Scott Frost Technique

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
artie just about every champion except for you and scott hold the q the way it was pictured and described in the books
so it works for almost all the champions

many people in the hall of fame according to you dont know how to play the game of one pocket "correctly"
yet they are in the hall of fame because they WON
and how they played "worked for them"
so even if it worked for them you still think there is a "correct" way

well even if how you hold the cue worked for you it is not correct.
just my opinion

I said if it works for you do it your way. Scott and me do it our way because that is how we tought ourselves.

And if the other way works for you do it that way. And if it works both ways then thier is nothing too talk about.

I cant pick a side if its a tie and both ways work. Thier is no error either way.

And her is my finale answer on the tie. If booth ways work and they are both correct and thier is no error or mistake.

THen the onlyanswer I see both ways are correct. Just two different ways off doing it.

I think thats pretty clear.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
artie just about every champion except for you and scott hold the q the way it was pictured and described in the books
so it works for almost all the champions

many people in the hall of fame according to you dont know how to play the game of one pocket "correctly"
yet they are in the hall of fame because they WON
and how they played "worked for them"
so even if it worked for them you still think there is a "correct" way

well even if how you hold the cue worked for you it is not correct.
just my opinion[/QUOTE

I will answer this. This is about fundametals. this does not compair too shot selections. Its a different catagory.

People do the same thing in a different way. And fundamentals comes down too what works for you.

My answer would be exoerament try everything and oit off all the things you tried. Choose the one that you use to execuite the shot. And if you dont find the answer too that.

THen use the one that you do it the best with. Or you can use the one you feel comftrable with. Tell you find the one that you can do it with.

If you tried something long enough and it doesnt work. Change and try something different. Pool isa skill game ad too play the game well you will have to be able to execuite.

And If you are poor at Executing then I recomend Highly that you play one pocket.

PLaying nine ball and not makeing any balls cant be much fun. And to enjoy the game.

Even if its for fun or a few dollars play people who play youre speed.

A close game for both players will make it more fun and enjoyable. And a better contest.

And play people who you enjoy playing with or it takes all the fun out off the game.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Roy,

The finger next to the thumb is called the "index" finger.

The middle finger is the "bird" finger which you use to tell someone to **** off or "**** you".

The finger next to the little finger is called the "ring finger" which is where the wife demands you wear that marriage ring on your fingers that announces that you are taken.

The smallest finger is sometimes called the "little finger" or "pinky finger"

The thumb is the short stubby digit that you stick in somebody's eye when you are mad at them.

Just bringing you up to speed.

JoeyA

I've never seen anyone hold it like Scott, being a pro or an amateur :D

I don't know how to explain the way I hold it, I guess I do it the way it should be, using just my thumb and the finger next to the thumb to hold the cue when shooting with the bridge. (Don't know what that finger is called in your language:))

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Roy,

The finger next to the thumb is called the "index" finger.

The middle finger is the "bird" finger which you use to tell someone to **** off or "**** you".

The finger next to the little finger is called the "ring finger" which is where the wife demands you wear that marriage ring on your fingers that announces that you are taken.

The smallest finger is sometimes called the "little finger" or "pinky finger"

The thumb is the short stubby digit that you stick in somebody's eye when you are mad at them.

Just bringing you up to speed.

JoeyA
my grand daughter calls the middle finger "tallman". i kinda like that. keith

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
What I find interesting is this. The Rake handle should Never be inline with the shot if it doesn't have to be....because of two major factors. First, it doesn't allow the shooter to get down on the shot with it sticking in their chest. Secondly....when you position the rake handle (when you can), like the pic of Thorston holding the rake, in a prior post.... your stance/weight of your body position is a hell of allot better when ya pull the trigger. But like Allen Hopkins swing, if it works for you then it's right for you. But 99.9% of pool players should learn the right way to hold the rake before they switch to copy this way to hold the handle.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I've never seen anyone hold it like Scott, being a pro or an amateur :D

I don't know how to explain the way I hold it, I guess I do it the way it should be, using just my thumb and the finger next to the thumb to hold the cue when shooting with the bridge. (Don't know what that finger is called in your language:))

In high class company , it's called yer pointin finger , in pool rooms and bars it's yer pickin finger.
Actually , I asked my wife {shes smart} and she said its yer four finger, I guess you start countin at yer pinkie, as one?

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
Scott Frost Technique

That is pretty strange way to hold the cue wit a bridge. Oddly enough being left handed.......I use my right to stroke the cue when bridging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk