Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Someone's gotta keep you straight:).

Buddy did carom the 12 off the 9 but just before the 12 hit the 8 ball, the 9 hit the 12 and put much more speed on it sending it into the 3 ball and knocking it loose. If not for this it would have worked out well.

View attachment 5061

He left Mizerak here:

View attachment 5062
That was the problem with that shot, a ball leaking out. If you notice the position of the 3 ball before Buddy shot, it wasn't that much of a surprise that it came out...considering how the 8-13-and 4 balls are positioned suggested if the 8 ball was hit on the top part of the ball the 3 ball looked like it had to come out. That's just another reason why pool is such an interesting game, many things to figure out and sometimes you just have to gamble that the balls roll in your favor.

Billy I.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
There were just two things I didn't like about that carom combo shot (that Buddy shot) -- one was that those two balls didn't go as they lay anyway, so why not look elsewhere, and two, something might leak out (which the 3-ball did, and even if it didn't something else might have).

But just look at the results. It looks like every friggin ball moved except the 7-ball! Buddy probably likes the results anyway, lol...

naji

Verified Member
That was the problem with that shot, a ball leaking out. If you notice the position of the 3 ball before Buddy shot, it wasn't that much of a surprise that it came out...considering how the 8-13-and 4 balls are positioned suggested if the 8 ball was hit on the top part of the ball the 3 ball looked like it had to come out. That's just another reason why pool is such an interesting game, many things to figure out and sometimes you just have to gamble that the balls roll in your favor.

Billy I.

I would have liked to keep Obstacle balls (9 &12) at my opponent side to close the bank route, with too much time at the comfort of my chair, it looks like taking a scratch and put CB near upper corner Mizz side, and let the Mizz deal with it from there. If Mizz decide not to shoot and Budd on two i would then thin the 3 for safe if there is no better shot angle on the combo next to 3 ball.
But i agree with you sometimes you have to gamble hoping pool GOD is with you

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
That is why I would..

That is why I would..

Someone's gotta keep you straight:).

Buddy did carom the 12 off the 9 but just before the 12 hit the 8 ball, the 9 hit the 12 and put much more speed on it sending it into the 3 ball and knocking it loose. If not for this it would have worked out well.

View attachment 5061

He left Mizerak here:

View attachment 5062

have avoided the leaking ball by...banking the seven 3 rails and freezing to the stack. Making sure I dont touch the two ball cub on his side. Those are negative, for him, balls on his side. I want to get a chance to use them against him later when maybe my position to use them might be better, by putting him behind them or sending them both over to my side..

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That is why I would have avoided the leaking ball by...banking the seven 3 rails and freezing to the stack. Making sure I dont touch the two ball cub on his side. Those are negative, for him, balls on his side. I want to get a chance to use them against him later when maybe my position to use them might be better, by putting him behind them or sending them both over to my side..

Beard

Exactly the same thing you wrote in post#???, shit. I can't find it now:D. The package is on the way Freddy. Thanks again.

RBL

bergencountybil

my shot

my shot

I think I'd bank the ball and kiss the other towards my pocket, with drawing the rock up right top (buddy can execute this) and you may get a sweeper depending on how all the kisses react. With the score as it is I might want to get agressive. Especially agressive since he's playing the Miz.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
The problem with Buddy's shot to me was the speed of the shot. He had to hit it a ton to move that many balls that far. Of course the three was gonna come out when you load up like that.

Also, Billy, I can't identify the 12 but I really don't see any stripe Miz can bank in that mess. Maybe a kick? A carom or a kick/carom?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Post-Mortem

Post-Mortem

Exactly the same thing you wrote in post#???, shit. I can't find it now:D. The package is on the way Freddy. Thanks again.

RBL

I have become like many others, a post-mortem poster. You can never go wrong if you already know what happened.

Seriously, I had already thunk it and made a "mental" post of my opinion.

Beard