S. Frost vs. S. Ochoa 2012 Tunica

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I like firing the 10 into the 2 and floating forward off the 7. You just have to get rid of that 2 now I feel, or it will get real bad.

I want to say something: first thanks to all who put up these threads, but I must say if it is is possible to get that "players angle" in these wwyd's that is better and more "informative" than any other angle. And yes, I am asking politely. Nice angle Dennis.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
i think you gotta go three rails and come in behind/try to touch the deuce.

Dustin, I hate to say it but you've been listening to too much Danny D..:):p:D

Two things you can count on from him:

1. Everytime a guy breaks the other guy should kick 3 or 4 rails around the table and bump the ball by the breaker's pocket.

2. The lag is so very important in a 3 out of 5 match because if it goes 5 games the winner breaks the 5th game. Wow, what a revelation. All of the moron commentators say this.

Doesn't mean Scott didn't shoot your shot:):p:D.

RBL

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Dustin, I hate to say it but you've been listening to too much Danny D..:):p:D

Two things you can count on from him:

1. Everytime a guy breaks the other guy should kick 3 or 4 rails around the table and bump the ball by the breaker's pocket.

2. The lag is so very important in a 3 out of 5 match because if it goes 5 games the winner breaks the 5th game. Wow, what a revelation. All of the moron commentators say this.

Doesn't mean Scott didn't shoot your shot:):p:D.

RBL

..and i expected TD to jump my ass about my fascination with the three railers...:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I want to say something: first thanks to all who put up these threads, but I must say if it is is possible to get that "players angle" in these wwyd's that is better and more "informative" than any other angle. And yes, I am asking politely. Nice angle Dennis.

TD,

The only "angles" that Larry or anyone else can put up are the ones that the "streamer" or "filmer" chooses to pick at that moment. We have no choice in the matter and are all at their mercy. I have chosen not to post many very good situations because it wouldn't have been "seeable" by the masses. I would rather have a lesser situation that has several angles and post it instead. Everyone can get a better idea that way, even if it is a "lesser" game situation.

Dennis

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I too would like to thank Dennis and the others for contributing these wwyd threads to One Pocket.org. It is fun to read the responses and offer my own choices as well. Maybe someone can share how to make these wwyd posts so some others can offer one or two. I certainly have no idea how, but would like to know.

In this case I have the shot I think would be best but I will refrain from stating it for a while to give others a chance of making their selection first.
Ithink I've jumped in a little too quickly at times. I'm sorry if I have. I get a bit excited by these things sometimes. Maybe because I love this game more than anyone could know.

I have not seen this match and I think it is best should you know what shot the shooter plays in these threads to keep it to yourself at least for a while.
It's kind of like cheating if you don't. JMO

Tom

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I too would like to thank Dennis and the others for contributing these wwyd threads to One Pocket.org. It is fun to read the responses and offer my own choices as well. Maybe someone can share how to make these wwyd posts so some others can offer one or two. I certainly have no idea how, but would like to know.

In this case I have the shot I think would be best but I will refrain from stating it for a while to give others a chance of making their selection first.
Ithink I've jumped in a little too quickly at times. I'm sorry if I have. I get a bit excited by these things sometimes. Maybe because I love this game more than anyone could know.

I have not seen this match and I think it is best should you know what shot the shooter plays in these threads to keep it to yourself at least for a while.
It's kind of like cheating if you don't. JMO

Tom

I made a thread a while back that seemed to have enlightened absolutely nobody. I am very talented in that regard.

You can try it, maybe it is a bit longwinded, or maybe you'd prefer another explanation.... either way, PM me anytime if you'd like Tom. The thread is for BOTH staring your own thread, and editing a picture in a current thread to SHOW others your shot. Make sure you make that distinction in your head if you read it.

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7180

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The 13ball is positioned where...from the picture... it's hard to determine whether it can be, or not be pocketed. If the 13ball cannot be pocketed I would then bank the 14ball to my side of the table and position the cue ball on the 9ball. It wouldn't hurt at all even if you bumped the 9ball softly, not allowing your opponent to see the moved 14ball. From that position you figure to get back to the table to further yourself in escaping the break.

If the 13ball can be pocketed then I would either play a simple shot like banking the 9ball cross table to my side and lay the cue ball near the side rail. I would try to hide the moved 9ball with the 15ball to limit my opponent with viable options. I would also consider playing a soft billiard and pocket the 2ball for my opponent. The trade off looks to be fairly close..particularly if I were playing a top player.This position could get very strong for my opponent very quickly, however, if the 2ball was pocketed then I would have much more time to escape the break.

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I like firing the 10 into the 2 and floating forward off the 7. You just have to get rid of that 2 now I feel, or it will get real bad.

I also enjoy these threads.

Firing the 10 into the 2 may do more harm than good. How about a simple shot. Bank the 15 over and try to snug the qb up to the 14.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm gonna try to draw here and get the 15 ball on my side.
Rod.
Rodney, it's been over three years that i've been waiting for you to put up a shot that I don't like. :sorry I don't like positioning the cue ball on the side of the 9ball it ended up in here. Imo you leave your opponent too many possible options to put you back in trouble. You can leak out the moved 15ball as an escape for him, or he can play off the 9ball and keep his advantage. Your side of the table is too naked to play the shot like that. Just my opinion.

Dr. Bill

beatle

Verified Member
i hate not making an aggressive shot when they have hit a strong break as i know what is coming down the road. but i dont see one here that accomplishes anything good.

so here i skin off the 13 and go behind the two ball. or the seven if the 13 doesnt work

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Okay, here is the shot I see. Granted, it is very aggressive but if I have a good feel for the speed of the table the shot is not dangerous and can reap great rewards. It is very important that I have a good feel for the speed of the table so if this is my first shot of the match I may chose something else.

I like banking the fifteen past the thirteen if possible, and running the cue ball short, three rails back to the second diamond on Ochoa's side. As long as the object ball can be played past the nine (there appears to be plenty of room) and the focus be on the cue ball, the shot has great prospects. The cue ball should hit the first rail about one diamond above the side pocket. I might even make a ball in my pocket with this shot but even if I don't I should get a ball somewhere near my pocket and hide it as well. I just want to make certain I don't run the cue ball much past the second diamond on Ochoa's side.

Tom

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I like the idea of knocking the 2-ball away, but shooting the 10 directly into it makes me worry about the 10 double kissing the 2 and leaving the 2 there. If the angle is available to bank the 10 behind the 2, that would knock both of them away without that possibility of a kiss.

Otherwise, I think I would just follow straight through the 6-ball with the cue ball, over to the side rail.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-03-13_07-39-54.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-03-13_07-39-54.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Greenshot_2013-03-13_07-56-50.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-03-13_07-56-50.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Okay, here is the shot I see. Granted, it is very aggressive but if I have a good feel for the speed of the table the shot is not dangerous and can reap great rewards. It is very important that I have a good feel for the speed of the table so if this is my first shot of the match I may chose something else.

I like banking the fifteen past the thirteen if possible, and running the cue ball short, three rails back to the second diamond on Ochoa's side. As long as the object ball can be played past the nine (there appears to be plenty of room) and the focus be on the cue ball, the shot has great prospects. The cue ball should hit the first rail about one diamond above the side pocket. I might even make a ball in my pocket with this shot but even if I don't I should get a ball somewhere near my pocket and hide it as well. I just want to make certain I don't run the cue ball much past the second diamond on Ochoa's side.

Tom

This was the first shot I saw also. I like it. There is another shot even more aggressive but also more risky. If i was at the table and confident I could hit it accurately I would go for it.... Banking the 6 ball 2 rails just missing the 13 ball and going into the 5 7 10 ball area. If you catch the 5 ball you might billiard the 10 ball in plus you will open up and push 3 or more balls to your side. I would spin my cueball 3 rails up table trying to leave him long and straight in on the 14 ball.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Interesting shot, Rob
A little too aggressive for my taste and potentially dangerous, but it can reap dividends if hit perfectly. Very imaginary idea.

Personally, I don't like playing into the stack and leaving the cue ball up table for my opponent unless I know exactly what's going to happen. But Im glad you saw the same shot I did. I think that's a very good option, with little risk involved and easy to execute.

Tom

bstroud

Verified Member
There are so many shots from this position but the most important thing is to get balls in front of your pocket and hide the cue ball.

The first shot I would look at is to bank the 9 ball into the 3-13, billiard off the 15? and follow to the side rail.

Another possibility is to bank the 15 into the 3-13 and go 3 rails with the cue ball to the same place on the side rail.

You could of course just shoot the 6 ball and follow to the side rail behind the 3-13 but it's not a very strong shot.

I think a strong shot is called for here to steal the break and because you may not get a second chance to do so.

I like the first option best because it offers the most bang for the buck and is low risk.

Bill S.