Scott Frost v.s. Alex Pagulayan U.S. Open

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
TAR has posted a video of Frost vs Pagulayan U.S. Open One Pocket over at AZB. It's a video CaliRed taped and is commentated by Larry Schwartz and newcomer at the mike, Artie Bodendorfer.

It's a nice match but not mistake free, and Artie and Larry do a fine job of commentating IMHO.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1xYvIMjoA[/ame]

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
philwelch said:
TAR has posted a video of Frost vs Pagulayan U.S. Open One Pocket over at AZB. It's a video CaliRed taped and is commentated by Larry Schwartz and newcomer at the mike, Artie Bodendorfer.

It's a nice match but not mistake free, and Artie and Larry do a fine job of commentating IMHO.

As Jack nicklaus said of Tiger Woods,"These guys play a game with wich I'm not familiar. Good jo b on the comentary Artie. You have a great voice and your knowledge of the game comes through well.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Wow! Just watched the match in my hotel room in Kokomo, IN on my laptop which doesn't have a sound card. I can't wait to get home so I can watch it with sound and be able to hear Artie and Larry commentate. What a treat.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yeah this was yet another great match at a great tournament. Even though I was there, I still missed a lot -- including all the commentary, since there was no way to hear unless you were part of the crew. Watching now, you don't have to miss anything -- in fact, you can pause & rewind and review key points.

Is there any way to slomo or frame by frame advance, btw?

Thanks again, Calired (and TAR).

big slim

cecil tugwell

cecil tugwell

some one was asking about Cecil Tugwell changing from right handed to left this is the story as told to me by the Serpent himself. He was badly injured in an auto accident that killed his partner and left Cecil with out the use of his right arm he would set in the park across the street from where he lived and would throw rocks at a trash can with his left hand he did this until he could hit the can on most throws he used his left hand more and more because that was all he had one day he decided to try to play pool left handed after all he had the knowledge of the game as time went by he developed as a left handed player. I always thought he was a top player for the money although The BEARD would disagree . I dont know many players who would want to fade his action day after day. He did not like looseing was a very bad looser and would drink a bit. In the 60,s he was feared as a right handed player and later as a lefty, Hope he is doing well Big slim

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
big slim said:
some one was asking about Cecil Tugwell changing from right handed to left this is the story as told to me by the Serpent himself. He was badly injured in an auto accident that killed his partner and left Cecil with out the use of his right arm he would set in the park across the street from where he lived and would throw rocks at a trash can with his left hand he did this until he could hit the can on most throws he used his left hand more and more because that was all he had one day he decided to try to play pool left handed after all he had the knowledge of the game as time went by he developed as a left handed player. I always thought he was a top player for the money although The BEARD would disagree . I dont know many players who would want to fade his action day after day. He did not like looseing was a very bad looser and would drink a bit. In the 60,s he was feared as a right handed player and later as a lefty, Hope he is doing well Big slim

do you know he passed away recently?
http://www.onepocket.org/CecilTugwellMemorial.htm