The money?

crooney

I'm fairly new to pool, and practically virginal at one-pocket. Here in New york, it appears to be unheard of, so I've never played with anybody I didn't explain the rules to. As you can imagine, the caliber of play is not very high.

So in an effort to get my head around proper strategy/shot selection, I got the Accu-Stats DVD of the Reyes/Palmer match from earlier this year. Thanks to the excellent jargon glossary on this site, I can understand most everything the commentators say, except a couple times a guy says things like "Efren has a bank at the money, but he's not going to take it." Does "the money" mean the ball closest to the foot rail? Or the ball closest to his pocket? Or what?

Thanks

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Welcome Crooney

Welcome Crooney

crooney said:
I'm fairly new to pool, and practically virginal at one-pocket. Here in New york, it appears to be unheard of, so I've never played with anybody I didn't explain the rules to. As you can imagine, the caliber of play is not very high.

So in an effort to get my head around proper strategy/shot selection, I got the Accu-Stats DVD of the Reyes/Palmer match from earlier this year. Thanks to the excellent jargon glossary on this site, I can understand most everything the commentators say, except a couple times a guy says things like "Efren has a bank at the money, but he's not going to take it." Does "the money" mean the ball closest to the foot rail? Or the ball closest to his pocket? Or what?

Thanks
Bank at the money means he either wins if he makes that bank or if he makes the bank he can easily run out from there.

crooney

Aaaaah.

Aaaaah.

hemicudas said:
Bank at the money means he either wins if he makes that bank or if he makes the bank he can easily run out from there.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

crooney

Uws

Uws

BP9B,

I'm on the Upper West Side, and I work in midtown. Will go anywhere in the city, though, for the chance to get my ass kicked in one pocket.

Will PM you right now.

yobagua

I am often in the city and play at Amsterdam/West. My good friend is Rolando A. One of the house guys. Will be glad to knowck them around with you.