From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
ok i agree with greyghost
lets hear your reasoning between
the lock miz shot
and the agressive shot of rod that sjd and bstroud like
critique them both and why
Both shots are good, providing they lay right, It looks like Rods shot is a little flat to comfortably reposition the cue ball up table. Perhaps it was and Miz liked the shot he chose for that reason, but Miz's shot was still a good shot regardless.

Rod's and SJD shot is more of a gamble than the shot that Miz shot, but either shot can be effective. With Miz's shot you lock your opponent up frozen to the pack leaving your opponent with very limited options, and nothing offensive to shoot.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
the lock miz shot

I'm not much of a results player but if Miz made the ball he'd be in a little trouble. :eek: If one went on the other shot the shooter might get out.;)
Rod.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Greyghost said:
its a lower % shot imop but still very nice and very effective moving more of the pack to your side but you could be off an inch and sell out the lower ball and then they bank one of the balls you pushed by your hole and maybe run quite a few if everything went right for them an not you lol.........

but the other shot is more of a lock to me as i have that ball by my hole and and whitey is tied down and no matter which way they go I'll be able to either shoot their corner balls out and safe the CB back bh my vantage side of the stack.

Or the leave the rock on my side and then YOUR SHOT HAPPENS so instead of only having 2-3 balls on my side of the table I now have 4-6 balls on my side.....

i love your shot but i'm thinking sequence here..........and the possible larger gain by playing this sequence and what could possibly be profited % wise by shooting this sequence in stead of leading with your choice.....

of course its always somewhat subjective to the individual but this came to my mind and I would love to hear as much conversation on this comparison as I/we can.........

awesome shot ROD!!!!,
-Grey GHost-
MR Gray Goast. I like a old style shot from her.Shot the ball in the side pocket and frezze the cue ball on the first dimond on the end rail.

And the next shooter will have to do something. That he will make a mistake. And the 14 ball I think is the head ball that will go in the left hand corner pocket.

And youre opponent can not go too the bottom rail because he will give you a cross corner bank. He is in a little bit off trouble.

And if he hits the stack from the end rail the ball will come out wright in front off youre pocket. And he cant shoot the two balls in front off his pocket either.

Were the balls are and the cue ball it favores the other players pocket. It will be a very touchie situation. That would be mei shot. Very simple and not hard to execuite. Howe do we get Dippy to tell us what he would shoot?

bstroud

Verified Member
I think what Artie suggested is a good choice for a weaker player than Miz.

I am always reluctant to move a ball that is near the side pocket on my opponents' side. It is a good blocker for end rail banks and serves as interference because it is only makeable from a few places.

Bill S.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bstroud said:
I think what Artie suggested is a good choice for a weaker player than Miz.

I am always reluctant to move a ball that is near the side pocket on my opponents' side. It is a good blocker for end rail banks and serves as interference because it is only makeable from a few places.

Bill S.
Breacking up the balls and going into the stack is not always the correct shot. Because a lot off things can happen. And you are not controing the game or the next shot.

You can assume what would happen but itsall guess work.

If you can control the game you have the edge and the power.

JUst for the shot I picket. not weather you would agree or dis agree with the shot.

What shot would you shoot from the position I said that I would pocket the ball. And leave the cue ball froze on the first dimond.?

I am Courious what shot you and other players would shoot from that position. I think you will be in a trick spot.

What would you shot because I dont see a easy shot from that position.Is Dippy on her. What do you think his dhot choose would be.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Breacking up the balls and going into the stack is not always the correct shot. Because a lot off things can happen. And you are not controing the game or the next shot.

You can assume what would happen but itsall guess work.

If you can control the game you have the edge and the power.

JUst for the shot I picket. not weather you would agree or dis agree with the shot.

What shot would you shoot from the position I said that I would pocket the ball. And leave the cue ball froze on the first dimond.?

I am Courious what shot you and other players would shoot from that position. I think you will be in a trick spot.

What would you shot because I dont see a easy shot from that position.Is Dippy on her. What do you think his dhot choose would be.

Billy you dont have to be reluctent too move the ball from the side pocket to get a bank. Thier are two balls by your pocket already blocking youre bank.

And the reason I like that shot it puts my opponent in a tough situation. Were he can make a mistake and he cant do much from that position.

He is on deffense. AS long as you keep your opponent locket up or on deffense he realy cant shoot no strong or power shot.

And you want to keep controle off the game and your shot.

bstroud

Verified Member
Artie,

Looking at where the ball in the side would spot up? It looks like it might be headed toward Mizs' opponents pocket.

If that were the case from the end rail I would kick 2 rails to Mizs' side of the 14? and let the cue ball go up near the side pocket. It's a shot I like to shoot and have a lot of confidence in.

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I am Courious what shot you and other players would shoot from that position.

I'd shoot at this and hope I didn't leave a shot on the 14 ball.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
lll said:
the lock miz shot

ok sure thing brother.......i read other posts and some great thoughts such from everyone, but i'll give my personal thoughts as soon as I can just busy right now trying to make the correct moves so i can get my grey a** over to caspers for the one pocket tournament as its hard to control chaos in one hole it is also such way in life..........

i will outmove it and get there or i aint the Grey Ghost.........patience and I shall show up and give my reason for my madness in my sequence selection etc.....

-Grey Ghost-

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
I'd shoot at this and hope I didn't leave a shot on the 14 ball.
Rod.

This shot is a strong option as the answer to Arties shot, and i'm sure that a top player would recognize this shot as an option. Frank A. shot is also an answer to Arties shot but from the angle he's left with he wont be able to play position on the 14 ball. I would choose your shot as the better option and go with it.

I like your answer to the break as well, but I feel you need more of an angle then the one that is offered to comfortably controll the cue ball off of. For that reason I like the shot that Miz chose, but if your shot offered a better angle I would for certain choose your shot.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Sorry Duck, Didn't have room to go to the side rail.:mad: Added a little English for ya.:D Hows this.
Rod.
PS,I'm using a big CB.

I would like to offer my opinion on how to shoot this shot and why. I like shooting this shot the way you initially did by sending the cue ball directly to the top rail about 1 1/2 diamonds from the pocket as close to the rail as possible. My reasoning for playing it this way is three fold, the first is that you have better controll of the cue ball in terms of speed, the second is you can shoot it with a harder speed and get better action with the pack, and thirdly it will be more difficult for your opponent to negotiate a return shot from the angle that he is left with. He will most likely be left with a sharper angle and one that he will have less margin for with possible kick shots. Just a more difficult angle to deal with.

By the way the position of the striped ball which you are using to open up the balls with carries the angle that is more conducive to go directly to the back rail. If the striped ball would of been positioned 6 or so inches closer to the side rail on your opponents side the angle would of then suggested to go Dick's route to the side rail first with the cue ball.

Billy I.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I would like to offer my opinion on how to shoot this shot and why. I like shooting this shot the way you initially did by sending the cue ball directly to the top rail about 1 1/2 diamonds from the pocket as close to the rail as possible. My reasoning for playing it this way is three fold, the first is that you have better controll of the cue ball in terms of speed, the second is you can shoot it with a harder speed and get better action with the pack, and thirdly it will be more difficult for your opponent to negotiate a return shot from the angle that he is left with. He will most likely be left with a sharper angle and one that he will have less margin for with possible kick shots. Just a more difficult angle to deal with.

By the way the position of the striped ball which you are using to open up the balls with carries the angle that is more conducive to go directly to the back rail. If the striped ball would of been positioned 6 or so inches closer to the side rail on your opponents side the angle would of then suggested to go Dick's route to the side rail first with the cue ball.

Billy I.
I her you but without knoweing were the balls will be . Howe can anyone give a answer not knoweing were the balls are. The cue ball is fine.

But if you dont no were the balls are going to be howe can they answer thier own qouistion? It could be a great shoot if you can show the position were the balls will end up.

Or you could make it real bad for youreself. But the only way this can be answered is to see were alll the balls are and what youre opponent can do. But If you but all the balls were you think they will be . Thjen I can come up with a answer.

BUt IF I dont see were the balls are I dont think I could give a correct amswer. Because I dont see the whole problem.

But I like the cue ball were you are going with the cue ball. I like that a lot. But It the balls dont breack wright you can be in big trouble.

And On the shot I choose thier are lots of bad things that can happen. If you shoot the cue ball to hard or too soft. And you realy araent doing much were youre opponent will have a tough shoot too shoot back at you.

I see a real strong shot from the end rail. But it would take a Eferine Alex shane or a great player too execuite the shot. A bigginner or average player will make a big mistake off the shot.

If I would pick a player too shoot the shot it would he shane. Because he shoots great off the rail and controles the cue ball.

And shooting the rail first shot If both balls end up on the bottom rail you will give youre opponent a free shoot to run out. For that shot too work at all you have too hit the balls and cue ball very good and very good speed. And you are still not traping him.

But Thats why one pocket is such a great game. Everyone sees something different.

Dippy would bank the ball into the stack and leave the cue ball down the end rail. And I would say that 95% off the playerswould shoot that shot. And maybe 0ne out off 50 players would shoot my shot.

A player like Varner or Jimmy Fousco might shoot my shot. Because they want too have complete control. But If I would explain the shot too Buddy Hall Why I would shoot my shot. I think he would shoot my shoot. Especialy if it was the winning game off the match.

Thier is no way Scott Cliff or Gab would shoot my shot. Scoot playes to open up the balls and then get a shot and run all the balls. And Cliff plays the same style. Were Gab plays a little moore deffensive. And Alex And Corry duel would also shoot the ball into the stack.

I would say the two best moder players too coach would he Cory Duel and Shane.

And Alex is like Scoot he loves too shoot. And what would be the game with Shane and Dippy. Playing one pocket.

If they play I would love too coach Shane. Or Cory Duel. They have the personality and they are pool smart and they will see wright away.

Why those shots would be better for them too shoot.

FAT BOY howe do you think Dippy and Shane should play. Ger Shane a backer for 40 or 50 thousand dollaers. And let me coach Shane and see what Happines.

You no a lot off wealthy people. What do you think. And Shane playes hard for the money. Erick. What do you think. Can you get it done. If you can then all thats left is for Dippy and Shanne agree too the game they will play. And I think a lot off people would want too back Shane. He just won the alaround at the DCC. Let me No ??????

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I her you but without knoweing were the balls will be . Howe can anyone give a answer not knoweing were the balls are. The cue ball is fine.

But if you dont no were the balls are going to be howe can they answer thier own qouistion? It could be a great shoot if you can show the position were the balls will end up.

Or you could make it real bad for youreself. But the only way this can be answered is to see were alll the balls are and what youre opponent can do. But If you but all the balls were you think they will be . Thjen I can come up with a answer.

BUt IF I dont see were the balls are I dont think I could give a correct amswer. Because I dont see the whole problem.

But I like the cue ball were you are going with the cue ball. I like that a lot. But It the balls dont breack wright you can be in big trouble.

And On the shot I choose thier are lots of bad things that can happen. If you shoot the cue ball to hard or too soft. And you realy araent doing much were youre opponent will have a tough shoot too shoot back at you.

I see a real strong shot from the end rail. But it would take a Eferine Alex shane or a great player too execuite the shot. A bigginner or average player will make a big mistake off the shot.

If I would pick a player too shoot the shot it would he shane. Because he shoots great off the rail and controles the cue ball.

And shooting the rail first shot If both balls end up on the bottom rail you will give youre opponent a free shoot to run out. For that shot too work at all you have too hit the balls and cue ball very good and very good speed. And you are still not traping him.

But Thats why one pocket is such a great game. Everyone sees something different.

Dippy would bank the ball into the stack and leave the cue ball down the end rail. And I would say that 95% off the playerswould shoot that shot. And maybe 0ne out off 50 players would shoot my shot.

A player like Varner or Jimmy Fousco might shoot my shot. Because they want too have complete control. But If I would explain the shot too Buddy Hall Why I would shoot my shot. I think he would shoot my shoot. Especialy if it was the winning game off the match.

Thier is no way Scott Cliff or Gab would shoot my shot. Scoot playes to open up the balls and then get a shot and run all the balls. And Cliff plays the same style. Were Gab plays a little moore deffensive. And Alex And Corry duel would also shoot the ball into the stack.

I would say the two best moder players too coach would he Cory Duel and Shane.

And Alex is like Scoot he loves too shoot. And what would be the game with Shane and Dippy. Playing one pocket.

If they play I would love too coach Shane. Or Cory Duel. They have the personality and they are pool smart and they will see wright away.

Why those shots would be better for them too shoot.

FAT BOY howe do you think Dippy and Shane should play. Ger Shane a backer for 40 or 50 thousand dollaers. And let me coach Shane and see what Happines.

You no a lot off wealthy people. What do you think. And Shane playes hard for the money. Erick. What do you think. Can you get it done. If you can then all thats left is for Dippy and Shanne agree too the game they will play. And I think a lot off people would want too back Shane. He just won the alaround at the DCC. Let me No ??????
Artie you're getting me dizzy again when you say you don't know where the balls are going. Whenever you shoot a power shot into the pack it's almost impossible to determine where all the balls will go. This shot is a percentage shot like many shots are, your advantage with this shot is to open the balls up on your side of the table and leave distance as an ally. Nothing is guaranteed it's mostly playing the percentage, if you're looking for a guarantee go to Lloyds Of London, or hit your opponent with a mallet.:eek:

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
Artie you're getting me dizzy again when you say you don't know where the balls are going. Whenever you shoot a power shot into the pack it's almost impossible to determine where all the balls will go. This shot is a percentage shot like many shots are, your advantage with this shot is to open the balls up on your side of the table and leave distance as an ally. Nothing is guaranteed it's mostly playing the percentage, if you're looking for a guarantee go to Lloyds Of London, or hit your opponent with a mallet.:eek:

Billy I.

Many games are completely turned around on this type of shot. I would consider myself lucky to have such a shot...They are just not always there for the taking....:cool:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:
I don't think I would like to tempt a sharp shooter with this shot. Put a man in trouble then he might have to gun away.View attachment 2334[/QUOTE

I undersatand being to precise can work against people mentaly. But thats why I look at the shot and see if I will bank the ball into the stack will the balls go in my favor or go into my opponets favor even more.

WE all no its a power shoot put you still need to have a Idea what will happen.

Its like a player giving you a straight pool shot and the balls will breack open and go to youre oponents side off the table.

And you can even lock yourself up by gambling on the shot we no you will make the ball butwere the balls go can lock you up.

So just shooting a pwer shot is not always the better shot if You can shoot something easier and have more control.

You should have a Idea were the balls will go. Especialy if you are playing a good player.

Howe do you think Shane and Dippy should play. I would like too coach Shane and see what happines. Will my coaching help him or hurt him.

I dont even no if they would play each other. Or who would back shane. It is very hard too try to Explain the game too people. That are very agressive and offensive minded.

And thats how a lote off players think. Like Scott Eferine Alex You Gab and Cliff. You are all playerswho are all offensive minded. And Tharswhat you people play and thought yourself to think that way too.

And Scoot realy goes all out on Offense. Even though I have seen Glipses off him switching too defense. But not too ofren. The only way it can realy be seen andShowen is to go through they whole game .

And see were the mistake was made that cost them they game or they put themselves in a trap. Out off all the great playersthat no one pocket. I think Eddie Kelly would realy see what I am talking about.

Because most people wouldnt want too be bothered with it and just want too shoot. Like You Ronnie Scott Bugs Cliff Alex. And theother side that would not play that offenseive are Parica. Hopkins Varner Kelly. Buddy Hall. Even Shannon has become more off a player then shooter.

They reason I am saying this whants your shooting goes and thats howe thet one. Thier game will go way down. Because the didnt win on Knowledge.

Let me ask you Billy. We both no that Scott playes better one pocket then Shane. Do you think that If I would coach Shane that he could beat Scott Even. I would like too get your opinion.

You have a good opinion. Youre in the top one percent.

What would you make a fair price with Scott ans Shane with me coaching shane. This is just out off two old players.

Who have about seen eveverything and made games thier whole life . And backet a buch off people.

And I think it would be fair too say that we are both ahead off the game in money.

But what would be a far price were you would take 105 and bet on either player.

And some other people can give thier handy cap off the game too. I think it could be a great match.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
vapros said:
Artie, while you are volunteering to coach Shane, better keep in mind that he is legally deaf. :eek:
I thought he could her. You mean he cant her at all? Can a hering aid help him too her. If not then I dont no Howe I could couch him. I dont no sign language.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is the "Line of the Year" so far:) . Put it in the HOF:p .

RBL

Will loyds off LOnden Insure a better shot????

I guess thats why some people like shooting craps.

But I no for big money and rwo great players. That would play 5 ahead. You better no what you are doind on every shot.

Or kiss youre money Good By. I never liket guessing.

Thats Why. People who like to guess. Will yake the opposite side off what I say.

Because if you keep guessing youre realy not learning. And I have seen it my hole life. And If you tell them that they are guessing they. Will switch it and say its a percentage shot.

What I learned either you no what you are doing or you dont. And too play the game correctly Mistake free can only be done if you no what you are doing on every shot. And iliminate the guessing.