*** So Here WE Go Again ***

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Certain members kept insisting for a video of me backwards cutting a ball that is NOT frozen to a cushion! The cue ball is positioned approx. at a 87 degree angle to the 9 ball!

I will be posting 1 video, with 2 different camera angles, a front angle view and a pocket angle view.

Front angle view:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg1EXIAyes[/ame]

Pocket angle view:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJP8bETPqg[/ame]

In case anyone is interested, this is how I measured the shot in the NEW video so it would be LESS than a 90 degree cut, from the left edge of the CB to the right edge of the OB, see diagram.

Sorry for the 3C table, I don't know what happened to my pool table jpg.

View attachment 8384

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Certain members kept insisting for a video of me backwards cutting a ball that is NOT frozen to a cushion! The cue ball is positioned approx. at a 87 degree angle to the 9 ball!

I will be posting 1 video, with 2 different camera angles, a front angle view and a pocket angle view.

Front angle view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg1EXIAyes

Pocket angle view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJP8bETPqg

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Well you did it. Cut it back ack wards. I wouldn't cut nobody that deep with my hawkbill knife. Great shot. I'd still be there knocking the damn paint off of those balls trying to get them in.

Eagleshot

From
Philadelphia, PA
My first post on this forum

My first post on this forum

I have followed the previous thread and held my opinion to myself, after this video I feel I must comment.

While this current video is an impressive cut shot it is by no means even remotely similar to your previous shots. It baffles me that you are obviously an experienced player and cannot see the difference.

If you wish to "Prove" your pure stroke can accomplish feats which defy the laws of physics. Please provide video of the following:

You, using your god gifted pure stroke, shooting "shot #3" from the previous thread with the object ball off the rail by an inch (verified by an overhead camera angle).

Sir I do not know you, I am sure you are a fine human being - but that shot just don't go.

I will gladly apologize when the above video is posted.

Mark Nanashee

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I have followed the previous thread and held my opinion to myself, after this video I feel I must comment.

While this current video is an impressive cut shot it is by no means even remotely similar to your previous shots. It baffles me that you are obviously an experienced player and cannot see the difference.

If you wish to "Prove" your pure stroke can accomplish feats which defy the laws of physics. Please provide video of the following:

You, using your god gifted pure stroke, shooting "shot #3" from the previous thread with the object ball off the rail by an inch (verified by an overhead camera angle).

Sir I do not know you, I am sure you are a fine human being - but that shot just don't go.

Mark Nanashee

Mark; Nice to see you finally decided to join the site and make this your FIRST post.

First of all, I'm not trying to PROOF anything, I'm merely demonstrated some difficult shots, I, or the person shooting the video are NOT professional photographers, and this is in a PUBLIC billiard room, I can't just do what ever I'd like there!

Now, as to the previous shot, (#3), or 2 and 1. With the OB off the cushion, it's possible, by cutting the OB so thin, the CB may come off the cushion and hit the OB using, "inside English!" Plus I have better idea of how to AIM at that shot when the OB is frozen!

I posted this video from 2 different angles, (the ones I thought would be helpful) to show that an OB can be cut backwards past a 90 DEGREE ANGLE, that's all!

It seems to me that you're a little disturbed by the phrase, "a pure stroke," whether you believe or not that part of the correct technique to accomplish these shots is a, "pure, perfectly timed, straight-thru stroke," is not relevant. You have your opinion, I have mine!

I'm not looking for you to apologize, and I'm certainly not looking to PROVE something to you! I'm just trying to INFORM members of what is possible if you have knowledge of certain techniques, that's all!

So, once again, this post is about demonstrating a, "backwards cut shot of LESS than 90 degrees!"

I'm curious why you chose after a month of joining for this to be your FIRST post!

Respectfully;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. I don't know if you are a pool/billiard player, but since you said you don't know me. I invite you to visit my website: http://mr3cushion.com I think You'll find it interesting, informative and entertaining.

Eagleshot

From
Philadelphia, PA
I fear this is futile.

It was poor judgement on my part to choose this topic as my first post here. I have been a member of another forum in good standing since 2006. Many on this board know me and I do not hide my name and take shots from a dark corner, hence my signature.

I am sorry for my utilization of "pure stroke" in my response, I can see how you may have taken offense.

It is my belief that the shot you were referring to and seem to be defending with the new video is a rail first shot or at best a ball / rail / ball kiss.

I do not believe I can convince you.

So unfortunately we are at an impasse.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Mark Nanashee

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I fear this is futile.

It was poor judgement on my part to choose this topic as my first post here. I have been a member of another forum in good standing since 2006. Many on this board know me and I do not hide my name and take shots from a dark corner, hence my signature.

I am sorry for my utilization of "pure stroke" in my response, I can see how you may have taken offense.

It is my belief that the shot you were referring to and (NOT) seem to be defending with the new video is a rail first shot or at best a ball / rail / ball kiss.

I do not believe I can convince you.

So unfortunately we are at an impasse.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Mark Nanashee

Mark; Thank you for your sincere and honest reply.

But, So, once again, this post is about demonstrating a, "backwards cut shot of LESS than 90 degrees!"

Take care;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Mark Nanashee

You are most welcome to the site :)

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I'm not sure what the point is of your video.. It's hard to tell how thin of a cut it is. If you had a top view it might be more demonstrative.

This one always impressed me.

It's from a fixed point that one can set up and try for themselves.

Dudley

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSKh1PSqok[/ame]

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I'm not sure what the point is of your video.. It's hard to tell how thin of a cut it is. If you had a top view it might be more demonstrative.

This one always impressed me.

It's from a fixed point that one can set up and try for themselves.

Dudley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSKh1PSqok

All I can say is, Bob shoots the shot from the position he feels comfortable, and, I shoot it from mine!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. I should of noticed sooner, your from Northern Ca. Then I wouldn't of expected anything different then YOUR reply!

backplaying

Verified Member
Lets not worry about a, "C" player making the shot! Let see YOU, setup the shot. an 87 degree backwards cut and video it so we can see YOU make it!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

I will for the cash! I don't think you would want to play me some.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I will for the cash! I don't think you would want to play me some.

Back; You've have my standard offer to ANYONE on this forum.
I'll play you, one n one, race to 5 playing one pocket and 50 pts. of 3Cushion.

NOW, YOU can bet what ever you like, SIR! You got the ball! Or should I say BALLS!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. That's what I thought, SILENCE!

Last edited:

backplaying

Verified Member
Back; You've have my standard offer to ANYONE on this forum.
I'll play you, one n one, race to 5 playing one pocket and 50 pts. of 3Cushion.

NOW, YOU can bet what ever you like, SIR! You got the ball! Or should I say BALLS!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. That's what I thought, SILENCE!

Well, as I'm sure you know, I don't know how to play 3 cushion, but I will play you banks, 10 ball, 9 ball or 1 pocket, and you can bet what you want. Or you can set up the cut shot in the video and I'll pick a C player out of the crowd to shoot it, and bet they make it. Or I'll set up the cut a little harder than you did and bet I make it. I'll also bet you hit rail first on the other video. P.S. I didn't know I was on a 3 cushion forum. Now, what was that about crickets?

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I'm not sure what the point is of your video..

It is to demonstrate a backwards cut of 87 degrees! Cmon. lmfao

I bet I could tape the butt of a house cue in between my toes and make this shot within an hour. I would need a good, comfortable couch to sit on however, and maybe a budweiser or two within arms reach.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
It is to demonstrate a backwards cut of 87 degrees! Cmon. lmfao

I bet I could tape the butt of a house cue in between my toes and make this shot within an hour. I would need a good, comfortable couch to sit on however, and maybe a budweiser or two within arms reach.

I thought you were a Blue Ribbon man. I remember drinking a lot of Blue Ribbon when I was 15-17. There was a store we all went to called Geddings. He had an in with the sheriff and he sold beer to anyone that had the price of the beer. Blue Ribbon was five cent per can cheaper than Bud in the joints. It started to give me headaches too often so at the legal drinking age of 18, I did switch to Bud and never left. At that time I remember two guys would come in together sometimes and only had enough for one beer between them. One would drink half and the other guy would finish it. Lots of PO Folks were around here...

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I thought you were a Blue Ribbon man. I remember drinking a lot of Blue Ribbon when I was 15-17. There was a store we all went to called Geddings. He had an in with the sheriff and he sold beer to anyone that had the price of the beer. Blue Ribbon was five cent per can cheaper than Bud in the joints. It started to give me headaches too often so at the legal drinking age of 18, I did switch to Bud and never left. At that time I remember two guys would come in together sometimes and only had enough for one beer between them. One would drink half and the other guy would finish it. Lots of PO Folks were around here...

I sincerely love your posts.

For this particular challenge, bud seemed appropriate.

I love thinking about my cheap beer drinking life chronology. The gist would be I went from little micky grenades and 40's.... to getting really stupid and pretentious and drinking only stuff like newcastle and guiness. Now, I have wisened up and got back to my roots. It is a total faux pas to go to a party in CA with a 40 oz beer nowadays. I have no idea why. I figure that is one of the reasons i bring a couple with me - to help dull the stupid judgements of the morons who can't appreciate the environmentally friendly nature of a 40 oz beer (for the uninitiated, less surface area - ie trash - to volume ratio with a 40). That is the funny thing... it is "in" to be green, yet you're out with a 40. Oh, I prefer miller and mickey's 40's now, unless cases of bud or blue ribbon go on sale.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Well, as I'm sure you know, I don't know how to play 3 cushion, but I will play you banks, 10 ball, 9 ball or 1 pocket, and you can bet what you want. Or you can set up the cut shot in the video and I'll pick a C player out of the crowd to shoot it, and bet they make it. Or I'll set up the cut a little harder than you did and bet I make it. I'll also bet you hit rail first on the other video. P.S. I didn't know I was on a 3 cushion forum. Now, what was that about crickets?

This was your sentence in the post! I don't think you would want to play me some

Play Some what? I said one and one, I didn't even say just 3Cushion and knowingly having YOU 1000% locked up, I gave you a half ass chance with pool! I haven't played POOL for over 45 years and I'll play the way I said. If YOU can't beat a guy coming off the bench after that length of time, then YOU CAN'T beat any of those "C" players you keep bragging about! Maybe, I'm just thinking maybe, YOU aren't much better than a "C" player. Also, YOU might be another one of these guys that's just another. "anonymous keyboard gambler!"

Listen, if you're just woofn, don't waste my time, I know that's easy to do behind a keyboard. If we were in a pool room face to face I might not even know you're in the room.

You got my offer, either it's Yeh or Neh, if it's Yeh, I'll post $5,000.00 thru PAY PAL with Steve Booth, that's all. DONE!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Here's another issue, YOU know who I am, I don't know who YOU (anonymous) are, and I'll still play. Hell, I might be in a stone cold trap, but that's what a PLAYER does when they KNOW what they're doing! They GET UP and PLAY!

P.P.S. To ALL the members, First of all, I'm not trying to PROOF anything, I'm merely demonstrated some difficult shots! I posted this video from 2 different angles, (the ones I thought would be helpful) to show that an OB can be cut backwards past a 90 DEGREE ANGLE, that's all!

It seems to me that there were some a little disturbed by the phrase, "a pure stroke," whether you believe or not that part of the correct technique to accomplish these shots is a, "pure, perfectly timed, straight-thru stroke," I do, this is my opinion on how the shot can be made! I'm just trying to INFORM members of what is possible if you have knowledge of certain techniques, that's all! So, once again, this post is about demonstrating a, "backwards cut shot of LESS than 90 degrees!"

Last edited: