Spring Melee in Memphis regional members tournament signup thread

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'll get the bracket/schedule printed up sometime early/middle next week and post a pic of it. rules meeting/calcutta at 7PM on friday....everyone will play at least once first evening.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Why is this tournament 3 days? 24-player races to 3/2 should be two days at the most.

Only 8 tables and we have actual scheduled start times for each match. You get to eat or take a little break if your match ends early and your bracket isn't behind. we get done by 9-10:00 each day for matching up...we like to put our priority on that rather than running late night matches as this is a highly social event. After 5 MOTs we also know our players and most of us aren't run out players so matches just take a little longer. Friday might actually run a little later than usual. When we had 16 it was two days and we ran a bank Friday night. The early approx. 8:00pm finish time on Sunday makes this tournament more accessible for members that drive 4-5 hrs and work on Monday. Most everybody shows up Wed or Thurs anyway. No shortage of action or fun at this one Peter. Dustin will post the brackets and scheduled start times for each match soon so you can see the time frames. If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or call me. John

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I might not make it even though I really want to...

I might not make it even though I really want to...

I am paid, and I hate to say it, but I am questionable to be able to attend this. It might be too tough for me to leave work obligations.

So if someone is interested, they should at the very least get on the waiting list because my spot is unfortunately likely to become available.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Is there going to be the banks tournament like last year?

Unlikely unless someone besides me wants to put one together for Thursday night. I'm sure Rowsey would love to have one. I probably wont get there myself until Friday afternoon this time as I'm always slammed with work until the end of May. I know I'm going to have to put in some extra long hours as it is to get enough time off to come.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I dont want to speak for anybody but I'm sure one of our members or even a local could put something together for Thrusday night if there is enough interest. Keep in mind Friday we will be using all the tables to midnight or so. John

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
only 8 tables and we have actual scheduled start times for each match. You get to eat or take a little break if your match ends early and your bracket isn't behind. We get done by 9-10:00 each day for matching up...we like to put our priority on that rather than running late night matches as this is a highly social event. After 5 mots we also know our players and most of us aren't run out players so matches just take a little longer. Friday might actually run a little later than usual. When we had 16 it was two days and we ran a bank friday night. The early approx. 8:00pm finish time on sunday makes this tournament more accessible for members that drive 4-5 hrs and work on monday. Most everybody shows up wed or thurs anyway. No shortage of action or fun at this one peter. dustin will post the brackets and scheduled start times for each match soon so you can see the time frames. if you have any questions please feel free to ask here or call me. John

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I’m am confused which is a natural state for me. Southaven has dedicated eight tables for us to use? Are there more tables we can get for action? Asking for a friend.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I’m am confused which is a natural state for me. Southaven has dedicated eight tables for us to use? Are there more tables we can get for action? Asking for a friend.

They only have 8 - 9ft. Which he keeps in great shape. With our schedule we should have plenty of time for action:heh. Of course my pool cue disapeared while I was in Louisville so I might have to play with a broomstick but I'm having a hard time finding a good shaft for it. ....lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
They only have 8 - 9ft. Which he keeps in great shape. With our schedule we should have plenty of time for action:heh. Of course my pool cue disapeared while I was in Louisville so I might have to play with a broomstick but I'm having a hard time finding a good shaft for it. ....lol

What type of cue you looking to own? I have a few, what’s your price range? I have a one of a kind Cognoscenti that I’ll give you a 10% break. Just $9565. We could play for it with you giving me the right spot. Seniors spot.:heh

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
What type of cue you looking to own? I have a few, what’s your price range? I have a one of a kind Cognoscenti that I’ll give you a 10% break. Just $9565. We could play for it with you giving me the right spot. Seniors spot.:heh

So your saying 10 % is 956.50, at that price I might take it.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
So your saying 10 % is 956.50, at that price I might take it.

So about a $1000? I have several cues that would qualify. Mezz, Hunter, Cognoscenti (add 500) send photos? Defrost that brain, your decimals are off, just a little. Credit needed? Trip to Bahamas qualifies a discount.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
So about a $1000? I have several cues that would qualify. Mezz, Hunter, Cognoscenti (add 500) send photos? Defrost that brain, your decimals are off, just a little. Credit needed? Trip to Bahamas qualifies a discount.

If those women want to fly me to Bahamas to do a few bee rescues and lessons, I guess I will waive my no flying policy. I will not take my friends who have all of a sudden became "expert bee wranglers " with me...lol

As for the cues I already got a replacement but I'm looking for a radial pin LD shaft for it. I think yours are a little out of my price range, but thanks anyway

Some people ask me why as likely dead money I waste my money traveling around going to these tournaments. They dont understand that over the years going back and forth on here, playing in tournaments, matching up etc I think a lot of us consider each other close friends and even family. Well maybe not Mitch...

I actually had one of our brothers on here who found out i lost my cue offer to give me a really nice replacement cue. Of course I had just bought one so I couldn't accept...damn....
Now how cool is that.

Last edited: