T-Rex vs Robocop Big Money One Pocket Action Rubber Match

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
FIRST 50 PAID VIP'S WILL GET A SWAG BAG WITH VALUABLE PRIZES AND CHANCES AT MORE!!!

VIP seating is now available, $100 package includes reserved seat for the entire event, autographed poster and the FIRST 50 PEOPLE will get a swag bag full of pool related items.

To purchase contact Ray Hansen at (254) 379-2569

Swag Bag will include raffle tickets. We will be giving away 1 Hanshew Jump Cue $300 1 JB Case $280 (more items being added.

buffs action 1 small.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm thinkin' about leaving tomorrow to be sure I don't miss anything.

I've already got my seat. I wasn't going to buy one until Ray assured me that VIP does NOT mean Very Ignorant Person.

I was gonna stay at pilot's house, but sumbitch is gonna be in town. :D

BRLongArm

Verified Member
This match should be really good. Tony has no fear and it's hard to keep him off a shot. Alex really kept him in a box during their match. I don't see Dennis playing that much defense, so Tony should get his chances. It all depends on the first day. If Tony starts out strong, he has a good chance to pull the upset. If he starts out 10-6 or 10-7 loser, the next day is a 12 hour day and he is not built for long matches.

Dennis has been playing a lot of one pocket, giving up huge spots, so his defense is better than you last saw it. Still, the weak players never put the heat on you that Tony will, so it is a different kind of game.

If Tony plays well early, we might have a classic on our hands. If he gets out to a slow start, it could be over early.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
This match should be really good. Tony has no fear and it's hard to keep him off a shot. Alex really kept him in a box during their match. I don't see Dennis playing that much defense, so Tony should get his chances. It all depends on the first day. If Tony starts out strong, he has a good chance to pull the upset. If he starts out 10-6 or 10-7 loser, the next day is a 12 hour day and he is not built for long matches.

Dennis has been playing a lot of one pocket, giving up huge spots, so his defense is better than you last saw it. Still, the weak players never put the heat on you that Tony will, so it is a different kind of game.

If Tony plays well early, we might have a classic on our hands. If he gets out to a slow start, it could be over early.

As always, I agree with your synopsis Joe...

I wonder what kind of odds Dr. Bill or anyone else places on this match...I may be interested :)

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Their are subtle strategies that the backers should of considered and work out.
Does anyone know how the match is going to come down as to what each camp has asked for and what is given up and agreed upon? Whitey

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Their are subtle strategies that the backers should of considered and work out.
Does anyone know how the match is going to come down as to what each camp has asked for and what is given up and agreed upon? Whitey

YOu mean such as the obvious like length of race, what table, cloth recent vs broken in, what balls, what cue ball -- as well as start finish times and how long to play each day? Or maybe other things too?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
YOu mean such as the obvious like length of race, what table, cloth recent vs broken in, what balls, what cue ball -- as well as start finish times and how long to play each day? Or maybe other things too?
Yes, exactly! thanks Steve!
One thing that is glaringly obvious is the players seating at the head of the table, that IMO will take a toll on Tony, the extra walking. If I was Tony I would always want seating at the foot of the table, and if that can not be worked out then therefore as his backer I would of ask for a referee to do the honors of spotting balls, coins, owed balls, and scored balls. Tony generally does not take care of balls anyway for it is extra walking, but could Dennis demand this appropriate conduct. Another thing is time / shot, I felt if Tony had a shot time limit on the last match he would of won it. Whitey

Last edited:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Yes, exactly! thanks Steve!
One thing that is glaringly obvious is the players seating at the head of the table, that IMO will take a toll on Tony, the extra walking. If I was Tony I would always want seating at the foot of the table, and if that can not be worked out then therefore as his backer I would of ask for a referee to do the honors of spotting balls, coins, owed balls, and scored balls. Tony generally does not take care of balls anyway for it is extra walking, but could Dennis demand this appropriate conduct. Another thing is time / shot, I felt if Tony had a shot time limit on the last match he would of won it. Whitey

Both players will sit at the head of the table. No advantage there. Tony will play strong for seven hours. Usually, after 7 hours, you see him get a little fatigued. Dennis can play 12 hours no problem. Most races to ten in the first day are done before seven hours. It is the second, third and fourth day that make for a long session, as the man behind must play a long session to get to 20 first.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Both players will sit at the head of the table. No advantage there. Tony will play strong for seven hours. Usually, after 7 hours, you see him get a little fatigued. Dennis can play 12 hours no problem. Most races to ten in the first day are done before seven hours. It is the second, third and fourth day that make for a long session, as the man behind must play a long session to get to 20 first.
Joe do you know if the house rules will prevail and climbing up on the table is allowed? Will they allow bridges? (i assume yes on the bridges)
If Orcollo is allowed to scurry up on the table that's a little advantage there over Tony.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I wonder what Tony's camp got in this matchup. It appears the smaller pockets are in favor of Dennis' camp and also a Diamond table, and seating position adds a lot of walking for Tony. Tony's camp should of got some concessions.

In the last match up Dennis took forever to shoot, and any pro can figure out the best shot if they are allowed that long to contemplate. Tony's knowledge advantage went down the drain.

Down the rail shots or on a slight angle the balls will still drop even if not cleanly pocketed, but the tighter pockets will show up when the ob is coming into it at a 30 - 45 degree or more angle for the points will come into play. Whitey

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Joe do you know if the house rules will prevail and climbing up on the table is allowed? Will they allow bridges? (i assume yes on the bridges)
If Orcollo is allowed to scurry up on the table that's a little advantage there over Tony.

Tony is never going to agree to climbing on the table. They will use a bridge.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I wonder what Tony's camp got in this matchup. It appears the smaller pockets are in favor of Dennis' camp and also a Diamond table, and seating position adds a lot of walking for Tony. Tony's camp should of got some concessions.

In the last match up Dennis took forever to shoot, and any pro can figure out the best shot if they are allowed that long to contemplate. Tony's knowledge advantage went down the drain.

Down the rail shots or on a slight angle the balls will still drop even if not cleanly pocketed, but the tighter pockets will show up when the ob is coming into it at a 30 - 45 degree or more angle for the points will come into play. Whitey

Each player is getting an appearance fee. Buffalo will pay it and I guess nobody else could or would. Last fall, it was a great week for the pool room as gamblers from all over the country flocked to watch the match between Alex and Tony. There was action for a solid week afterward. And it's a lot easier than getting ready for a tournament

beatle

Verified Member
your smart dennis you see the things most dont especially the suckers that go off without a chance. most great pool players arent smart enough to make a good game. they think its all about how well you shoot. but then its the backers that put up the all money for the broke ones.

i would suspect these two are splitting the show up money and have a tiny piece of the win.
and i cant see anyone in their right mind putting up the money for tony so there has to have been some deal worked out previously on payments..

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Tony has apparently gone into full on pool and One Pocket focus for this home stretch prior to this match, so he is definitely planning to be "ready"!!

beatle

Verified Member
they are so very close when playing their best. i suspect with this match tony will be ready and play more carefully in the right spots and sell out less often.

so this match might show who is the better player. barring a large luck factor.