Shuff v. Compton WWYD #1

Miller

Verified Member
"Somewhere between two and a billion fools lies the power to persuade even highly intelligent, seemingly rational people of absurdities." -- philhellenes

Rod.
"you are what your record says you are"
bill parcells
;)

pvclou

Verified Member
Shuff v. Compton WWYD #1

"Somewhere between two and a billion fools lies the power to persuade even highly intelligent, seemingly rational people of absurdities." -- philhellenes

Rod.

Where did you find that, Rod?

LSJohn

Verified Member
"you are what your record says you are"
bill parcells
;)
"I don'tknow whether or not you don't know it or not, but all I can tell you is, it's like, I mean you know, them boys over there are, I mean, what the hell, see what I'm sayin?
Rufus Bascomb

wincardona

Verified Member
:focus

I mentioned in my first post in the thread that I also thought banking the 8ball was a good option providing you feel good about the cue ball, I still do. Actually, banking the 8ball may of been a better choice than the two railer because of the way the balls are positioned. For a player like Schuff who pockets and runs balls as well as he does, banking the 8ball was a good choice because of his upside. Yes Schuff's upside by banking the 8ball, in comparison to Compton's upside is much higher, and because of that I don't condemn him for his choice, I actually like it.

Dr. Bill;)

Miller

Verified Member

I mentioned in my first post in the thread that I also thought banking the 8ball was a good option providing you feel good about the cue ball, I still do. Actually, banking the 8ball may of been a better choice than the two railer because of the way the balls are positioned. For a player like Schuff who pockets and runs balls as well as he does, banking the 8ball was a good choice because of his upside. Yes Schuff's upside by banking the 8ball, in comparison to Compton's upside is much higher, and because of that I don't condemn him for his choice, I actually like it.

Dr. Bill;)
"don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining..."
-outlaw josey wales
:D

Miller

Verified Member

Dr. Bill;)
so the deuce wasn't the correct shot?
:confused:

wincardona

Verified Member
so the deuce wasn't the correct shot?
:confused:
The 2ball is also a good option for many. The players that can draw the cue ball 6" to near the top rail would be the player that the 2ball option would suit best. Actually unlike I previously mentioned, if you make the 2ball you're not paid off big time because of your ball running potential from where the cue ball will end up. The option actually plays out better if the 2ball is missed..kinda, that's how close it is. However, that's not true with the 8ball bank option, because of the "upside" with the ball running potential with the shot. You can actually get seven balls if you pocket the bank, pretty good for this position and the options available, wouldn't you say? Looks like your downside would be less than your upside would be more. Not a bad way to look at it, for a gambler.:D

Dr. Bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Leave your woman out of this..:lol:lol You see pool like life has a food chain.. On this site im the lion... you have some wolves and hyenas.. some buzzards.. some rodents.. etc...in this pool food chain your like the annoying gnats that buzz around the antelopes nut sack. :sorry:lol:lol
Brings to mind the cowboy and the DPS
DPS guy stops the CB for a lane change violation in the middle of a deserted stretch of desert highway.
He's writing the ticket and brushing away at these pesky flies (gnats) and the CB says, " Back home we call those Circle Flys"
The DPS guy says, "whys that?"
CB says "because when we're out tending the cattle they circle our horses ass"
DPS guy keeps writing the ticket, then looks up at the cowboy and says, "Are you calling me a horses ass?"
Cowboy says, "No Sir!"
Long pause............ "But it's hard to fool them Circle Flys!"

LSJohn

Verified Member
Brings to mind the cowboy and the DPS
DPS guy stops the CB for a lane change violation in the middle of a deserted stretch of desert highway.
He's writing the ticket and brushing away at these pesky flies (gnats) and the CB says, " Back home we call those Circle Flys"
The DPS guy says, "whys that?"
CB says "because when we're out tending the cattle they circle our horses ass"
DPS guy keeps writing the ticket, then looks up at the cowboy and says, "Are you calling me a horses ass?"
Cowboy says, "No Sir!"
Long pause............ "But it's hard to fool them Circle Flys!"
:lol :lol :lol

wincardona

Verified Member
The 2ball is also a good option for many. The players that can draw the cue ball 6" to near the top rail would be the player that the 2ball option would suit best. Actually unlike I previously mentioned, if you make the 2ball you're not paid off big time because of your ball running potential from where the cue ball will end up. The option actually plays out better if the 2ball is missed..kinda, that's how close it is. However, that's not true with the 8ball bank option, because of the "upside" with the ball running potential with the shot. You can actually get seven balls if you pocket the bank, pretty good for this position and the options available, wouldn't you say? Looks like your downside would be less than your upside would be more. Not a bad way to look at it, for a gambler.:D

Dr. Bill
For many players this option will appear to be too risky (8ball) However, my point is that the gamble here with choosing the 8ball option isn't a bad gamble for some players because of the potential vs the risk factor. I believe Schuff opted to choose the option not only because of the upside with the option but also because of the down side being somewhat limited..in terms of how the balls are positioned for his opponent.

Try looking at this situation by choosing the 8ball bank in this way. If we could set up this exact position and choose the 8ball bank as the option chosen and play it out 10 times counting the number of balls the shooter (Schuff) would accumulate in the 10 tries, and add up the total number of balls that his opponent would accumulate when the 8ball was missed I believe that the shooter would be on the plus side of the final count. If true, then the 8ball option would be a viable option, but like I mentioned..better for some than for others. Think about it under those terms, if you can.

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
For many players this option will appear to be too risky (8ball) However, my point is that the gamble here with choosing the 8ball option isn't a bad gamble for some players because of the potential vs the risk factor. I believe Schuff opted to choose the option not only because of the upside with the option but also because of the down side being somewhat limited..in terms of how the balls are positioned for his opponent.

Try looking at this situation by choosing the 8ball bank in this way. If we could set up this exact position and choose the 8ball bank as the option chosen and play it out 10 times counting the number of balls the shooter (Schuff) would accumulate in the 10 tries, and add up the total number of balls that his opponent would accumulate when the 8ball was missed I believe that the shooter would be on the plus side of the final count. If true, then the 8ball option would be a viable option, but like I mentioned..better for some than for others. Think about it under those terms, if you can.

Dr. Bill
Regarding ball-running potential banking the 8... where is the CB going if it doesn't run into the 5? I think it figures to run into the 10 or 11, and it looks very possible to me for it to end up on or near the top rail. I don't think I'd play offense from there unless the 13 is wired off the 1, and I can hit it.

Goes without saying that ball-running potential for most of us is considerably less than for Shuff. If you think my concerns have merit, what do you recommend for normal :D humans?