Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke#3

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Depending on how I am playing. One, just stop the cue and fire in the bank. Two shoot the straight in and draw back for the 15.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would shoot the 10 and draw the cb just enough to get a nice bank on the 1 ball, pocket speed, with very little risk. I don't like drawing enough to go after a long and difficult shot on the other stripe.

mosconiac

Verified Member
I'd take it one tiny step further....I'd draw back off the 10B a bit more so I could bank the 5B & lock the CB on the 1B. If I miss, the 5B is hidden & my opponent would be bridging over a ball to bank either ball on his side.

IF I miss the 5B, my opponent sees this.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I'd take it one tiny step further....I'd draw back off the 10B a bit more so I could bank the 5B & lock the CB on the 1B. If I miss, the 5B is hidden & my opponent would be bridging over a ball to bank either ball on his side.

IF I miss the 5B, my opponent sees this.

Yep. That's the shot Mosconiac. I remember the match and I'm positive nobody in here would do what Miz did, except maybe me. It was tragic. By the way, Buddy is playing good. I was watching him just now at Music City and Nevel beat him 11-8 but Buddy had a strange miscue in the last game or it might have been different..............

SJDinPHX

Suspended
AS USUAL..The idiot, RBL, forgot to say whose shot it was !!! God save us from such incompetency ?.. (they are both the same size you know..moron !)

PS...Also, no game score,...I can't deal with this !!!..:eek:..The All Zaniest site is better than this:..Now when the lunatic wakes up, he will try and make you'all look stupid, by telling you it was Buddy's shot...! :rolleyes:

C:cool::cool:L Duck <---Knows an idiot, when he sees one, aargh !! :([/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I would pocket the 10 and roll around the table for a shot on the 15.......

Attachments

• Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke#3 - OnePocket.png
    Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke#3 - OnePocket.png
    537.7 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I remember the match and I'm positive nobody in here would do what Miz did, except maybe me. It was tragic. ..............

I'm thinking then, that maybe The Miz, (non-banker, straight pool player/champion that he was) shot Ace's shot, but loaded up with that inside english he rattled it and missed it, and then Buddy ran out...

Myself, I'm banking the 1 or the 5, like 99% of One Pocket players would do.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
AS USUAL..The idiot, RBL, forgot to say whose shot it was !!! God save us from such incompetency ?.. (they are both the same size you know..moron !)Actually the Miz is the one who looks like he just ate Efren!

PS...Also, no game score,...I can't deal with this !!!Get your abacus out...5 balls on table and Miz needs 2...do the math..The All Zaniest site is better than thisI am personally and solely responsible for naming the site the All-Zaniness site, please use proper terminology in the future...Now when the lunatic wakes up, he will try and make y'allY'all??? Are you from "down south??? look stupid, by telling you it was Buddy's shot...!It was Buddy's shot you idiot:eek:

C:cool::cool:L Duck <---Knows an idiot, when he sees one, aargh !! I told you to get rid of the 75 mirrors in your house:p

Why don't you just stick to something you know something about, like posting pics of ugly and fat girls? It's all you're good at you know.

P.S. I'm off till monday night.

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I'm thinking then, that maybe The Miz, (non-banker, straight pool player/champion that he was) shot Ace's shot, but loaded up with that inside english he rattled it and missed it, and then Buddy ran out...

- Ghost

I knew JB had given up the ghost to some sharp-eyed player.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

- Ghost

I knew JB had given up the ghost to some sharp-eyed player.

Yes. He is sharp, that Ghost is. Sorry about that. Especially after you had just outlined how much trouble it is to post these shot scenarios. Nevertheless it is still a good selection and a good lesson to all of the young people who might glean a tip which is ' If you are going to play one pocket play the one pocket shots' and 'If you cannot play opposite handed or if you are too fat or short to reach a shot, do something else that is also good which he had available. I could always shoot left handed pretty good by telling my arm to move by itself and telling the rest of my body to go dead and not move. I also found that shooting behind my back like the Pinoys was very easy to do and wondered why some people made a big deal of it....

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I cant comment my computer screen just isnt wide enough to get both players in it!!!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would pocket the 10 and roll around the table for a shot on the 15.......

Ace, I think that's also what I would have shot given that the angle looks like it was there and I'm right-handed and 6' 1". Unfortunately for Miz he loaded it up to shoot it and he missed. It was his last shot of the match.

Strawberry's commentary is sad but it's true:

"I think when it gets down towards the end everybody plays just basic one-pocket, they don't try nothing fancy (Mizerak shoots), look at this guy here man, can you believe this?"

Miz's Miss.jpg

Mizerak gave his own commentary on his shot:

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

This match was a mostly well-played match with a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes by both players. Hall, after breaking game 4 and selling out the 5 ball which Mizerak promptly missed was then left this for his first shot after his break. He missed it this badly. We all have games like that now & then but it always surprises us when top players have them.

Hall's Miss.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
If we all just listen to the Ghost, we would be just fine.

Dear tonygreen sir,

If we all listened to the Ghost, we'd all be DEAD...:eek:...Not to mention, thin skinned, terribly mis-guided regarding the female anatomy, unbelievably stupid at one pocket, and a 'whiney cat'...Saddest of all, those are his GOOD POINTS !...:sorry

View attachment 5198

PS.....:p :p :p

Last edited: