Spotted ball in the big match with Dennis and Scott

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
The table in use for this match has a ball return. I want to know where they are keeping their pocketed balls?
I noticed at lease a couple of times when Dennis pocketed a ball at the far end of the table and it has to go on the spot that Dennis brought up another ball to spot and not the ball that was made. That should be the only ball in the ball return box. Did he reach for a ball out of his tray?

Scott asked him to spot the original ball that was a light colored ball and Dennis complied. Of course each time he did this he spotted a dark solid ball like the six or seven. And when a stripe ball was involved he was careful to put the darker side toward Scott.

Was this on purpose or coincidence? If on purpose he's a sneaky little devil, but I don't blame him.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
The table in use for this match has a ball return. I want to know where they are keeping their pocketed balls?
I noticed at lease a couple of times when Dennis pocketed a ball at the far end of the table and it has to go on the spot that Dennis brought up another ball to spot and not the ball that was made. That should be the only ball in the ball return box. Did he reach for a ball out of his tray?

Scott asked him to spot the original ball that was a light colored ball and Dennis complied. Of course each time he did this he spotted a dark solid ball like the six or seven. And when a stripe ball was involved he was careful to put the darker side toward Scott.

Was this on purpose or coincidence? If on purpose he's a sneaky little devil, but I don't blame him.

on purpose. absolutely. be mindful how those balls are spotted. and don't ever, ever (talking to you mitch ;)) leave your opponent a sloppy/target spot.

good eye from da barber.....

beatle

Verified Member
of course you try it. and if the fool accepts it he gets the shaft.
just like letting someone arrange the balls for the break when he is racking for himself. i would never let a good player rack for himself or arrange balls.
also try to put spotted balls slightly lower as most undercut a ball.
of course for 10 bucks a game with a square shooter you should never do any of this stuff.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Spotted ball in the big match with Dennis and Scott

on purpose. absolutely. be mindful how those balls are spotted. and don't ever, ever (talking to you mitch ;)) leave your opponent a sloppy/target spot.

good eye from da barber.....

Heh. Numbers up like you taught me, Miller 👍

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fwiw
ken shuman who refs most accustats matches
always spots the balls with the number pointed up and the stripe parrallel to the table bed