The Freezer vs T-Rex

sappo

Verified Member
Sappo, read my reply, It states; "think what you want"! You challenged my statement, I then replied!
Your opinion your thoughts, I just do not agree, no argument, just discussion.
I am ok with you not agreeing with me, I really am, I really could care less!
Scott Frost explained his position on the bet, he did not have to, but, I am more than good for I know a bet is all relevant to the circumstances at the time.
You know these pros will buck heads in a tournament for hopefully 1st place prize that is not much different than this, and the odds are sure not 50/50, but more like 20 to 1 or more or less. Whitey
Just to end this thing, I didn't challange your statement you challenged mine. In post # 38 I expressed my surprise that the bet was a mere $5000 considering the 2 big gamblers that were playing, Then today in post #100 you said " the critics of the money are now silenced". I wrote back saying I still think $5000 was small potatoes for these 2 guys. Then you came back with your last post saying I challenged you, which I never did. And then you talk about Alex and Busty's match that has nothing to do with this bet and you say it was at Roys Basement which it wasn't. I just don't understand what point you are trying to make. Sappo

OneRock

Verified Member
Guys, this wasn't about the money. It was mostly to promote the new poolroom. Of course, the two players played their hearts out.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Just to end this thing, I didn't challange your statement you challenged mine. In post # 38 I expressed my surprise that the bet was a mere $5000 considering the 2 big gamblers that were playing, Then today in post #100 you said " the critics of the money are now silenced". I wrote back saying I still think $5000 was small potatoes for these 2 guys. Then you came back with your last post saying I challenged you, which I never did. And then you talk about Alex and Busty's match that has nothing to do with this bet and you say it was at Roys Basement which it wasn't. I just don't understand what point you are trying to make. Sappo
Sorry Sappo, but just show me where I replied to your post # 38, and specifically called you out. I did not, why in the world would I do that. Why in the world would I single out one sole comment out of this thread. Now if there were quite a few members voicing this then yes I would of spoke up in disagreement.

No, I replied to the fact that Frost felt he had to make a statement about the money because I guess it was a topic he had to field somewhat, thus he clarified his position.
My initial comment regarding this subject was addressed to Terry and Ray, and based upon Frost's statement, with the intent; 'the money be danged those guys played their hearts out'.

Take care, and sorry you thought my 'initial statement' was directed towards you, but no I do not think that way.
No worries on my end. Whitey

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I stayed tuned in after the match, and Pilot got matched up and was playing on the challenge table. I do not think he misses out on an opportunity, much. Lucky guy. That table is set up pretty awesome! The best I've seen, a true tester of one's ability!
I was wondering if Paradise keeps that challenge table and area set up like that, or is that set up special. Appears to be a very nice pool hall.
Whitey

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Think what you want, but this is sure better than the match between Alex and Django hosted by Roy's Basement. Whereas, it looked like a free for all, good buddy match that I believe did not disclose any amount in the middle. Correct me if I am wrong.

As long as it is disclosed and it is enough so the players play as these guys did, I then think what the heck do sweaters care! I am good to go, and will pay the admission, gladly!
Whitey
I think Dennis that you are comparing apples to oranges. Scott is a technical ion of one pocket. I never truly gave home enough credit for his complete knowledge of one pocket until this match. Tony when he is making shots like the last day can beat anyone. Alex and Dennis play a smothering type of one pocket forcing the opponent to play mistake free. Neither one gets too far out of line although Alex is the more imaginable of the two. Tony/Scott had elements of a revenge match and Dennis and Alex have no rivalry except who is number one. Dennis, if you came to my house we could finalize this discussion. Please bring a van or pick up to take home your winnings, because I am liable to go off.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
I stayed tuned in after the match, and Pilot got matched up and was playing on the challenge table. I do not think he misses out on an opportunity, much. Lucky guy. That table is set up pretty awesome! The best I've seen, a true tester of one's ability!
I was wondering if Paradise keeps that challenge table and area set up like that, or is that set up special. Appears to be a very nice pool hall.
Whitey
The TV Arena was a special set up for the match

TV Table in the room normally set up

1606153321010.png