5 hookers/trannies, and all the homeless bums at Red Shoes ?...Is business that slow ? Maybe the recent darth of paying customer's, is due to some of your questionable WEI table shot selections...:rolleyes:

Here at "Stategic One Pocket" I have to turn business away almost daily....:D :D :D

View attachment 1908

Sand Duck <---Is glad he can now devote more time, to harrassing RBL and the Ghrosst...even if it is, only slightly more challenging..:eek:
I guess nobody knowes any probability experts.

Hay Goast your educated. Do you no were I can get a probability expert too talk to him.

I guess thier harder too get a hold off then I thought. Somebody must no were I can get one or were too call to get a hold of a probability expert.
 
Top