Scott / Efren 2010 Race To 5

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
scotts up 4 games to 5
efren broke its scotts shot
this was a player review with scott commenting on his thoughts as the match went on in retrospect with another commentator(i'll edit who when i take the dvd out )
its on accu stats and i recommend it as a way to get into the thinking of a champion
not trying to play favorites
freddy .Billy I, Grady all have dvds where you can learn alot
se1.jpg

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Shoot the striped ball by the 3 into the 1 and 6 and hope for the best, might clear them out depending on how you hit them.

crystal cue

Verified Member
I would take an intentional and kick 1 rail behind the 1 ball,if you miss the one,with good speed you might be able to stick the qb on the back of the green.

bankshotbob

I think he backcuts the 8. by the way Lenny, thanks for all you do with your live streaming and dvds.

bstroud

Verified Member
I think he has a good chance to get out of the break right now.

I would shoot into the first stripe that is about even with the cue ball fairly hard and freeze the cue ball to the 2? ball.

Looks like you can clear some of the balls out of your oppon ents pocket.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i have the dvd in my office computer:mad: :(
so i cant post what happened next:mad: :(
scotts strategy is interesting to hear and i hope you all will discuss
when i show the next few shots

this was a teaser bump:)
much better than ................

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I also like Rod's shot, seems to be laying well plus there really doesn't look like there's any thing else available.

Speed is crucial with this shot, i would hit it hard enough to position the stripe on my side and control the cue ball.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok guys give me some time to post the sequence of shots and comments from scott
i 'll give you the go ahead when you can comment to your hearts content:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
scott took a foulf ON HIS SIDE OF THE STACK
as he said usually a no no but he felt it was all he could do
efren did what scott said
if your opponent doesnt like being in a certain spot put him back there
so efren sent the q back to the same spot
ee1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
efren put him back on the rail
they both have 2 fouls now
scott finally listened to MR.STROUD:)
he shot at that stripe and froze on the 2
notice that efrens failure to FREEZE scott to the rail as he did on the prior shot hepled to make this shot available
es5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so some key concepts from scott
he took scratches to make it a longer game for both of them
he took scratches on the wrong side of the stack cause he was not comfortable trying to kick behind the balls

Kudos to bill stroud you get a cookie:)
if scott took your shot he wouldnt owe any balls and would be in the same position

just think bill you saw the shot before scott did:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That surprises me from Scott -- I mean the way he took a scratch on the wrong side of the stack -- twice. I think he is very fortunate that Efren didn't draw him into a sell out trying to avoid a third scratch. By the way, the other thing that looks 'backwards' about this sequence is that usually I think of being frozen to the stack as the toughest place to leave the cue ball, yet Efren chose to put Scott back toward the rail twice. Basically, I guess Efren was concerned about the 8-ball on Scott's side of the table near the stack. In that case, apparently Scott used the threat of that 8-ball (?) effectively, so he wasn't entirely on the wrong side of the stack... although lll didn't show the actual cue ball positions that Scott took his scratches to, I am going to guess that Scott was using the top of the 4-ball (?) to protect the 8 -- and even protect from Efren kicking behind the 8. Can you show us lll?

I looked for slight differences in the cue ball position to see if Scott was hoping for a slightly different angle or something, but the only difference I really noticed was that the cue ball started quite a ways off the rail, and ended up variations of closer to the rail (when Efren rolled back there), so I don't think that was what Scott was fishing for.

Maybe Scott just didn't like his options too much and was hoping that Efren would do something different to open up some other Scott Frost creative move -- and when that did not happen, Scott just went with the best he could come up with and hope for the best.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
That surprises me from Scott -- I mean the way he took a scratch on the wrong side of the stack -- twice. I think he is very fortunate that Efren didn't draw him into a sell out trying to avoid a third scratch. By the way, the other thing that looks 'backwards' about this sequence is that usually I think of being frozen to the stack as the toughest place to leave the cue ball, yet Efren chose to put Scott back toward the rail twice. Basically, I guess Efren was concerned about the 8-ball on Scott's side of the table near the stack. In that case, apparently Scott used the threat of that 8-ball (?) effectively, so he wasn't entirely on the wrong side of the stack... although lll didn't show the actual cue ball positions that Scott took his scratches to, I am going to guess that Scott was using the top of the 4-ball (?) to protect the 8 -- and even protect from Efren kicking behind the 8. Can you show us lll?

I looked for slight differences in the cue ball position to see if Scott was hoping for a slightly different angle or something, but the only difference I really noticed was that the cue ball started quite a ways off the rail, and ended up variations of closer to the rail (when Efren rolled back there), so I don't think that was what Scott was fishing for.

Maybe Scott just didn't like his options too much and was hoping that Efren would do something different to open up some other Scott Frost creative move -- and when that did not happen, Scott just went with the best he could come up with and hope for the best.
steve
post 12 is after the break
scott put him right in top of the 2
the cd now is at home:(
ill post it tonight if still necessary

post 13 is efren 1st reply
look at how he left scott froze

post 14 scott bumped the 2 again
scott kept saying he REALLY didnt want to take another foul
thought of 3 rail kick and one rail kick off the head rail
he didnt feel comfortable with those options

then he mentioned about making it a longer game so he might get away with a mistake (tougher to go 10 and out than 8 and out)

the commentator mentioned to scott why efren didnt try to do more on his turn
scott did mention that the 4-8 were lined up favorably towards his pocket and efren had to be aware of that
also the concept of put the guy back where he doesnt like it

post 15 shows efrens reply
the cue is alittle more on line with the 2nd diamond and further from the rail

i hope this explantion helps

Last edited: