Scott Frost on Running Balls from POP

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I know we had a thread on running balls in one pocket posted by Larry aka III so I thought I would take the time to post a short clip from the chapter in POP (Power One Pocket).

We shot several runs like this in that Chapter, some easier and some harder with Scott explaining why and also goes deeper into talking about insurance balls, angles and other things.

I do hope you enjoy it and do not mind the audio hum, its all being edited now and that issue should be resolved, dealing with poolhall equipment like machines running does not make it easy. :cool:

<object height="745" width="960">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yo5UF-KlAg?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="745" width="960"></object>

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lenny thanks for giving us a "teaser"
should be a great dvd having todays best one pocket player telling us and showing us what hes thinking:)

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
lll said:
lenny thanks for giving us a "teaser"
should be a great dvd having todays best one pocket player telling us and showing us what hes thinking:)

I think its going to be a first from the videos I have seen out there where you have a player like Scott explaining how to run the balls. This was not easy and took time to do as Scott is a rhythm player, he said it was one of the toughest things he had to do and we did several runs like this varying in difficulty for this chapter. There is so much in here that no matter what your ability level and even if your a top player, you will learn from this DVD and improve your game. :)

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
wow!

wow!

fascinating run!

i loved seeing how scott left himself options on certain shots. if he came up a little short or a little long, he had a backup shot. (in my case, if i luck into postition, i nod sagely as if it were part of my ongoing plan. my game is so lame that nobody believes me, but i still have a sagacious nod.)

this is a sidebar question of not much importance? if the pop video were taped over some time, am i correct to surmise that scott wore different clothes? i mean it would be weird to see him in the same top day after day?

it's similar to how movies have sequence coordinators to assure a logical visual flow?

i wouldn't want to be distracted by seeing scott wearing a blue shirt in shots one through five and a red shirt for shots six through eight?

the more i think about my question, the more i'm not quite convinced it's unimportant? as my dear aunt foofy reminds me, children have a way of reminding us of the immediate.

and -- in one-pocket instruction -- the lesson could be obscured by the immediacy of costume irregularities? sort of like wardrobe malfunctions?

just a thought!

authenticity is my life,

sunny

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sunnyone said:
fascinating run!

i loved seeing how scott left himself options on certain shots. if he came up a little short or a little long, he had a backup shot. (in my case, if i luck into postition, i nod sagely as if it were part of my ongoing plan. my game is so lame that nobody believes me, but i still have a sagacious nod.)

this is a sidebar question of not much importance? if the pop video were taped over some time, am i correct to surmise that scott wore different clothes? i mean it would be weird to see him in the same top day after day?

it's similar to how movies have sequence coordinators to assure a logical visual flow?

i wouldn't want to be distracted by seeing scott wearing a blue shirt in shots one through five and a red shirt for shots six through eight?

the more i think about my question, the more i'm not quite convinced it's unimportant? as my dear aunt foofy reminds me, children have a way of reminding us of the immediate.

and -- in one-pocket instruction -- the lesson could be obscured by the immediacy of costume irregularities? sort of like wardrobe malfunctions?

just a thought!

authenticity is my life,

sunny
steve is there a way to put her on IGNORE for everyone? im serious

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
steve is there a way to put her on IGNORE for everyone? im serious
Well sure.... Larry!

Just find a post of hers... read it.... make sure you are making the right decision, then click on her name and choose the 4th option down.

:D:D

oh wait... my mistake

Do this instead.... Click on the User CP, go down to Buddy Ignore lists, type in her name in the ignore list and click something.. probably update or something like that.

wait... just read your post again.. you're asking to put her on ignore for EVERYONE.... don't think that will happen... some people like her.. I can see she's really getting under your "Skin" though, I would put her on ignore with you , to save your sanity :)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
Well sure.... Larry!

Just find a post of hers... read it.... make sure you are making the right decision, then click on her name and choose the 4th option down.

:D:D

oh wait... my mistake

Do this instead.... Click on the User CP, go down to Buddy Ignore lists, type in her name in the ignore list and click something.. probably update or something like that.

wait... just read your post again.. you're asking to put her on ignore for EVERYONE.... don't think that will happen... some people like her.. I can see she's really getting under your "Skin" though, I would put her on ignore with you , to save your sanity :)
thanks for the advice:D

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
the look

the look

lenny ... now that i've thought it through -- which i seldom do before leaping in with my mouthy mouth -- i think you guys made absolutely the right decision, clothing-wise!

the same outfit throughout the video makes great good sense, no need for wardrobe distractions.

while i would normally suggest not having emblematic clothing, i appreciate the advantage in showcasing a brand name in a sure-to-be best-selling video.

for futures? in your next videos ...

you can't go wrong with basic black! (every year something is the new black: red, grey, pink ... but black continues to prevail.) black is flattering, especially in the right light. complementary slacks? perhaps charcoal grey, in this case without pleats. include a black, non-reflective belt with matching shoes.

lighting, of course is key. the less harsh, the kinder the camera.

because of a wine accident in our loft, i had to recover our table. i went to a slightly deeper blue, which complements a player's black top quite nicely. also, i read somewhere that the camera likes blue cloth better than green because of the superior visual contrast with the pool balls.

makeup? just a light foundation and perhaps a slight definition for the eyes and lips along with the natural highlighting of cheekbones. your makeup artist can tell what is needed from just a couple of outtakes.

no doubt your feng shui consultant has advised you on the most felicitous placement of table, lighting, cameras, etc.

ambiance is my life,

sunny

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
baloney?

baloney?

gentiluomo vapros ...

one presumes you are speaking of the oldest university in europe, bologna?

although what bologna has to do with john philip sousa, one wonders?

while i snap to attention when marching bands parade and when sirens doppler by, i am more closely identified with the grace and civility of an oogah horn!

patriotism is my life,

sunny

p. s. from a playwright you may have read, who may have said something like this:

'there are two kinds of people in the world -- people who love delis and people you shouldn't associate with.'

solemn words to consider ... for all in the pool community.