Shuff v. Compton WWYD #1

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Good thing too... one full-figured girl up there with you and you'd collapse the whole framework. :D
Leave your woman out of this..:lol:lol You see pool like life has a food chain.. On this site im the lion... you have some wolves and hyenas.. some buzzards.. some rodents.. etc...in this pool food chain your like the annoying gnats that buzz around the antelopes nut sack. :sorry:lol:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
In this situation I think I would kick behind the 6 ball.

The problem is that Chip has the balls on his side.

If you can get behind the 6 and force him to play off of it on his next inning you might begin to remove the balls from his side.

The 2 rail with low right is an option but it is risky if you hit one of the balls in the middle of the table and you really haven't created much.

Its the right shot for me and I dont care about making it. My main objective would to leave the cue ball on the rail and if he wants to shoot a three or four ball combination, .......I do play from shot to shot mainly because its not chess and the balls move places you cant project. For me, the long game fits into this also with me getting another inning to get into a better position

Wayne

Verified Member
You might want to read my posts more closely. I said there were MANY different options if the shooter elects to shoot the 2 railer. It depends on what the shooter does with the cue ball. If they elect to draw the cue ball like some suggested then the 9 ball in the side and freezing to the 13/1 is an easy option. The fact is there are million ways you get screwed by shooting the 2 railer and 2 ways that are good. Play the percentages.
Yes I did read it and I didn't see where anyone was drawing the cueball several feet to give the angle you would need on the 9 ball. Otherwise it was not an easy option. The 2 railer on the 2 seems very simple to me and better than taking a foul on a frozen 6 ball that is no threat. If it isn't frozen (certainly appears it is) then I might take that option.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
LOL :sorry that is something Im keeping to myself... seeing how remembering it just raised my game 3 balls ( and thats no bullshit) The Hacker has his arsenal back... so in other words im on the top tier on this site by myself.. :eek:
Thats the problem with being on the top, its lonely. (Your friendly rodent)

wincardona

Verified Member
One final post for doubters of the two railer on the 2ball, maybe this will open up some closed minds that the Hacker clouded.

The two railer on the 2ball was the correct shot because of the ball running potential Compton had if the two railer was missed. As you can see, despite the fact that Compton was given a very good shot on the stripe after Schuff played a poor cue ball, Compton only got two balls. How many would he have gotten from the top rail near frozen?:heh

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
On this site im the lion...
Actually, you're not...:sorry...close, but no cigar - you can be the cheetah or the jaguar, or maybe a smaller lion..:heh :p.....as my post on the top ten thread from several days ago stated ----->

I'll leave you with this mystery-fact...

There are two members who haven't been mentioned yet, who would positively be ranked in the top 7 of the top ten list - and one of them goes on the top of the list @ #1....:eek: :eek:...anybody know who they are?...

- Gh
st
And nobody ever did come up with the names of either of those two mystery members...

- Poltergeist

Last edited:

Wayne

Verified Member
Shannon Daulton for sure. Someone mentioned Elllerman who would qualify and if McCready decided to get serious he would be tough.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Shannon Daulton for sure. Someone mentioned Elllerman who would qualify and if McCready decided to get serious he would be tough.
Bingo!...yep, Shannon is a onepocket.org member, and is the resident lion, although he hasn't posted for a few years.

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Bingo!...yep, Shannon is a onepocket.org member, and is the resident lion, although he hasn't posted for a few years.
Ghost I think Billie was referring to people who post regularly or semi regularly. Obviously if you included Shannon he would be tops. I have never seen or heard a post from him.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
One final post for doubters of the two railer on the 2ball, maybe this will open up some closed minds that the Hacker clouded.

The two railer on the 2ball was the correct shot because of the ball running potential Compton had if the two railer was missed. As you can see, despite the fact that Compton was given a very good shot on the stripe after Schuff played a poor cue ball, Compton only got two balls. How many would he have gotten from the top rail near frozen?:heh

Dr. Bill
First off the only reason he didn't run all the balls is because he missed the 6 CARELESSLY... By all means if you want to count on your opponent missing a duck thats a helluva strategy:rolleyes: like I already said Bill if you make it or hang it than its a good shot otherwise it isn't worth shit.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Yes I did read it and I didn't see where anyone was drawing the cueball several feet to give the angle you would need on the 9 ball. Otherwise it was not an easy option. The 2 railer on the 2 seems very simple to me and better than taking a foul on a frozen 6 ball that is no threat. If it isn't frozen (certainly appears it is) then I might take that option.
I kicked at the 6 ball didn't get a rail but you are behind it...I owe a ball.. whats your response shot?

P.S. if you think the 6 ball is not a threat let me save you the suspense.... you better look for a different opponent

unoperro

Verified Member
I like what Varner advocated..thin the 14 send whitey tomiddle of end rail.
There is about a foot of room there..6" into the rail 6" out from the rail.

Dr. Bill you know a Chicago Grinder wouldnt be happy with giving up anything.
You really dont play to only give up a few balls do you?

Wayne

Verified Member
I kicked at the 6 ball didn't get a rail but you are behind it...I owe a ball.. whats your response shot?
OK. We will assume we both kick equally well. You just kicked 2 rails and left the cueball perfectly behind the 6 without getting a rail.

I would kick 2 rails and take a foul and leave you frozen behind the 14 ball.

Now what's your response shot? You are on 2 fouls. (Brandon had taken a foul the shot prior to this shot).

wincardona

Verified Member
First off the only reason he didn't run all the balls is because he missed the 6 CARELESSLY... By all means if you want to count on your opponent missing a duck thats a helluva strategy:rolleyes: like I already said Bill if you make it or hang it than its a good shot otherwise it isn't worth shit.
Let's get real, there's reasons why knowledgeable players like you and Wayne go round and round relentlessly when trying to
present sound reasoning to support their choices, it's because their choices have merit. The 2ball is a viable option for those who feel that it can be executed right. And when you say the only way it's any good is either you make it or hang it is a crock. There are probably 50 places the 2ball can stop in other than making or hanging it that would persuade you to address it. In regard to the kick, yes the kick on the 6ball is also a viable option and one that most players would probably choose because it's the more conservative choice. Yes it's a more comfortable shot to choose, but it's not the only one. In this situation I wouldn't mind being the player who dictates, I'll remedy it using that strategy enough to choose that method. To each his own but when you say the 2ball option ain't worth "dick" you sound rediculous. Cabbage Head.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
OK. We will assume we both kick equally well. You just kicked 2 rails and left the cueball perfectly behind the 6 without getting a rail.

I would kick 2 rails and take a foul and leave you frozen behind the 14 ball.

Now what's your response shot? You are on 2 fouls. (Brandon had taken a foul the shot prior to this shot).
First where do you see that Brandon took a foul the shot prior? Just because he owes 2 doesn't mean one was last inning... anyhow i would then go off the 13 ball down to the end rail by the 6 ball.. your shot.. thanks for giving up a ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Lads: Hennie said at the git-go that no one announced that the 6 ball was frozen. So for all practical purposes, the 6 is NOT frozen.

~Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Lads: Hennie said at the git-go that no one announced that the 6 ball was frozen. So for all practical purposes, the 6 is NOT frozen.

~Doc
I know Doc and Hennie never said brandon was on a foul but just to prove a point that the kick on the 6 ball is a better shot than the sucker 2 railer i will give them all the benefits. The fact is Doc putting the cue ball anywhere even near the end ril by the 6 ball gets you a better turn the next time at the table.

jrhendy

Verified Member
So Brandon shot the wrong shot, hit it badly and still won the game.:D

I think in a scenario like this where you have many options, you have to pick a shot you feel you can execute, not necessarily the most tactical shot. Many think the two railer is almost a hanger, and others want to kick at the six two rails. I feel comfortable shooting it like Bill Stroud suggests and bending it a little.

Different strokes for different folks.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
So Brandon shot the wrong shot, hit it badly and still won the game.:D

I think in a scenario like this where you have many options, you have to pick a shot you feel you can execute, not necessarily the most tactical shot. Many think the two railer is almost a hanger, and others want to kick at the six two rails. I feel comfortable shooting it like Bill Stroud suggests and bending it a little.

Different strokes for different folks.
If its available I like bending it over the kick also John. I just can't tell if it is. The fact is if you get the cue ball near the 6 ball you will have a better shot the next time you come to the table.