sometimes just for fun

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
tonight I got a call to come to a bar, the owner said someone wanted to play some sets of 9 ball for 50...okay I went it was a young guy who plays pretty sporty...he lost the bar closed...he told me he wanted to play one pocket...okay come to my house...now its 3 something in the morning and I have decided I am way too old for this xxit...he never got more than 2 balls per game...

now I will pay for this for the next two days...trying to recover from my addiction to pool...any of ya'll do this stuff still...

B

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Two/three years ago, when I was only 78, I played in the $30 entry fee monthly one pocket tournament at California Billiards. We started play at around 1:30 pm. At 6:30 am I won the tournament going undefeated. My last two matches were Amar Kang and Joey Barnes, who I had put on the one loss side earlier. My friend Eric Krause had his motor home there and said ‘You must be tired, you can sleep a few hours in the van‘. I was so jacked up I said no, I am driving the 2 1/2 hours home, and I did. I was dead for two days, but it was worth it. Best one pocket I can ever remember playing. I almost killed myself for $600, and hope I get to try again if/when things loosen up again.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Two/three years ago, when I was only 78, I played in the $30 entry fee monthly one pocket tournament at California Billiards. We started play at around 1:30 pm. At 6:30 am I won the tournament going undefeated. My last two matches were Amar Kang and Joey Barnes, who I had put on the one loss side earlier. My friend Eric Krause had his motor home there and said ‘You must be tired, you can sleep a few hours in the van‘. I was so jacked up I said no, I am driving the 2 1/2 hours home, and I did. I was dead for two days, but it was worth it. Best one pocket I can ever remember playing. I almost killed myself for $600, and hope I get to try again if/when things loosen up again.

John, in my book, that puts you in the Stud category.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I watched that whole set john and I had to stop in Vacaville and sleep for an hour so I did not kill my self and all i had to do was watch. no doubt on the stud category

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
That was an epic night John. You played fantastic one pocket and deserved to win. And you blew your cover as an old man who can't hang with the younger guys anymore. I gave up as a spectator at 2:30am and limped home. Someday I hope I grow up to play just like you...

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
It is funny before the lock down I would play til between 1-3 am and be up by 6 every Monday through Thursday and catch up a bit on weekends now I am asleep by 7 and up at 5

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
You're getting too much sleep, Chris. Don't you know there are thousands of hours of 1p matches to watch on youtube?

I watched that whole set john and I had to stop in Vacaville and sleep for an hour so I did not kill my self and all i had to do was watch. no doubt on the stud category