Scott Frost vs Alex Pagulayan Fight Night

azbombero

Usually play Cue Club when in Vegas but drove over to Good Timez in morning to check it out. Sign said 24 hours but locked up tight. No hours posted outside so WTF. Beat it over to Cue Club rest of the day. Locals told me seats going for $100 for match. Guess they should be open then. LOL

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Back to the topic at hand...

Alex has a not often seen "SUPER-HIGH-HIGH" Gear which comes out to play sometimes. IE when he came back on SVB on the famous TAR 3 (I'm guessing on the number) when all others thought he was dead and dusted down 20ish.

Tough run out after run out and him pumping himself up as he goes. That's the Lion part of the boy. This super octane mode is tough to bring out and maintain. When it materializes everyone needs a spot. Thankfully for the rest of the world Superman's cape is in the cleaners more often than not. Therefore for the money long term Scott = Winner. I watched what happened in LA for that streamed money match and Scott was dead money. Super tough table. Coming in cold (looking like Scottie Pippen's pool boy) and Alex got every roll. Scott just missed, rattled, hung every key ball that lets him out. Alex intern was in beastmode and nailed every tough bank from which certain death follows a miss.

Long term this can't be the case. I'm a Canadian and Alex owns my heart but Scott gets my wallet. Styles make fights. A little tweak and Scott wins the re-match.

Nick

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Back to the topic at hand...

Alex has a not often seen "SUPER-HIGH-HIGH" Gear which comes out to play sometimes. IE when he came back on SVB on the famous TAR 3 (I'm guessing on the number) when all others thought he was dead and dusted down 20ish.

Tough run out after run out and him pumping himself up as he goes. That's the Lion part of the boy. This super octane mode is tough to bring out and maintain. When it materializes everyone needs a spot. Thankfully for the rest of the world Superman's cape is in the cleaners more often than not. Therefore for the money long term Scott = Winner. I watched what happened in LA for that streamed money match and Scott was dead money. Super tough table. Coming in cold (looking like Scottie Pippen's pool boy) and Alex got every roll. Scott just missed, rattled, hung every key ball that lets him out. Alex intern was in beastmode and nailed every tough bank from which certain death follows a miss.

Long term this can't be the case. I'm a Canadian and Alex owns my heart but Scott gets my wallet. Styles make fights. A little tweak and Scott wins the re-match.

Nick

You may be right. I've seen Alex play several sub-par matches.

Maybe he just does that trying to trick us into believing he's human. :)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Can Scott beat Alex? I don't think anyone can in an ahead set.. However for Scott to have his best chance he needs to quit all the moves and dramatics and complaining about the rolls and just simply play pool. There is no need to point out the rolls are going against you. If you are truly getting the worst of the rolls people will see it without you pointing it out. I like Scott but I think he has to work on his mental game for this match with Alex to have a chance.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Can Scott beat Alex? I don't think anyone can in an ahead set.. However for Scott to have his best chance he needs to quit all the moves and dramatics and complaining about the rolls and just simply play pool. There is no need to point out the rolls are going against you. If you are truly getting the worst of the rolls people will see it without you pointing it out. I like Scott but I think he has to work on his mental game for this match with Alex to have a chance.

Totally agree with you, Rob. Let his shooting do the talking.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Shane had mentioned in the past how he wishes his demeanor was as good as Alex's. It's an attribute he admires.

I want Rafael Martinez's demeanor...if he was playing a match at the DCC, and you told him robbers had broken into his room and stole everything he had - he probably wouldn't even change expression, or blink an eye...:eek:...:heh...:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I want Rafael Martinez's demeanor...if he was playing a match at the DCC, and you told him robbers had broken into his room and stole everything he had - he probably wouldn't even change expression, or blink an eye...:eek:...:heh...:D

Heh. Good call.

He may be thinking the same things Scott does, but has the self-discipline to keep it to himself... and his ego doesn't force him to explain it to everyone else.

Personally I like Alex's demeanor better... it takes a little something extra to remain happy-go-lucky when TSHTH.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Once you put it up, it's no longer yours, it's gone. Now you're playing for $50k, nice odds 2/1. :)
Rod.

In poker, pot odds are figured after each bet is made. Simply put, when it's in the pot, it's up for grabs. Difference is, in poker, you have to deal with many other factors, such as implied odds, probability of completing a draw, will your call get raised from behind, and so on. It's a huge factor in poker, because poker is all about percentages and reading your opponents hand strength.

With a heads-up pool match, it's played for the amount agreed upon. Pure and simple. Now if it's staked, and I'm assuming it is, then the players will get what ever % they negotiate from their backer in the event they should win. Used to be 50% of the profit in my playing days, so in this particular match, the winning player would get $12,500.00, plus a 10% bone from side bettors on the rail.

They are playing for $50,000.00, it's in the pot!

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Steve, do you mean cut of the total amount bet at the window( I assume they'll have an official line on this, could be wrong); or do you mean cut of the original purse (50K)?

The 50k.

It doesn't matter how anyone tries to twist it they're betting 25k and that's what you get a cut of.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and put out an hour line on the over and under for this match. I'm setting that number at 26 hours, you can bet over or under, and since I didn't get my bookie license stamped this year, it's just for grins.

How many think under 26?

How many think over 26?

I'm going with the over, and anyone that likes the under can get a sweat bet with me, but I'm not going overboard though, my dance card will be filled at $100.00, total, who wants it?