vero beach fl
i think the obvious shot is move the 9 to your side and put whitey up table
fs2.jpg
downside is leaving a bank into the line of balls moving them to svbs side:mad:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
another shot i like is to hit the ball on the spot dead on and stop the q frozen to the 2nd ball in the line
he probably will have to move the 9 for you
or come off the ball you froze him to
fs1.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm with lll. Move the 9 ball across and take the cb up the long rail. In other circumstances I might be tempted to over-bank the stripe on the head rail, but not with a 4-1 lead and a fairly good safe available. I don't see anything better here.

timdog24

Verified Member
Another option might be to bank the 9 up table and gently snuggle the cue ball against the wall of balls.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I would probably go off the bottom of the 15 very thinly placing the cue ball where he has to shoot off the rail close to his hole.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
timdog24 said:
Another option might be to bank the 9 up table and gently snuggle the cue ball against the wall of balls.
I like your option. It takes a ball out of play for him and makes it difficult to find a safe place for the cue ball. Forces him to play safe and not get aggressive.

andyk

From
Tucson, Az
I like Lenny's shot. It might open up another ball or two towards scott's side and also protects what is already there. I also like timdog24's option, even placing the 9 ball by scott's side pocket or a little closer. SVB would have no option but to push to the bottom rail. This is probably the shot for me.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like thinning the 9 ball over to my side but i woul hit it with enough speed to bring the cue ball back down table. I dont like disturbing the 4 spotted balls once they are opened it gives SVB manymore options to shoot at. keith

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Definitely

Definitely

timdog24 said:

Strong. Unless you hit it so hard that you blast a hole thru the balls lined up, whatever the oppo does is going to leave you a better shot than you just had.

BEard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
timdog24 said:
That's what came to my mind also. Removes a ball from opponent's side, pushes it up table and leaves nothing. All good with a 4-1 lead.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-08-26_08-58-18.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-08-26_08-58-18.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0

timdog24

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Strong. Unless you hit it so hard that you blast a hole thru the balls lined up, whatever the oppo does is going to leave you a better shot than you just had.

BEard

I like it a little better than thinning the 9 to my side and going up table like III mentioned because it leaves no air. SVB is forced to play a very passive shot, probably thinning the stack and putting the cue ball on the bottom rail. If you leave him up table, you are still in good position, but he a lot more has options. He can see all the balls. He can move a ball to his side, maybe cross bank a ball if it lays right, etc.
Unless, of course you butcher the shot like Beard said and go through the stack. :eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
timdog24 said:
I like it a little better than thinning the 9 to my side and going up table like III mentioned because it leaves no air. SVB is forced to play a very passive shot, probably thinning the stack and putting the cue ball on the bottom rail. If you leave him up table, you are still in good position, but he a lot more has options. He can see all the balls. He can move a ball to his side, maybe cross bank a ball if it lays right, etc.
Unless, of course you butcher the shot like Beard said and go through the stack. :eek:
it looked to me you would have to cut the 9 to the right to get the q to the line of balls leaving it on svbs side and you would have to hit it harder maybe so you couldnt "snuggle"up so easily

i liked the idea of using the lineup as a place to leave the q that was the reasoning behind my other shot choice

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
P.S. It looks like Scott might have been the one that spotted that last ball, favoring his pocket a bit.
That line of four balls had been barely hit on SVB's shot. The 2 & 15 were no longer frozen I believe.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
timdog24 said:
This is what Scott shot and he floated the cueball gently to the 2 and just hit the 8 with it.

SF's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it for SVB:

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
skin implied i need a new opthomolgist and he could be right:D
somehow i didnt think the angle was right to do that:eek: :mad: :(
at least i feel good that that was the first thing i wanted to do:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is what Scott shot and he floated the cueball gently to the 2 and just hit the 8 with it.

View attachment 3732

Here's how he left it for SVB:

View attachment 3733
I notice a subtle difference between the way I diagrammed this shot (post 11) and the way Frost actually played it. The difference being that Scott hit it a little harder than I diagrammed, but more straight ahead -- since he was hitting the shot with less of a cut angle, that meant he could hit it a little harder and still just snuggle up to the line-up -- and hitting it harder left the object ball a little further downtable on his own side. Good thinking, Scott.