scott /efren

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Have to bank the 5 ball 1 rail off the 2,9,10. Put the cueball uptable by the corner pocket on Efrens side. 5 has a good chance of going in

scott liked the idea of moving the 5 ball
BUT he couldnt see enough of the 5 to pull it off
so what did he do???????:rolleyes:
he pulled out a jump cue.....:eek:
and jumped the solid to hit the 5
ss6.jpg

ss3.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Before this goes any farther, PLEASE LET US ALL AGREE THAT JUMP CUES ARE AS THEY SHOULD FOREVER BE ILLEGAL IN ONE POCKET.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Before this goes any farther, PLEASE LET US ALL AGREE THAT JUMP CUES ARE AS THEY SHOULD FOREVER BE ILLEGAL IN ONE POCKET.

i agree completely
i was looking for something to post and ran across this and thought it would get some discussion
maybe lenny who was there can explain if this was discussed before hand and if not efrens reaction
as an aside
who would have thought that scott even practices jump shots with a jump cue
im in earl stricklands camp where hes been known to say
if you cant do it with your playing cue you cant do it!!!

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
i agree completely
i was looking for something to post and ran across this and thought it would get some discussion
maybe lenny who was there can explain if this was discussed before hand and if not efrens reaction
as an aside
who would have thought that scott even practices jump shots with a jump cue
im in earl stricklands camp where hes been known to say
if you cant do it with your playing cue you cant do it!!!

If I remember correctly, there was a heavy and heated discussion between the two when this happened.

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
Et Tu Scotte

Et Tu Scotte

Can't believe a champion would even fathom the thought of bring one of those grenade throwers into our civilized contest. Does he really want to level the field by allowing any straight shoting 9baller to just leap over well thought out safeties and pinpoint position play? Short term gain, not worth the cost, he should have known better. If he pulled it out in a match with me we would never have known the result, the shot would not have been played!

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
As for the jump cue, there was little argument other than Scott saying to Efren they always played jump cues allowed. Efren was okay with it until Scott used it and did not botch the shot, he borrowed the jump cue from some kid sitting in the crowd, he does not even own one.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
As for the jump cue, there was little argument other than Scott saying to Efren they always played jump cues allowed. Efren was okay with it until Scott used it and did not botch the shot, he borrowed the jump cue from some kid sitting in the crowd, he does not even own one.

I was at Kolbys for that match and Efren did mildly protest. There was a ref at the match and he didnt say a word. If I remember correctly Efrin was ahead in that game 7 to 0 and as a result of the jump cue won that game and the match. Know way should he have been allowed to use it!!!

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I was at Kolbys for that match and Efren did mildly protest. There was a ref at the match and he didnt say a word. If I remember correctly Efrin was ahead in that game 7 to 0 and as a result of the jump cue won that game and the match. Know way should he have been allowed to use it!!!
Yes, it was a mild protest on Efren's part, he said no jump cues and Scott said they always played like that. One thing I know is they should have had it stated beforehand but IMO jump cues should not be allowed in one pocket unless you use your full cue.

Attachments

• 96899874.yhK4D9QJ.DSC_2234.JPG
    96899874.yhK4D9QJ.DSC_2234.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 96899876.rifJ05Xt.DSC_2235.JPG
    96899876.rifJ05Xt.DSC_2235.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 96899878.zEU2hMhW.DSC_2236.JPG
    96899878.zEU2hMhW.DSC_2236.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
e

Being in a desperate situation can cause a mans' overview to become cloudy. My guess might is that Scott doesn't agree with their use either, or he would have been carrying one. I once lost a tournement match to a strong player abter hooking him. He went running all over the room looking for someone to front him a jump cue. Finally he suceeded, a local kid handed him his, he made the shot and got out. It was 9ball, so it was a legal shot, but the borrowing of equipment on the fly really ground my gears.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Yes, it was a mild protest on Efren's part, he said no jump cues and Scott said they always played like that. One thing I know is they should have had it stated beforehand but IMO jump cues should not be allowed in one pocket unless you use your full cue.
hey if scott did this on the fly
you have to give him credit in the thinking on your feet/ shark/maxi/balls/ department
:D
great pic
ss9.jpg
i would have unscrewed my cue and call it a day
and NOT PAID
call me what you want
thats my opinion
:p