Shot selection threads

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I certainly dont feel there should be any time limit, after all this is america. Bill you have been one of the biggest offenders of prolonging threads in the past. If you just imposed a 24 hour limit on yourself the threads would move along alot quicker. keith

Keith, you're correct, I have been one of the biggest offenders with the prolonging of threads:eek: However, it takes others to keep it going, true? I am all about teaching, and yes I have a strong head when it comes to debating. Unfortunately at times things get heated and then we drift from the core of the topic and that's what I really want to get away from. I'm trying to make a suggestion that Imo would help solve the problems with this constant arguing of.. back and forth...which actually underminds the instructional value in the thread.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Keith, you're correct, I have been one of the biggest offenders with the prolonging of threads:eek: However, it takes others to keep it going, true? I am all about teaching, and yes I have a strong head when it comes to debating. Unfortunately at times things get heated and then we drift from the core of the topic and that's what I really want to get away from. I'm trying to make a suggestion that Imo would help solve the problems with this constant arguing of.. back and forth...which actually underminds the instructional value in the thread.

Dr. Bill

Were cool Billy. I think we can keep the WWYD scenarios on a friendly discussion basis. I think we both love a little trash talk but some members dont and since we dont own the site, I personally will tone it down. I must admit I did like getting you steamed :p:sorry You are still my favorite commentator.:D
P.S. where the hell has Freddy been?

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I posted a dozen such threads and I got the impression that I infringing on the few who posted them often prior to me.

I recently purchased a few from Pat F. and I'd be happy to post and follow up in 48 hours within starting a thread.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Okay, I'm in - not hard to please. I believe I printed out the recipe for using Greenshot, and I have match DVD's. I will try to produce something for the troops to inspect. :):):)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Okay, I'm in - not hard to please. I believe I printed out the recipe for using Greenshot, and I have match DVD's. I will try to produce something for the troops to inspect. :):):)

V-man, (Bill),

Are you are trying to embarass me ?..Who do you think you are, Bill Gates ?..You are older than dirt. :rolleyes:......How can
you possibly learn Greensh*t ? :confused:

Tony G. and Tyler, are probably 50 yrs. younger than you (or me) so I would expect them to be computer savvy...But YOU..! :lol :lol :lol

SuperDumb at Computers Duck <--Promises, if you learn to post Greensh*t, he will at least try to learn how to respond/edit..(maybe)..
The 'balls' are in your court !..:eek:

PS..Dr.Billy I...is a pretty smart guy, (and lots younger than YOU)..and he can't do sh*t..:p

View attachment 7136

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, dagnab it, you obstreperous old canard!! Who do you think you are, to question my manual dexterity at the monitor? (either hand). If you were a baseball player, you would be a Houston Astro - have some of that. I hope you catch the incurable ptomaine and lockjaw and live to be 400 years old. :heh The very idea. You give me heartburn. :eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
V-man, (Bill),

Are you are trying to embarass me ?..Who do you think you are, Bill Gates ?..You are older than dirt. :rolleyes:......How can
you possibly learn Greensh*t ? :confused:

Tony G. and Tyler, are probably 50 yrs. younger than you (or me) so I would expect them to be computer savvy...But YOU..! :lol :lol :lol

SuperDumb at Computers Duck <--Promises, if you learn to post Greensh*t, he will at least try to learn how to respond/edit..(maybe)..
The 'balls' are in your court !..:eek:

PS..Dr.Billy I...is a pretty smart guy, (and lots younger than YOU)..and he can't do sh*t..:p

View attachment 7136
dick
based on the photo you provided
it seems your computer technique is perfect.....:lol

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Hi guys!

First I want to apologize to anyone that I have been guilty of not finishing up any outstanding projects I have out there. I truly am sorry for my prolonged delay.

I am trying to get back in the swing of things and get back to contributing again:)

This past year has sucked the big one, but I'm ready to try and put it behind me.

In response to this thread, I am offering a one on one session with anyone that wants to learn Greenshot and how to post a diagram, either as a new thread or in response to a existing one. I would need you to allow me to remote into your PC so we can work together as if we were sitting next to each other (for training purposes mind you:eek:) I would have you go to a website that is one of the most popular sites used by all the big businesses for remote work, and have you initialize a app that allows me to remote in.

I need a User ID and password from you generated by the app, so I can't just get in without your info that only you see. We then establish phone contact and proceed to "learn you":) You see everything I do with the mouse and keyboard, both of us can use the mouse and keybaord at any point... when we are done, you disconnect me and the app goes away. It is never installed on your PC in any way. It is ran temporarily and as soon as I am disconnected, it vanishes from memory and is no more.

It really is the only way to train someone, and is highly effective as we both are looking at the same thing and can both interact with each other in real time.

So anyone that wants to learn, I am available to teach you.. just shoot me a PM with some contact info and what times are good for you, we can then finalize something. It really is easy to do and by the time we are done, I will have you post a new thread of a shot and we'll also have you reply to a existing one so you have both bases covered.

There's no time limit of this offer, so whenever is convienent. Feel free to make a list of other things you would like to discuss or other PC issues you have and I can look into those at the same time.

Looking forward to becoming active again and finishing up my incomplete projects and producing some new ones. Coming up soon, I'll have the Semi's and Finals of the 1994 US Open Onepocket from the VHS tapes I converted that sappo so graciously provided us here. Anyone wanting to see some Cliff Joyner and our very own in-house Dr. of OnePocket play some championship pool from almost 20 years ago, stay tuned!

(ps.. SB, I'll give you a call soon, missed your call)

(and for all of you that sent me PM's in the past, I appreciate all your support and good wishes.. thanks!)

For now,

Greg

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
24 hour

24 hour

I suggest there be for members a mandatory viewing of the site on a daily basis. Thereby we CAN have 24 hour limits on WWYS. we could change it, as one brilliant person suggested a few days earlier, to: Why Would You Shoot. Or we could do like they are starting to do with the freeways that I have already paid my taxes to build and maintain, start a toll thread. Anyway, for some one who I USED to respect, "A time limit"??? What the fu)$$ are you smoking? Send some immediately.

AND GHOAST PLEASE CONTAIN YOURSELF!!!! One more out burst like your previous in this thread and your commie red card will be pulled. As a matter of fact, turn in your pocket Mao Tse sung, little red book. :lol:lol

Obviously these threads of asking what you would do and having it turn into nasty name calling is affecting many of the posters. Now it is out in the open, I say, let's just agree to disagree, without the derision and with a little more sensitivity towards our fellow players. Now if any of you )$($ don't f$8$$!/ agree the you can (@$));(6$ you 7(@7)$@7.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I use the Greenshot program, which is pretty simple. It is actually a lot like "Paint" but maybe even simpler, because once you set it it up (also very simple), it takes care of the saving of your screen shot consistently without having to chose a place every time.

I have had Calired and other computer technicians remote log in to my computers both here at home and at the office, and never any issues -- just a great relief to get things fixed and done quickly and right!

I recommend anyone who is interested take up Calired's offer -- he'll have you set up with Green shot in just a few minutes. By the way, Greenshot is one of thos nice simple and non-intrusive programs -- it is there if you want it, but it does not bug you and remind of ANYTHING in all the time I have had it. It also does not use much at all in the way of your computer resources -- i.e. it is a small program and the files that it creates for your images are also small, so no worries there either.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
remote

remote

access to your machine is the way to go. Just to add to what CaliRed stated, take him up on this offer. There are dozens of applications including ........."goto my pc"
"team viewer"
"bomgar"
"copilot"
"vnc"
all of which have options to allow viewing only as well , many have reservations in regard to pc security. These apps can allow restriction for your support person to view only as opposed to allowing them full control.

additionally and this is just a suggestion maybe Cali or someone else could make a avi or mpeg file with screen capture of a simple tutorial to show the steps to create a W.W.Y.D. thread. The movie file could be stored here at 1pkt.org or emailed (these days many ISP's allow 20 mb file sized attachments) to user's requesting it.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
additionally and this is just a suggestion maybe Cali or someone else could make a avi or mpeg file with screen capture of a simple tutorial to show the steps to create a W.W.Y.D. thread. The movie file could be stored here at 1pkt.org or emailed (these days many ISP's allow 20 mb file sized attachments) to user's requesting it.

ahhh... but I have done that already :) Granted, it's several years old now, so the install might be slightly different but it's pretty much the same. I'm a bit of a rambler but if you got some time to kill. Videos are good, because you can pause as you practice along with it. I think the sound might be kind of low on it, but if you're on a laptop, maybe use some headphones.

Maybe I'll make another one, and try to be more brief. I tend to explain everything when I get going.:)

Part 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVubDE1VfhA[/ame]

Part 2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROWnzAJZwU[/ame]

Part 3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_uXIfmvK8[/ame]

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I use the Greenshot program, which is pretty simple. It is actually a lot like "Paint" but maybe even simpler, because once you set it it up (also very simple), it takes care of the saving of your screen shot consistently without having to chose a place every time.

I have had Calired and other computer technicians remote log in to my computers both here at home and at the office, and never any issues -- just a great relief to get things fixed and done quickly and right!

I recommend anyone who is interested take up Calired's offer -- he'll have you set up with Green shot in just a few minutes. By the way, Greenshot is one of thos nice simple and non-intrusive programs -- it is there if you want it, but it does not bug you and remind of ANYTHING in all the time I have had it. It also does not use much at all in the way of your computer resources -- i.e. it is a small program and the files that it creates for your images are also small, so no worries there either.

I can certainly verify all of this. I learned greenshit in just a few minutes. I have also had someone to remote in on my pc (not about greenshit). It let them move the cursor on my pc like they were right there with me. I usually don't even pause the picture when I take a shot. I just click capture region and it locks in as soon as you click it. Here is an example. Louie Roberts playing one pocket with Strawberry. I actually could have made a wwyd on this but it is old and balls are hard to see, so it's just a test. St Louie Lou was down a game and down one ball here. Immediate gratification is what he wants and he is ready to go. He looked at the one. Looked at the combo. But now he is looking at hitting the six much fuller and letting it carom off the 13 and send the 12 right into his hole which he is facing. A major shot in this game. Anyone want to guess what he did and what occurred?? This was the first one pocket tournament accustats covered, I think. Dr. Bill and Danny D were in the box providing expert analysis.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hey y'all or you all as a yankee might say
(p.s. GOOOOOOOOOOO YANKEEEEEEEESSSSSSS)
at 4:41 tommorrow'
ill be finishing my tennis lesson
so i may go over the time limit
that doesnt mean the switch is off and you guys can be jerks to each other
if you go back to threads from 2 years or longer
check out the threads with long post counts